IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Megaman 2!

BeaIank

On 3/20/2022 at 10:53 PM, PII said:

¡ Submit Your Favorite Idea For The Next Mega Man Robot Boss !  Here's Mine:

CREAMED CORN-MAN !!

What's that?  Weak sauce, you say?  

Keep in mind that Creamed Corn he's gonna be flingin' at you is hospital grade !

Creamed Corn Man.png

My son watches an old mega man tv show with a recurring character named Man-man. Hes an ordinary man who shows up frequently to help mega man, but only gets in the way and becomes a nuissance because his powers are too ordinary to be effective.  Things like spraying water or throwing potatos at robot masters. Mega man is too nice to tell him to f off and stop getting in the way.

Mega man also offers to recommend a good therapist to each robot master before fighting them. They always decline

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Dr. Morbis you played through like a soulless bulldozer. Tromping your way through the game using metal blade 95% of the time. Overkill at its finest sparing none cans and just walking through gates with no intent of floating through not even one.

Hahaha, "soulless bulldozer!"  Oh man, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  I'll have you know I only played eight games, of which only three were completed, but yeah, it didn't look pretty - I was just going for speed.  But that's what you get when you don't do any research and just wing it.  Sometimes a robot's just gotta have some fun, you know, lower his head and just RUN....  😛

• Like 1

9 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Exploited every area possible with no remorse.  I had to watch it twice because I couldn’t believe what I had seen after watching you just complete abuse the entire game up until that point.

S'what ah do bay-bay...

S'what ah do bebe...png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

My son watches an old mega man tv show with a recurring character named Man-man. Hes an ordinary man who shows up frequently to help mega man, but only gets in the way and becomes a nuissance because his powers are too ordinary to be effective.  Things like spraying water or throwing potatos at robot masters. Mega man is too nice to tell him to f off and stop getting in the way.

Mega man also offers to recommend a good therapist to each robot master before fighting them. They always decline

Well, I guess it's good that Mega Man still has a lingering respect for human life...  I'll have to see if I can find one of those eps online.

I knew something was missing from Terminator 2.  The scene where the T-100 attempts to counsel the T-1000 and correlates T-1000's lousy attitude toward learning from his mistakes to his complete lack of parental tlc must have gotten cut for time.

Also, spraying water at a robot master seems like a pretty good idea, especially if its HeatMan...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PII said:

Also, spraying water at a robot master seems like a pretty good idea, especially if its HeatMan...

If memory serves, it was drillman. And Im pretty sure my son invented corn man before you. We play 'mega man and proto man' and he frequently makes up robot masters for us to fight so we can get their power. Corn man sounded all too familiar. Im 100% sure there was a rice man. We got the power of rice. I wasn't sure what to do with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

If memory serves, it was drillman. And Im pretty sure my son invented corn man before you. We play 'mega man and proto man' and he frequently makes up robot masters for us to fight so we can get their power. Corn man sounded all too familiar. Im 100% sure there was a rice man. We got the power of rice. I wasn't sure what to do with it. 

Rats!  I was plannin to go worldwide with that one.  Oh well.  I think I see now why you skipped out this week -sounds like every week at your place is Mega Man week.  

Rice Man?  I'm pretty sure I know that guy.  It's just about all he eats...

Rice Power - when dry, I'm pretty sure its the power to get stuck in every last crevice within ones automobile...

• Haha 1

megaman2videomoviemakerpic.jpg.5faf647590e8c6bd221b6f8cfa540ded.jpg

Just wanted to point out that I did record a video. I started the recording when I pressed start on the title screen and stopped the recording as soon as Mega Man landed in the first Dr. Wily stage, so my total time was the length of the video (24:17:24). However, I wasn't satisfied and knew I could do better. For example, I knew I could've used Item-1 in Airman's stage but I chose not to in this video because I risked getting knocked off. Near the beginning of Crashman's stage (on the second screen), I missed a ladder. I didn't get hit, but just didn't quite grab onto the ladder on the top of the screen and landed on the platform below which cost me a few seconds.

I was too busy to record another video, so I didn't participate. Also I retired from YouTube last year, so I would've had to find somewhere else to upload it.

• The topic was unpinned