IGNORED

WATA Pop Reports are HERE

On 12/23/2022 at 9:07 AM, Gulag Joe said:

Don’t tell me none of you have opened sealed games to find the contents inside the box having imperfections.

Yes, depending on how the game was stored and whether it was shaken with someone holding it while dancing in a disco room.

Your point actually relates to why some of us collect new/sealed games. Because ultimately, it’s the factory-condition state that is likely to yield a mint game or inside contents.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

From Wata’s blog post:

With our new CIB service, we grade only the Box, Cart/Disc, and Manual. This streamlined process services the majority of submitted items and allows collectors a more affordable option for those games that may not be jam-packed with inserts. Any inserts (including but not limited to maps, posters, warranty cards, baggies, and dust sleeves) will be encapsulated with the game but not listed on the label or dashboard – we will not send these items back separately. This also means that GSIs are neither listed on the label nor graded separately. If you have a more “complete” game with inserts and/or GSIs, we recommend submitting with the CIB Plus add-on.”

EBAY: Wata 9.8 100% Complete CIB NES Al Unser Jr Turbo Racing READ DESCRIPTION

*it doesn’t list all of the inserts and baggie because I didn’t pay the extra $50 ($40 in the blog post) but trust me, everything is in there!*

I can see it would take a lot more work for WATA to note all the inside contents for all the CIBs that receive. I guess if you prefer your CIBs to be fully complete with all the other original contents, then just don’t use WATA for your CIBs?

Also if you prefer mint CIBs with all original contents then I can suggest you try VGA Qualified games. Essentially, these are games with everything new and all original contents, just that the seals are broken or the box has been opened.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

I may have gotten excited a little too quickly. What TF is this… so we’re gonna see graded CIB games floating around without knowing what components and variants are inside because some people didn’t pay the extra $50??? This is a slap in the face to 100% complete collectors.

E9FFC139-9007-458E-9125-14C569436E7C.jpeg

But did they ever specify if inserts were included in CIB before? I mean, they always accepted only cart, manual, box as CIB.

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole

What I like about my CIBs here at home is I can keep the inserts in the box and take them out and look at them any time. I can observe the box and think to myself "that is in good condition", and then put it back. It's great and it costs me no money, and I can access the game at any time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, GPX said:

I can see it would take a lot more work for WATA to note all the inside contents for all the CIBs that receive. I guess if you prefer your CIBs to be fully complete with all the other original contents, then just don’t use WATA for your CIBs?

Also if you prefer mint CIBs with all original contents then I can suggest you try VGA Qualified games. Essentially, these are games with everything new and all original contents, just that the seals are broken or the box has been opened.

It’s unclear whether or not VGA still offers qualified- there is no pricing that I could easily find on their site and the notes I did find regarding “qualified” said submissions were closed. I view that incoherentness as a reflection of their services. Also, if I wanted the same service Wata offered before, I would have to pay $100 total instead of the old price which was $175. The $100 price is the same as CGC. I think I’m going to use CGC for this round.

17 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

It’s unclear whether or not VGA still offers qualified- there is no pricing that I could easily find on their site and the notes I did find regarding “qualified” said submissions were closed. I view that incoherentness as a reflection of their services. Also, if I wanted the same service Wata offered before, I would have to pay $100 total instead of the old price which was $175. The $100 price is the same as CGC. I think I’m going to use CGC for this round.

glad i got in my qualified order in 2022 when i had the chance. lol i'm sure it'll come back. it looks like they're speeding up and updating the website incrementally which is promising.

3 minutes ago, inasuma said:

glad i got in my qualified order in 2022 when i had the chance. lol i'm sure it'll come back. it looks like they're speeding up and updating the website incrementally which is promising.

I’m speaking loosely here as I have not used VGA for CIB (or qualified). But does VGA list the components on the label for cib or do they offer an online database that shows what’s in the box? Also, to my knowledge their qualified says “everything that the game originally came with we would grade as qualified”, or something similar to that. Does that mean they wouldn’t grade, for example, a NES TMNT 2 Arcade Game as qualified if it was missing the warranty card?

4 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

I’m speaking loosely here as I have not used VGA for CIB (or qualified). But does VGA list the components on the label for cib or do they offer an online database that shows what’s in the box? Also, to my knowledge their qualified says “everything that the game originally came with we would grade as qualified”, or something similar to that. Does that mean they wouldn’t grade, for example, a NES TMNT 2 Arcade Game as qualified if it was missing the warranty card?

I haven’t been grading since the pandemic, so I don’t know about the availability of “Qualified” service with VGA. But I can answer your question, in that the inside contents have to:

- show no signs of use

- all contents full without missing anything that it originally should come with

A CIB that doesn’t fit the above criteria will be rejected.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 2:58 PM, GPX said:

Sadly vga qualified only works if the contents are “verified” to be “unused”. Not really a 1-to-1 substitute for wata/cgc CIB at this stage.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

Vga will give you a physical certificate. I have one for my qualified Heh You, Pikachu. It’s really fancy and emboss-stamped too. I assume whenever cert lookup comes back you’ll be able to look ip contents there too.

17 hours ago, inasuma said:

Sadly vga qualified only works if the contents are “verified” to be “unused”. Not really a 1-to-1 substitute for wata/cgc CIB at this stage.

Yes and I did mention they have to be unused contents, but all extras should be there in the box. So for a CIB/mint collector who is aiming for the best available, a VGA Qualified is actually a fair target. Just putting it out there, that’s all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Franmotard said:

Damn I’ll wait then, and what if I want to replace my old ones for new ones? Is there any ETA?

I don't have a concrete timeline for when the polycarbonate holders will start being used but I'd guess sometime in the second quarter. For replacing old holders with the new one, I have heard there will be a special of some sort for upgrading to the new holders. 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, mlbfan10 said:

I don't have a concrete timeline for when the polycarbonate holders will start being used but I'd guess sometime in the second quarter. For replacing old holders with the new one, I have heard there will be a special of some sort for upgrading to the new holders. 

Hopefully soon, have just gotten this beauty after a veeeeeeeeery long time looking for a nice copy and was about to make

the submission, but prefer a new case , any news on how it will be?

photo_2023-01-31_17-27-50.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1