IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Kung Fu!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!

This week, everyone will be Kung Fu fighting! Prepare to face a week full of violence and endless rescues to a damsel in distress... who should have kicked the bad guy's butts. Why couldn't it be a guy in distress?

Regardless, get ready for KUNG FU!
The rules for this week are simple:

• Pick 1 player mode A
  • Play till you lose your first life
  • If you loop the game, keep looping till you lose your first life
  • If you are about to loop the score, take a picture before the loop and after the loop for every score loop you do
  • Highest score wins
  • Genre: Beat'em up

The contest ends Sunday, 04/10/22 at 11 pm EST.  Your user name should be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid. For speed runs that require video, that is not required.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1st Dr. Morbis 750,560
2nd mbd39 709,440
3rd NESfiend 469,840
4th 8bitdontquit 409,240
5th PII 168,240
6th Link 152,260
7th the_wizard_666 133,650
8th JamesRobot 81,120
9th docile tapeworm 65,720
10th Krunch 33,040
11th RH 24,340
  • Like 1

I've never played this game for score in my life, but it's a top tier black box title...

SCORE EDIT #1 - I beat the boss, but that damn knife thrower...  179,610

SCORE EDIT #2 - Still can't get through the third loop on my first man, but making progress: 404,770

SCORE EDIT #3 - Well this time it was the third loop magician that got me... 502,820

FINAL SCORE EDIT - Fourth loop magician destroyed me, but not before I got 750,560

KF-4.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Seems like I missed something from last week? But if you are looking for a hardfought battle for 4th place, Im always game

Why didn’t you play space ship shooter last week? I thought we were friends. That was some real Japanese shit you missed out on brother. Good stuff.

im going for it this week. People slipping on tapeys beat Um up competence? Im disrespected.

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Why didn’t you play space ship shooter last week? 

Had some people come into town unexpectedly this weekend on top of 3 other events Saturday. Was going to load it Sunday and get a participation score in, but the house is a mess and I couldn't find the chord that connects sd card to laptop. It actually looked like a cool game. I dig gradius, so I need to check it out at some point 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Had some people come into town unexpectedly this weekend on top of 3 other events Saturday. Was going to load it Sunday and get a participation score in, but the house is a mess and I couldn't find the chord that connects sd card to laptop. It actually looked like a cool game. I dig gradius, so I need to check it out at some point 

I get it. Straight forward answer to a silly question. Nice counter 💪🏻

• Like 1