IGNORED

Convex or Concave Buttons?

T-Pac

Tough to say. Playing NES with convex buttons doesn't feel right for example. I feel like there is just more precision, perhaps? Like a better grip from finger to button? Cruising a more laid back modern adventure would feel weird with concave buttons. It might just be a comfort thing?

Edited by Kguillemette
  • Like 1

Honestly don't get the preference, I'm fine either way outside of the arcade.  There though, I don't think I've really used a machine with a convex button other than some of those ticket games so I never thought of it, but largely in the US they're concave.

Going to go with the smurfs answer -- all hail the SNES as it did both.

• Like 1

One system or device that I've used had the four option buttons that were concave, and tilted into each other.  This made a bowl-shape for all of the buttons, and it made it easy roll your finger around buttons.  The affect was subtle but it made multi-button movements much more fluid.

I cannot recall where I've seen this but that was my favorite option.  I think it was on a drone controller, but it was shaped very much like a game controller.

• Like 2

On an arcade stick with bigger buttons I like convex, easier to make inputs for me

A smaller pad with 4 action buttons I like both (totally like everyone on the SNES train), but if it's two button like the nes I would be fine either way, but the concave can dig into my thumbs with long gameplay.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...