IGNORED

Limited Run Games

4 hours ago, avatar! said:

What if they release NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. trading cards? 🙂

Maybe if they do PS1, and that's still a big maybe.

The other thing that I don't want to bother with is buying packs of cards trying to collect them all.  Don't get me wrong, I understand that's how trading cards are supposed to work, but I don't want to do that any more.  I don't want to bother with all of the doubles that you end up with buying lots of packs in an attempt to get a full set.  I guess I'm just too old for that.

When LRG used to include trading cards with their games, I loved it.  I enjoyed the artwork on the cards, and I kept them in a binder that takes up very little shelf space and I even look through the binder from time to time.  But I never attempted to acquire any more cards than the ones I received with the games I bought.  I had zero interest in buying additional cards.  

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Uhh no...the gameboy games are not bad, they're also not overlooked.  The 1st and 2nd made it into the earlier Castlevania Collection along with Kid Dracula too.  They just stupidly left out Legends because at one point IGA decided to play revisionist history and retconned it out (and with the DC game failing to finish/release) killing off Sonia Belmont's story which sucks because it's a solid game.

I think you're likely the only person I've ever seen claiming CV Legends as "a solid game". But if you enjoy it, that's just good for you. It's definitely not the general consensus anywhere though.

Adventure 2 is generally the one people like, and I can accept it as a perfectly passable Gameboy game, it's not terrible for sure. But it's definitely far below the par for the classic Castlevania series.

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

I think you're likely the only person I've ever seen claiming CV Legends as "a solid game". But if you enjoy it, that's just good for you. It's definitely not the general consensus anywhere though.

Adventure 2 is generally the one people like, and I can accept it as a perfectly passable Gameboy game, it's not terrible for sure. But it's definitely far below the par for the classic Castlevania series.

I enjoyed Legends. I felt 2 and Legends were the best of the bunch, but I also enjoyed the first one. 

I may be late to the party (or neglected to read if it was mentioned), but LRG's site had an overhaul lt looks good IMO, although I will miss the darker aesthetic.

Speaking of missing something, looks like the ties are getting cut for PS4 users. It's a shame, no physical PS4 Tomba. 

Edited by BouncekDeLemos
  • Agree 1

On 9/10/2024 at 4:11 PM, avatar! said:

So with this forthcoming release, about the only Castlevania games left are the PS2, PS3, and N64 games I believe...

I was curious myself, so I went through all of the recent collections.

There have been 4 collections released recently for modern consoles.

• Castlevania Requiem
    • Rondo of Blood
    • Symphony of the Night
  • Castlevania Anniversary Collection
    • Castlevania (NES)
    • Simon's Quest
    • Dracula's Curse
    • Super Castlevania IV
    • The Adventure
    • Belmont's Revenge
    • Kid Dracula
    • Bloodlines
  • Castlevania Advance Collection
    • Circle of the Moon
    • Harmony of Dissonance
    • Aria of Sorrow
    • Dracula X (SNES)
  • Castlevania Dominus Collection
    • Dawn of Sorrow
    • Portrait of Ruin
    • Order of Ecclesia
    • Haunted Castle (Arcade)

Those four collections cover every physically released 2D Castlevania game except for the following:

• Castlevania Legends (Game Boy)
  • Vampire Killer (MSX2)
  • Castlevania Chronicles (X68000 / PS1)

I'm ignoring the digital only stuff (even though some if it is good) and the 2.5D stuff like Mirror of Fate and the Rondo of Blood remake on PSP.  They haven't done any 3D collections yet.  I'm not sure if they would ever bother, but if they did, it would make sense for the 3D games to be part of their own collections.  Maybe they could make a Lords of Shadow collection as well.  

The strange thing to me is that while these 4 recent collections have been released on modern consoles, there isn't a single modern console to receive all 4.  Requiem is PS4 only.  Anniversary and Advance Collections are PS4, XBox One, and Switch.  And Dominus is PS5, XBox Series S/X and Switch.  Switch and PS4 have the most, but no single console has them all, at least not physically.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess we could squeeze in a collection with the N64 games, Rebirth, and X68K.

Honestly that would probably the most interesting collection out of all of them. Legacy of Darkness in high res and a decent framerate would be cool to have.

But yeah, probably makes more sense to release the three Rebirth games bundled together instead.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Da fack?

US only

This product is only available for shipping in the United States.

This is NOT an Atari exclusive, you can find it for sale at Best Buy and GameStop as well as other places. So, you should absolutely be able to find it in Canada 🙂

46 minutes ago, avatar! said:

This is NOT an Atari exclusive, you can find it for sale at Best Buy and GameStop as well as other places. So, you should absolutely be able to find it in Canada 🙂

Ah well I’m sorry, I got an email from Atari that made it sound like this was exclusive to their online store. I see now it’s available elsewhere. Never mind!

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Can confirm, Gamestop has it available to order online:

image.png