IGNORED

Elon and Twitter

MrWunderful

What a petulant dickhead. Not a lot of people can say the world would legitimately be a better place if they didn’t exist but Elon Musk can. Dude is so mad that everyone thinks he’s a loser and is acting like he’s just memeing about it.

Anyway, the destruction of Twitter was no doubt calculated. It’s a giant international communication hub where working class citizens can gather and discuss things like unionizing, organizing, voting, etc. Of course some ruling class assholes and high level politicians wanted it gone. This was all part of a plan.

639F76D5-9748-4760-A280-E8C4FFB18D8E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Say what you will about powers that be and burning twitter down being calculated, perhaps it was, but had it not decided to only allow things it approved of being said on there in the last few years in particular this dumpster fire would not have happened.  Yes i get it's a private business and their own private servers, fair enough, but to basically push a specific narrative or get out wasn't going to fly forever and this is the result.  Elon would have clubbed it, or once the GOP controlled the government on both ends again, they would have done something about it one way or the other too.

In a weird way it's kind of a screwy parallel the left used to love to bitch about tirelessly with radio for decades, largely because of Rush Limbaugh, the fairness doctrine.  If he's allowed to say that, then we will force the stations to mandate having another person on with their own block as a counter point -- or he(Rush) is out, gagged, and done with radio.  Sound familiar?  They had it with the fairness doctrine, this dumpster fire burnout on twitter is like fairness doctrine 2.0 in a way.  For years they got their way of largely unopposed 'free speech' and attacked, gagged, suspended, and outright removed people for stuff that's utterly not illegal to say or do.  Then Elon rolls in as king troll, buys the place, pulls the reverse uno card, and now the liberals are losing their shit like the conservatives over the fairness doctrine did years ago.  Fucking irony.

• Like 1

It’s so sad lol. Dude has billions and billions of dollars and he’s worried about what the internet thinks about him. It’s like he hits every tweet thinking “Yeah this will be the one that makes everyone think I’m funny and cool!” Reeks of the made fun of kid in school acting out in ways he thinks the popular kids will find funny and just gets bullied harder because of it.

70C7AC34-52EE-4F84-BADA-A96BAB183C3C.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Say what you will about powers that be and burning twitter down being calculated, perhaps it was, but had it not decided to only allow things it approved of being said on there in the last few years in particular this dumpster fire would not have happened.  Yes i get it's a private business and their own private servers, fair enough, but to basically push a specific narrative or get out wasn't going to fly forever and this is the result.  Elon would have clubbed it, or once the GOP controlled the government on both ends again, they would have done something about it one way or the other too.

In a weird way it's kind of a screwy parallel the left used to love to bitch about tirelessly with radio for decades, largely because of Rush Limbaugh, the fairness doctrine.  If he's allowed to say that, then we will force the stations to mandate having another person on with their own block as a counter point -- or he(Rush) is out, gagged, and done with radio.  Sound familiar?  They had it with the fairness doctrine, this dumpster fire burnout on twitter is like fairness doctrine 2.0 in a way.  For years they got their way of largely unopposed 'free speech' and attacked, gagged, suspended, and outright removed people for stuff that's utterly not illegal to say or do.  Then Elon rolls in as king troll, buys the place, pulls the reverse uno card, and now the liberals are losing their shit like the conservatives over the fairness doctrine did years ago.  Fucking irony.

I’ve been on Twitter for a long, long time. Back when I voted conservative, even. If you think they only allowed one narrative you haven’t actually been on Twitter and only listened to what others think about it. Twitter was (still is?) one of the most effective places for right wing political conversation and conversion. It had (has?) a VERY loud and active conservative scene. The only thing Twitter really stepped in and stopped was peoples’ ability to say things like the N word.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

No I don't think it's that black and white, but I do think around the Trump and largely post-Trump era that's where the narrative took a slide.  Can't argue the N word thing, outside of literary/historical context it shouldn't be done at all, including the stupid use of people from the same race that targets calling each other that as it's asinine.  My point stands on the fairness doctrine fallout, the parallels are there in recent times the more I think about it.  Flipping the table is what this was just like that was to radio and lots of howling ensued.

Keep in mind the guy admittedly has aspergers and this seems to fall into line from the shortcomings of that too so I really can't say I'm surprised in the slightest how the guy acts both on the mature and immature side of things.

