IGNORED

Concerts you've attended

Reed Rothchild

In alpha order:

•    Coldplay
•    Fleetwood Mac
•    Guns N Roses
•    Hall & Oates (with Tears for Fears opening)
•    Keane
•    Oasis
•    The Beach Boys
•    The Moody Blues
•    The Pet Shop Boys
•    U2
•    UB40
•    Yes

Concerts: I'll probably never see live:

• AC/DC
  • Daft Punk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted

Updated page 1 with all of my ticket stubs that I have.  A couple things I noticed: The first unripped ticket I had was Nine Inch Nails in 2000.  I remember thinking it was odd at the time and that it was cool that I got to keep the whole thing.  First emailed/paper ticket was Rammstein in 2010 and I haven't had a real ticket since.

Those are all of the "major" shows I've been to.  Saw countless other shows in the 2000s, mostly punk rock.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I went through some of my tickets, here's a bunch of 2010 era+

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Going through these I was like.. dang. So many shows I didn't get tickets, or snuck in, or was working or blah blah blah drunk

One event I went to multiple years was bledfest, literally using a highschool as a multi stage venue, the main stage being in the gym and many classrooms as small stages. Loved the execution.

spacer.png

In 06 I went with my family to Disney in Florida and went and saw him 😂

spacer.png

Wishing I would have gone to see kittie the day before now hahah, but was really cool and the opener that mattered was the 69 eyes not Aiden.

That's about half the bag down, more pics soon wheee

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Not many. I'll try to list them but I'm sure I'll be forgetting a few.

30 Seconds to Mars (2019?)

311 (2017?)

Alien Ant Farm (2017)

Avenged Sevenfold (2008)

Barenaked Ladies (2001)

Dishwalla (2014, 2017)

Foo Fighters (2019?)

Fuel (2017)

Gin Blossoms (2009)

Goo Goo Dolls (2002)

Green Day (2018,2021)

Marcy Playground (2017)

Marilyn Manson (2015)

Muse (2019)

Offspring (2018)

Pearl Jam (2015)

Smashing Pumpkins (2015)

Squeeze (2017)

Stone Temple Pilots (2008)

Sublime with Rome (2018)

Tonic (2014)

Vertical Horizon (2014)

Weezer (2002, 2013, 2021)

Most of the bands were combined so it's less concerts than it looks.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Neat. 

Concerts I've been to and my thoughts...

Classified/Hilltop Hoods in Calgary. Good show. I was the DD and immature so I probably didn't have as much fun as I could have. 

Hilltop Hoods in Banff. Awesome shows. Bumped into Hilltop as they were getting on stage. Gave them a fist bump.... ironically when they were promoting an album with a track called "The Art of The Handshake"... which they proceeded to perform.

Our Lady Peace. Great show. Sounded awesome. 

I'm going to see Lady Gaga this weekend. 🤯

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 1

In order I remember:

• Rush
  • Mark Knopfler
  • Bob Dylan
  • AC/DC
  • Kanye West
  • Jack White
  • Roger Waters
  • Three Inches of Blood
  • Goatwhore
  • Slayer
  • Exodus
  • Sleep
  • Carly Rae Jepsen
  • Sun Kil Moon
  • Video Games Live (I guess this counts?)
  • Green Day
  • The Aquabats
  • Reel Big Fish
  • Bon Jovi
  • Gojira
  • Devin Townsend
  • Black Sabbath

There's definitely more, but it's 2AM and I'm slightly drunk so I don't quite remember. I currently have tickets to see Rage Against the Machine and Run the Jewels for next year. I remember buying those tickets back at the beginning of 2020, but big virus has shut that down for years hahahahahha

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm not a big concert person.  I haven't been to many concerts and the few I've been to, I was invited by some friends, and I went more for the social aspect rather than the concert itself.  I would rather sit at home or in the car and listen to music instead of going to a concert and most likely standing for the entire performance.  With that said, one band I would really like to see live someday before I die (or before they retire) is Tool.  

Here is what I've seen.  It may or may not be in order since I don't really remember anymore.

• Hootie &the Blowfish
  • Tantric (performed before Three Doors Down)
  • Lifehouse (performed before Three Doors Down)
  • Three Doors Down
  • Dave Mathews Band
  • One more band that I can't remember that performed at a county fair while I was in high school.  It might have been Third Eye Blind or a band with a similar style from that era.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

I started filling in an archive on that website and am shocked by how much I can't remember;

Here's some, (some of them I saw multiple times)

Rush
Prince
Mindless Self Indulgence
Reel Big Fish
Goldfinger
Warped Tour
Green Day
Rancid
Weezer
Sugar Ray
Dave Brockie Experience
Modern English
Counting Crows
N.E.R.D.
They Might be Giants
Red Elvises
Shootyz Groove
Frodus
Bucket of Monkey
Polyphonic Spree
Kawehi
Kottonmouth Kings
Freestylers
Squirrel Nut Zippers
Jimmy Eats World
Adam and his Package
Bit Brigade
Ninja Sex Party

seems like the vast majority was between 1998 and 2001

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G-type said:

I started filling in an archive on that website and am shocked by how much I can't remember;

Here's some, (some of them I saw multiple times)

