IGNORED

VGS Homebrew on the Horizon

Scrobins

Added Rescue Force - Heroes Unchained for the NES, now on Kickstarter. I'm a completionist so I add everything, but I will note that despite efforts to be an enthusiastic homebrew supporter, Pacnsac Games consistently puts out low effort, buggy drivel that appears to steal assets from other games.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Scrobins said:

Added Rescue Force - Heroes Unchained for the NES, now on Kickstarter. I'm a completionist so I add everything, but I will note that despite efforts to be an enthusiastic homebrew supporter, Pacnsac Games consistently puts out low effort, buggy drivel that appears to steal assets from other games.

I know that a few years back they were stealing late release Famiclone software from Chinese companies like Waixing and Nanjing, translating the games into English, and then "repro'ing" them. Some of those games definitely used stolen assets, so it is possible he could be passing some of that stuff off as his own too, who knows.

16 hours ago, Scrobins said:

I'm a completionist so I add everything, but I will note that despite efforts to be an enthusiastic homebrew supporter, ... puts out low effort, buggy drivel...

On a different note, for those who are wondering @a3quit4s , this has been one of my major hangups when it comes to finishing the Hot Pot Runs game.

The game was developed as a parody kusoge based on the development of an unintentional kusoge in a novel, but that puts me in a weird position as while I want to keep the game the same as in the novel, I don't want to get a reputation for cranking out tons of low-effort drivel either, especially as I've come to the point of having a better understanding of the NES and development, have part of a crew assembled for developing better games, etc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I know that a few years back they were stealing late release Famiclone software from Chinese companies like Waixing and Nanjing, translating the games into English, and then "repro'ing" them. Some of those games definitely used stolen assets, so it is possible he could be passing some of that stuff off as his own too, who knows.

That's how I knew him, from a repro group on The Facebook.

16 hours ago, fcgamer said:

On a different note, for those who are wondering @a3quit4s , this has been one of my major hangups when it comes to finishing the Hot Pot Runs game.

The game was developed as a parody kusoge based on the development of an unintentional kusoge in a novel, but that puts me in a weird position as while I want to keep the game the same as in the novel, I don't want to get a reputation for cranking out tons of low-effort drivel either, especially as I've come to the point of having a better understanding of the NES and development, have part of a crew assembled for developing better games, etc.

Intent is important. That you're making a parody of actual materials and developing your games from scratch can't be overstated. To the best of my knowledge, you aren't copy/pasting what you're doing or ripping off other peoples' work. You're a homebrewer doing their thing.