IGNORED

Zelda 3 'Anniversary' 30yo / North America

Joyomofrobro

This day a milestone for my favorite times I played Zelda 3 right when it came out and was hooked. Today on April 13th 2022 is the thirty year anniversary of game for North America released April 13th 1992 in my region. Who else is from the period of time that bestowed greatness of this title at the time. I cannot remember a more fun experience of an adventure to disembark on like this back then. Because I am such a fan it would be awesome if some Nintendo head seen my post here and left a comment, but what are the chances, who knows. I created this picture I am attaching for my love of the game a book I scored at a local store Video Game Trader in Calgary Alberta Canada where I am from. The book is not affiliated with Nintendo of America but what the hay. I wanted to create a thread basically for people here to leave comments of what this game means to them, thanks to all if any are left to follow!

ZELDA-ALTTP.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Joyomofrobro said:

This day a milestone for my favorite times I played Zelda 3 right when it came out and was hooked. Today on April 13th 2022 is the thirty year anniversary of game for North America released April 13th 1992 in my region. Who else is from the period of time that bestowed greatness of this title at the time. I cannot remember a more fun experience of an adventure to disembark on like this back then. Because I am such a fan it would be awesome if some Nintendo head seen my post here and left a comment, but what are the chances, who knows. I created this picture I am attaching for my love of the game a book I scored at a local store Video Game Trader in Calgary Alberta Canada where I am from. The book is not affiliated with Nintendo of America but what the hay. I wanted to create a thread basically for people here to leave comments of what this game means to them, thanks to all if any are left to follow!

ZELDA-ALTTP.jpg

That is one of the most useful game guides I ever bought - the official Nintendo one is nice but nowhere as complete as this one.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RH said:

Ok, ignorance about to be shown— I thought Link’s Awakening was the third in the series?

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

This was my first thought upon entering this thread lol and who even references Zelda in a numbered fashion!

Hey you nerds, Link's Awakening came out in 1993. Even in Japan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

You mean Zelda 4?

Hey, when in doubt I always refer to what we did back then. LttP was Zelda 3. No, we never called My Awakening Zelda 4. Maybe portable consoles felt distinct from home consoles. Would you call Super Mario Land SMB3? Or Mega Man II Mega Man 5? Of course not. 

(Here comes Metroid to fuck everything up)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Awesome picture!  When I got my SNES in 1991, it had this giant poster of games available, and near the bottom it had "Zelda III" coming soon, so as a kid LTTP was always Zelda 3 in my neighbourhood...

You are right I have the poster on wall, Zelda III to all the unbelievers!ZeldaIII-SNES.jpg.833a3325beb94601ee45f7748dee69ce.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I remember my middle school newspaper did some video game reviews and the reviewer gave this game a "5" in the challenge category (scale 1-10) and by far his biggest complaint was the hint book that came with it and "blew the challenge away" (I guess he forgot that the first Zelda game came with a hint map?).  Also in both cases they were sealed with a round sticker so it was up to the player to CHOOSE whether they wanted to use it or not and IIRC the hint book that came with LttP advised not using it unless you were REALLY stumped.

• Like 2