Edited by Tanooki

On 11/15/2022 at 2:05 AM, CodysGameRoom said:

First article is a joke, the author should get a clue and do better research.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:43 AM, CodysGameRoom said:
On 11/15/2022 at 2:18 AM, Tabonga said:

Particularly unhelpful - let's see one article has 20 Americans leaving (that is impressive), another article that states why some are leaving with with no concrete numbers (again impressive)  and one that simply says record numbers - with no actual number cited that I saw.  So one year 100 people leave and the next 102 - that is a new record!  

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/the-top-reason-why-americans-abroad-want-to-dump-their-citizenship.html

"About 9 million U.S. citizens are living abroad, the U.S. Department of State estimates."

https://www.aaro.org/about-aaro/8m-americans-abroad

"8.7 million Americans (excluding military) live in 160-plus countries."

It just takes a simple Google search, it's really very easy to use. 

That article doesn't say when the people moved abroad, some could have moved abroad in the 70s or something during completely different circumstances to now. In fact, this would actually be more likely as a situation. Those living abroad who are giving up their citizenship (my tax guy even suggested I do so if I strike it rich in Taiwan) is for the sake of taxation, rather than for other political reasons. These are people who have lived abroad for years and years, likely decades, have no plans of ever moving back to the States, yet still have to report taxes under a complicated and archaic system. 

I personally know many Americans here who don't file their taxes, as they aren't sure what they need to do when abroad, or don't even realise that they need to file. It's ridiculous, one of maybe three countries in the world with a system like this.

So yeah, most of the people already living abroad who are considering giving up their citizenship have been abroad for decades, some likely even dual citizenship from birth types (like Taiwanese, etc)

I never said Rush was persecuted once, you did.  I was pointing out the parallel to them bitching about the fairness doctrine, to you all bitching about how that kind of hammer just got dropped on Twitter by the worlds richest troll.  That's it, reading beyond that is just trying to deflect or pick a fight.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This is wild.

Fh19jf1XoAEg7cm?format=jpg&name=large

That is absolutely incredible. Just thinking about this happening in real time is fucking pure gold. 

9 hours ago, Strange said:

What a petulant dickhead. Not a lot of people can say the world would legitimately be a better place if they didn’t exist but Elon Musk can. Dude is so mad that everyone thinks he’s a loser and is acting like he’s just memeing about it.

Anyway, the destruction of Twitter was no doubt calculated. It’s a giant international communication hub where working class citizens can gather and discuss things like unionizing, organizing, voting, etc. Of course some ruling class assholes and high level politicians wanted it gone. This was all part of a plan.

639F76D5-9748-4760-A280-E8C4FFB18D8E.jpeg

You make excellent points. It begs the question, though... Why not just close it down outright? And pay way less? 

I suppose that would be too obvious.

I mean... .what Elon's doing now, when you look at everything in hindsight, could very well be him tanking the company on purpose.

Personally, I think you'd have to be a pretty stupid asshole to do the things he's doing. It doesn't seem to be the greatest plan. Firing staff, angering the rest, pissing off users..... just on the surface, that is NOT a solid business plan.

But to do it all just to make it LOOK like you are doing "something", when you're STILL intentionally tanking the company is some extra special fucked up shit...... but..... there's crazier things that've happened. 🤔

1 hour ago, Link said:

292DA29C-E8C8-4CA0-886A-BBA00739C8D7.jpeg

This needs to be in a museum.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I never said Rush was persecuted once, you did.  I was pointing out the parallel to them bitching about the fairness doctrine, to you all bitching about how that kind of hammer just got dropped on Twitter by the worlds richest troll.  That's it, reading beyond that is just trying to deflect or pick a fight.

The implication I was making is that he should have been persecuted and certainly was not. 

Your fairness doctrine concept is a false equivalence.

Edited by Link
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

No I don't think it's that black and white, but I do think around the Trump and largely post-Trump era that's where the narrative took a slide.  Can't argue the N word thing, outside of literary/historical context it shouldn't be done at all, including the stupid use of people from the same race that targets calling each other that as it's asinine.  My point stands on the fairness doctrine fallout, the parallels are there in recent times the more I think about it.  Flipping the table is what this was just like that was to radio and lots of howling ensued.

Keep in mind the guy admittedly has aspergers and this seems to fall into line from the shortcomings of that too so I really can't say I'm surprised in the slightest how the guy acts both on the mature and immature side of things.

Sorry if I came off as a dick btw, I’m just mad because I genuinely enjoy using Twitter and have for over a decade and it sucks to see what it has devolved into. All politics aside.

