IGNORED

MM Ranking List

DarkTone

• 1 month later...

Here goes:

Mega Man
Great: 2 > 3 > 4
Mediocre: 9 > 5 > 6 > 1
...and that's all of the main series I've played.

Star Wars
Great: 5 > 6 > 4
Decent: Rogue One
Mediocre: 7 > 3
God-awful: 1 > 2 > 8 > 9
Haven't seen Solo. Maybe I should just to rip the band-aid off.

Highlander
Great: 1
God-awful: The Series > 3 > 2 > Endgame > The Animated Series > The Source > Raven
Unless you're a would-be Highlander fan, you have not yet experienced the true pain of disappointment. They really should have just stopped after the first film. Nothing good has come out of Highlander in the four decades since that original, fantastical adventure.

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

Here goes:

Mega Man
Great: 2 > 3 > 4
Mediocre: 9 > 5 > 6 > 1
...and that's all of the main series I've played.

Star Wars
Great: 5 > 6 > 4
Decent: Rogue One
Mediocre: 7 > 3
God-awful: 1 > 2 > 8 > 9
Haven't seen Solo. Maybe I should just to rip the band-aid off.

Highlander
God-awful: The Series > 3 > 2 > Endgame > The Animated Series > The Source > Raven
Unless you're a would-be Highlander fan, you have not yet experienced the true pain of disappointment. They really should have just stopped after the first film. Nothing good has come out of Highlander in the four decades since that original, fantastical adventure.

Tough judge 😛

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

Highlander

I know Highlander 2: The Quickening is bad but I really like it.  Saw it in the theater back in the day.  I'd go with a 6 on the Reed scale.  I watched it in the past year 

2 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I know Highlander 2: The Quickening is bad but I really like it.  Saw it in the theater back in the day.  I'd go with a 6 on the Reed scale.  I watched it in the past year 

It certainly falls in the "so bad it's good" category. I mean, how you can completely and utterly betray the foundation of a franchise in the span of 20 minutes has to be impressive in some sadistic kind of way. I enjoy watching it from time to time for how absolutely bonkers it is.

"This is a Highlander sequel! Of course it should feature an apocalyptic future, galactic rebellion and giant sky laser! I mean, what else would a Highlander movie be about?"

The funniest (read: most terrifying) part is that the franchise actually gets worse from there. Yeah. You read that right. Highlander 2...one of the most infamously, mind-shatteringly incompetent and traitorous sequels in film history actually isn't all that bad compared to something like Highlander: The Source. God, help us!

Edited by Webhead123

The original Highlander is one of the movies that has some cool ideas, but the first movie ends with him winning the contest. There's nowhere to go from there, story-wise. Aso, nice job casting a Scottish man as a Spaniard, and a french dude who talks like a goblin as a Scottish Highlander. They make Keanu's English accent in Dracula look good by comparison.

2 hours ago, G-type said:

The original Highlander is one of the movies that has some cool ideas, but the first movie ends with him winning the contest. There's nowhere to go from there, story-wise. Aso, nice job casting a Scottish man as a Spaniard, and a french dude who talks like a goblin as a Scottish Highlander. They make Keanu's English accent in Dracula look good by comparison.

Yes, you can tell that the original film was written as a self-contained story. As you say (spoiler alert), at the end of the movie, MacLeod kills the Kurgan and claims the Prize, as the last remaining immortal. That's it. Story's over.

As for Sean Connery, if Highlander 2 has it's way, here we've got a case of a Scottsman pretending to be an alien, pretending to be an Egyptian, pretending to be a Spaniard. It's like an onion. So many layers!

Edited by Webhead123