IGNORED

Decoupling the NES from the Famicom

fcgamer

Just now, fcgamer said:

These are concrete walls we're talking about though 

That was a key missing detail. In that case, You will need a rotohammer, 1/4” or 3/16” masonry bit, and a 1/4” or 3/16” “redhead” or concrete anchor- stud type, or plastic sleeve type. As long as you only go 1” deep or so, I would‘t worry about hitting any electrical.  If you measure in metric, please use a conversion table as I have no idea how many mm that is. 

Still curious how taiwanese houses are wired now though. Romex? 1/2” steel flex? Smurf tube?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:

That was a key missing detail. In that case, You will need a rotohammer, 1/4” or 3/16” masonry bit, and a 1/4” or 3/16” “redhead” or concrete anchor- stud type, or plastic sleeve type. As long as you only go 1” deep or so, I would‘t worry about hitting any electrical.  If you measure in metric, please use a conversion table as I have no idea how many mm that is. 

Still curious how taiwanese houses are wired now though. Romex? 1/2” steel flex? Smurf tube?

I've got no idea, now I'm curious as well.

I'd imagine a lot of workers don't follow code though.

19 minutes ago, phart010 said:

If it not a heavy picture, just use these. They come in different weight ratings up to about 100 lbs. The included nail only goes through the dry wall, doesn’t go much deeper than that. Even if you do bump into a wire, probably nothing bad gonna happen

https://www.homedepot.com/p/OOK-30-lbs-Picture-Hanger-Value-Pack-40-Pack-534281/301942179

CA43F04E-0DB4-4CF1-859F-B98B12F3DCE1.thumb.jpeg.69ea5568e09ae12fdf805c6c877b4d26.jpeg

I've used those quite a bit.

If you're in an earthquake prone area, I recommend the ones with two or even three nails.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, phart010 said:

If it not a heavy picture, just use these. They come in different weight ratings up to about 100 lbs. The included nail only goes through the dry wall, doesn’t go much deeper than that. Even if you do bump into a wire, probably nothing bad gonna happen

https://www.homedepot.com/p/OOK-30-lbs-Picture-Hanger-Value-Pack-40-Pack-534281/301942179

CA43F04E-0DB4-4CF1-859F-B98B12F3DCE1.thumb.jpeg.69ea5568e09ae12fdf805c6c877b4d26.jpeg

edit: side thought… do they even use drywall in Taiwan? I’ve observed in a few Asian countries that they use a lot of cinder blocks and concrete for construction.. I don’t know if these work for concrete walls

Mounting tape, command hooks... there's always options.

• Like 1

NIce to see Blunderful still is in love with me the insufferable c**t, never would have caught that outside of a quotation.  I got removed from that dumpster fire because I didn't play ball with the pandering to the money before games mentality, not bootlicking vga allegeances and other drama.  Ultimately someone edited one of my posts to make a personal attack on someone (who I get along fine with now too) when we both were warned not to say a word to each other as a convenient way to put me out as I never broke the actual rules.  So no, I wasn't an idiot you douchebag.

• Wow! 1

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

NIce to see Blunderful still is in love with me the insufferable c**t, never would have caught that outside of a quotation.  I got removed from that dumpster fire because I didn't play ball with the pandering to the money before games mentality, not bootlicking vga allegeances and other drama.  Ultimately someone edited one of my posts to make a personal attack on someone (who I get along fine with now too) when we both were warned not to say a word to each other as a convenient way to put me out as I never broke the actual rules.  So no, I wasn't an idiot you douchebag.

Fake news, Bro. I got the receipts. 

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

As I said in the other thread you linked to, I am me all the time. I don't put on an act ever. This has been both to my benefit and detriment through my life, but you're always getting me. Ask my boss who hate/loves having me on calls with clients.

Same here.  I can't even be arsed to be me most days, so why would I put the energy into being someone else?  I honestly don't understand people who do that.  And as such, when it comes to forum interactions, who you present yourself to be is exactly who I will consider you to be offline.  And before the obvious strawman comes along, I completely get when someone is playingnan actual character.  James Rolfe is not AVGN in real life, thats a character he plays.  But a conversation on a forum is not role play.  We are here to discuss something we love, not play a role.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Didn't do a thing for me, but I'm glad it made you feel good 🙂

I can't tell if that's coming from the generous, patient, humble, modest, salt-of-the-Earth real life Dave

...or the wicked and treacherous role playing persona known as fcgamer 🥸

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I can't tell if that's coming from the generous, patient, humble, modest, salt-of-the-Earth real life Dave

...or the wicked and treacherous role playing persona known as fcgamer 🥸

The real Dave has a secret stash of Japanese SFC stuff waiting to be played, waiting for recommendations too. But that fcgamer guy, man, total ass at times.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

DIdn't you just say that Tanooki got banned for acting like an idiot? At least that's what the other guy told me.

1)its true, and there used to be physical proof in the NA mod thread.  But NA is dead now, so its irrelevant to his membership here.

2)I didnt say “hey *member* you are an idiot!” which is pretty tame anyways lol. He did call me a cunt and a douchebag though, so its pretty even 😂😂

16 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

1)its true, and there used to be physical proof in the NA mod thread.  But NA is dead now, so its irrelevant to his membership here.

2)I didnt say “hey *member* you are an idiot!” which is pretty tame anyways lol. He did call me a cunt and a douchebag though, so its pretty even 😂😂

Right, but you implied it, same thing, just semantics. 

As for the NA shit, that was just a bogus crock of shit cooked up by the mods anyways.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Right, but you implied it, same thing, just semantics. 

As for the NA shit, that was just a bogus crock of shit cooked up by the mods anyways.

100% not true, His banning was justified. Mountains of proof, that you never saw.  Still doesnt matter though. 

But everyone got a fresh start here so nobody cares what the old mods at NA did anyways. At least I don’t. Maybe some people still do. 

Crazy how “implying” something that actually happened is considered a personal attack, noted. 

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

That does look quite interesting! 

Does Actor fcgamer type the response and then play the game?

Or does benevolent Dave type the response and then play the game?

Or does Actor fcgamer type the response and then benevolent Dave plays the game?

Or does benevolent Dave type the response and then Actor fcgamer plays the game?

Just trying to figure out who's typing and doing what at this point since you're working on a...

WHOLE   'NUTHER   LEVEL!!!!!

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Haha 6