Rush
Prince
Mindless Self Indulgence
Reel Big Fish
Goldfinger
Warped Tour
Green Day
Rancid
Weezer
Sugar Ray
Dave Brockie Experience
Modern English
Counting Crows
N.E.R.D.
They Might be Giants
Red Elvises
Shootyz Groove
Frodus
Bucket of Monkey
Polyphonic Spree
Kawehi
Kottonmouth Kings
Freestylers
Squirrel Nut Zippers
Jimmy Eats World
Adam and his Package
Bit Brigade
Ninja Sex Party

seems like the vast majority was between 1998 and 2001

The difficulty remembering was real.  Luckily one of a group of us that went to a lot of concerts together had his stack of ticket stubs from back in the day.  That helped.  A lot of my earlier, smaller localish shows are going to be forever lost in my memory I’m afraid.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Went through the rest of my tickets, ooof just so many shows I got nothing but a memory that isnt so clear but here goes:

spacer.png

2010s era, the jamboree in Toledo was cool, did merch for my friends band but really just hung out and saw lots bands. That converge show was insane. Only went to one warped tour in 2013, but got super lucky to get guestlisted which was really cool. That Sean bonnette set was completely amazing, one of the best shows I saw at mac's. Badge on bottom right from working the sounds of the underground. 

spacer.png

2000s era

spacer.png

Super cool show, also soad shot the hypnotize video during this show, so siick. Also Mars Volta was nuts!

2014 I wanted to see two shows consecutively in Detroit so I had a solo trip, went to the Detroit institute of art and spent the night on someone's couch. 

spacer.png

The first night the Swellers final Detroit show and the fullblast came from Canada to play it (was so stoked, glad to finally see em and got lucky to get a set list)

the second night was say anything, saves the day and Reggie and the full effect each playing full album sets. What a nice weekend it was.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Social Team · Posted

Fuck me!  @drxandygot to see Reggie and the Full Effect, Cursive, & Say Anything.... Damn.  I got some tour posters that I framed with the ticket stubs for Hey Mercedes and The Get Up Kids (I'll post later).  My biggest let down was buying a ticket for Braid but didn't end up driving all the way to Columbus for the show.  Can really kick my self in the ass for that one.

Other notable shows I saw were The Offspring (first concert), Dropkick Murphys (got on the stage), The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (just a great band/concert).  I got dragged to a Rise Against concert but didn't enjoy it because I was sick the whole damn time.  I spent like one song in the mosh and the rest of the night near the bar wishing I wasn't even there.  Literally doubled over in the back of the van and my friend told me we where at the venue so time to get up and enjoy the show.

For the most part I didn't get to fully enjoy the bands I saw because I didn't listen to their latest album before going to the show.  Or I didn't know about the other touring bands and became fans of them later on and can't remember much about them in the show other than they  were good.  

mistakes-were-made-jensen-ackles.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

early to mid 2000s

H20/new found glory

early november

ataris/auto pilot off 

rufio

jimmy eat world

my chemical romance/finch

thrice/dashboard confessional

handful of warp tours - number of bands goes up exponentially here. looking back, i don't think i really enjoyed these.  way too many people.  and the fact we were bouncing from stage to stage we were always in the back of the crowd.  the side stages weren't bad i guess, but the main stages the musicians looked liked the size of ants.  i would probably never go back to a music festival again. 

drive thru invasion tour

2010s

menzingers

hotelier

the world is a beautiful place and i am no longer afraid to die

reign of kindo

rozwell kid

microwave/starting line

gaslight anthem

2020s

movielife/early november

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

spacer.png

are you a fan of moneen? i loved them in the mid to late 2000s.  they have played a handful of shows the past couple years, so hopefully they will deliver new music in the future.  

i'm pretty sure say anything opened for thrice and dashboard confessional in the mid 2000s.  we got to the concert late, so we missed the opening act (which i THINK it was say anything).  on the drive home we listened to the sampler cd passed out at the concert and when say anything popped up i was instantly a fan.  

• Like 1

@final fight cdheck yaa, one of the fullblast songs is named after in reference 

haha anyways so because of that song I did listen to a bunch of moneens stuff and really dug the theory of harmonial value. Found the world I want to leave behind cd while thrifting like 5 yrs ago and its pretty good too. 

Completely unrelated but based on yer tastes check out this album,  https://pentimentony.bandcamp.com/album/i-no-longer

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drxandy said:

@final fight cdheck yaa, one of the fullblast songs is named after in reference 

haha anyways so because of that song I did listen to a bunch of moneens stuff and really dug the theory of harmonial value. Found the world I want to leave behind cd while thrifting like 5 yrs ago and its pretty good too. 

Completely unrelated but based on yer tastes check out this album,  https://pentimentony.bandcamp.com/album/i-no-longer

i used to frequent chorus.fm (which might have been absolutepunk.net before the name change) and this was ranked in their end of the year list.  had to check them out.  

• Like 1

Let's see, off the top of my head:

• Nine Inch Nails (x5)
  • Marilyn Manson (x4)
  • Danzig
  • Whitney Houston
  • Gwar
  • Soundgarden (x2)
  • Metallica (x2)
  • Radiohead (x2)
  • Bauhaus
  • Alien Sex Fiend
  • Death In June
  • Glassjaw
  • Andrew WK
  • GosT (NOT Ghost) (x3)
  • Perturbator
  • Aesop Rock
  • They Might Be Giants
  • The Faint
  • Interpol
  • Ministry
  • Skinny Puppy
  • Sonic Youth
  • Ramones
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Rammstein
  • Deftones
  • A Perfect Circle
  • Tool
  • AFI
  • Kontravoid
  • Orville Peck
  • Animal Collective
  • Morrissey 
  • VNV Nation
  • Depeche Mode
  • Stabbing Westward

I know there are many more, but I can't think of them right now. 

Edited by DorkOverlord
  • Like 3