1. 1. Favorite Sega System

• Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
    • Master System
    • Game Gear
    • 32X
    • Sega CD
    • Saturn
    • Dreamcast

Genesis is amazing, but I absolutely adore the Dreamcast. Probably nostalgia goggles, but I remember all the hype leading up to it and for me at least, it totally delivered. I love how a lot of the 3D objects rely on gradients rather than textures leading to a look that is still sharp to this day. And the VGA output compatibility is just icing on the cake! The controller has me a little bit more on the fence as that analog stick can be a little uncomfortable, but there are alternatives to that.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have to go with the Sega CD.  It had a lot of my favorite games on it - including my all time favorite Dark Wizard.  Because of the fairly small catalog it arguebly had the highest ratio of great and very good games of any system.

And I don't care what anyone says - there is nothing (gamewise) that looks as impressive as some shelves of those handsome blue oversize jewel cases lined up togther (for this purpose we will just pretend that that goofy Snatcher case doesn't exist.........)

I never actually owned any Sega systems while they systems were officially active (of course I own all of them now).  The only systems I even played while they were active were the Genesis and Game Gear since I had several friends who owned them.  While I knew of their existence, I never actually knew anyone who owned a Master System, Sega CD, 32x, or Saturn.  And I only knew one single person who owned a Dreamcast.  While I enjoy all of the systems today, the Genesis is the obvious pick for the best one for me.