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

You make excellent points. It begs the question, though... Why not just close it down outright? And pay way less? 

I suppose that would be too obvious.

I mean... .what Elon's doing now, when you look at everything in hindsight, could very well be him tanking the company on purpose.

Personally, I think you'd have to be a pretty stupid asshole to do the things he's doing. It doesn't seem to be the greatest plan. Firing staff, angering the rest, pissing off users..... just on the surface, that is NOT a solid business plan.

But to do it all just to make it LOOK like you are doing "something", when you're STILL intentionally tanking the company is some extra special fucked up shit...... but..... there's crazier things that've happened. 🤔

Twitter is a place where a lot of union talk and organizing took place. Tesla included. Dude was very verbally against that before he ever bought it. This is like Christmas for him. And if it’s somehow not a deliberate move, then the dude is just not a smart businessperson. In this scenario it’s clear that one or the other is true (or hell, both can still be true).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Sorry if I came off as a dick btw, I’m just mad because I genuinely enjoy using Twitter and have for over a decade and it sucks to see what it has devolved into. All politics aside.

I didn't even pick up on there being a dick vibe there, you're fine it's all good.  I've got an account, but mostly just to poke around but I've never once posted as I never felt the need or comfortable enough to go down that rabbit hole.  I've seen it go over time as you have, didn't like where it went in the last few years with them being as they were, now it's gotten slammed for it by a rich troll so now anyone who was cozy is having a melt down over it at this rate.  As far as I'm concerned, just sit back and watch, let it ride, as nothing else can be done now.  Had the twitter behavior of the employees not gone in the perceived way it has in the last 6~ years creating the growing complaints enough, this whole mess wouldn't be happening now.  Now it's town to elon playing some gotcha, gonna getcha game of throwing wrenches at people to learn to dodge a dodgeball (as it was in that old movie.)

14 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Dude, you don't need hindsight to see that; regular sight is more than enough 😉

4 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Good luck Elon. This will be taught about for years to come in business classes about how man child edge lords can’t run a social media company

Ummm...    unless the class is on how to make a sitcom or something, I fail to see how a guy destroying something he owns on purpose would have any place in an institution of higher learning...  🤔

12 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Dude, you don't need hindsight to see that; regular sight is more than enough 😉

Ummm...    unless the class is on how to make a sitcom or something, I fail to see how a guy destroying something he owns on purpose would have any place in an institution of higher learning...  🤔

You're right.... Haha, I mean.... It's an immediate "sight", not much time for hindsight required. 🤣

Dude walked into the offices with an actual sink.

Me - "Yup, they're fucked."

On 11/18/2022 at 11:27 AM, Strange said:

Twitter is a place where a lot of union talk and organizing took place. Tesla included. Dude was very verbally against that before he ever bought it. This is like Christmas for him. And if it’s somehow not a deliberate move, then the dude is just not a smart businessperson. In this scenario it’s clear that one or the other is true (or hell, both can still be true).

Hmmm.... yes, true, true. So hilarious that he's dancing around with all the charades. Because he can't HONESTLY be thinking all these things will help the company? I mean... of course publicly he will say he is and what not, but come on. It's crazy interesting to watch the terrible decisions in real time.

But like.... eventually someone ELSE will buy it back from him, no? Like.... Twitter isn't going to just DIE. He may royally fuck it up for a while but all he's done is lost himself a bit of money, ruined some ppl's lives financially for a while, and created a big shit show for a while. Someone will buy Twitter for 10B and re-hire a bunch of ppl and the shit will keep going....?

Could he literally just shut it down? That would really fuck him up as I understand it financially as he took out 44B in loans and stocks against Tesla, blah, blah, blah.... so eventually he will at least have to SELL the property of Twitter....?

It's a fucking weird time to be alive. 

Social Team · Posted
20 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I'm 100% sure business schools are talking about him right now in how he's handling the company.  You act like Elon is the only idiot to tank a tech company in a short period of time after taking over and making drastic changes to how it's run.  If anything they will point to it as extreme example that everyone knows of from pop culture.  Where many of the examples of fuck ups of smaller companies will be unknow and not as "relatable".  If you think there is nothing to learn from his actions because they are "obvious" then that's cool.  But common sense isn't common.  His horrible mistakes are known by many in the industry to avoid for sure.  But a "dumb" college kid isn't a high up business person with years of experience and knowledge.  Also it'd be fun to point out that college students have more business sense than the wealthiest businessman in the world.