• Added circle-strafe
  • Performance improvements
  • Monster respawning on Nightmare difficulty
  • Level codes
  • Rumble support via an all-new controller

So nothing good. Got it. 

7 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

So nothing good. Got it. 

I mean, I feel like adding all of the missing levels and episodes is a pretty big improvement.  It's still the SNES version, so even with the "performance improvements," it will certainly still be inferior to the original version, but I'm still curious to see how "playable" they can make the SNES version.  

• Like 1

They're just being nasty for the sake of it.  It's basically been upgraded (from the time) of being the most accurate to total stages carried over copuy fo Doom, despite its other compromises, to now being a truer fuller port of Ultimate Doom to SNES.  They've made this FX clone Randy Linden on his X account is calling the FX3 chip.  The game runs smoother, faster, saw a video online and it's still not optimized and going far better.  It still lacks the ground/ceiling textures, but many other gains like the notable faster speed and frame rate along with circle strafing, codes, finally I guess with that a way to continue since it stupidly had no save method.  There is one early clip of the game build on youtube now that shows E1M1 being done by a newb who never played it before and you can see the difference in how it moves.  The FX3 as it is also runs full motion video as well as other tweaks only relegated to the MSU1 format so far.

I can't stand LRG but damnit...ugh it's the original Doom and if it's going to be as nice as it seems to be I may break my personal stop of buying any more of their stuff just once.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I can't stand LRG but damnit...ugh it's the original Doom and if it's going to be as nice as it seems to be I may break my personal stop of buying any more of their stuff just once.

I respect your opinion, but honestly, I'm a fan of LRG if nothing else, they offer us physical editions of games that would only be released digitally 🙂

What would be ideal is reversing their slide over some years now.  Taking far longer to get out a product, now running into the 18-24+months window.  Raising prices even on standard packages to somewhat absurd levels would be another.  The 'cheap' Doom is $100, or when they got that lost Shantae 2 it was what $60-65?  When Shantae on GBC popped up is was $35-40 as have other handheld games.  They've been inching up prices and exponentially making their ship dates insultingly long for what you get, especially if that get isn't the $120-200 package with a heap of extras in it.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

What would be ideal is reversing their slide over some years now.  Taking far longer to get out a product, now running into the 18-24+months window.  Raising prices even on standard packages to somewhat absurd levels would be another.  The 'cheap' Doom is $100, or when they got that lost Shantae 2 it was what $60-65?  When Shantae on GBC popped up is was $35-40 as have other handheld games.  They've been inching up prices and exponentially making their ship dates insultingly long for what you get, especially if that get isn't the $120-200 package with a heap of extras in it.

Most of their standard games are $34.99 All standard Shantaes as far as I know were $34.99 or less. Their "collector's" editions are pricey, but no more pricey than I've seen anywhere else. I'm sure international shipping is crazy -- but to be fair, I just sent one small CD to Europe and it cost me $20. Their production times are definitely long. I think they're slowly working on that. At the end of the day, I still get more excited about LRG releases than just about anything else 🙂

18 hours ago, Tanooki said:

The wait times for standard games has gotten down to about six months. But it sounds like you’re talking more about their collectors editions or reproductions . Not standard games

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

@avatar! The Shantae GBA game which is just the game, box, manual went for $60.  I didn't buy that on principle, I'll just wait for the ROM to get leaked and use my flash kit for that price and/or buy it on Steam.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. However, that was a new game -- Risky Revolution -- developed by WayForward and released uniquely for the GBA. The original Shantae re-release for the GameBoy was $45. I thought that was very fair, and as I said, in general most of their standard games are priced at $34.99 🙂 

https://limitedrungames.com/products/shantae-game-boy-color

• Like 1

5 hours ago, avatar! said:

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. However, that was a new game -- Risky Revolution -- developed by WayForward and released uniquely for the GBA. The original Shantae re-release for the GameBoy was $45. I thought that was very fair, and as I said, in general most of their standard games are priced at $34.99 🙂 

https://limitedrungames.com/products/shantae-game-boy-color

I also think ~$60 is to be expected for a manufactured GBA game. I assume the parts are a little more expensive than a GBC game. I could be wrong though! I don't know what's the cheapest GBA homebrew release to date (that came in a box and all). 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

This is hilarious. This is the Colossal Cave DELUXE Edition with PREMIUM box

h7nuQBP.png

4kDYVj9.png

BQEVe6N.png

To be fair, I've seen numerous PC games with boxes that size for $59.99 -- so I agree with @MiamiSlice that it's a fair price. I mean, if you're looking for "Big Box" PC games these days that will easily be in the $79.99 territory.

17 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Y’all are brainwashed into accepting less every year.

Honestly, if it's a game I want and it has a physical release that already is a win 🙂

Especially classic games like this! Also, for what it's worth, the PS5 edition was $40. Still worth it.

Administrator · Posted
24 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Would you consider incube8games "homebrew"? Seems like a gray line between "homebrew" and "standard release"?

https://incube8games.com/collections/all

They're a publisher, and they consider the bulk of the games they publish to be homebrews: About Us – Incube8 Games

• Thanks 1