IGNORED

VGS Valentine's Day Contest 2023 [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

Events Team · Posted

1962884209_ValentinesDaySageResizedFinal.png.02594e29342420c9bcb2fb9554f90de3.png

@Aguy @spacepup @Gloves @drxandy @Mega Tank @Splain @nesmaster14 @RegularGuyGamer @Gaia Gensouki @JamesRobot @Jicsan @ZeldaFan042 @darkchylde28 @DefaultGen @RH @Brickman @Red @NESfiend@the_wizard_666@Bearcat-Doug @FireHazard51 @DoctorEncore @SuperJimtendo @Dr. Morbis @mideast @Deadeye @JVOSS @koifish @acromite53 @KokiriChild @Jeevan @G-type @Bonanza125 @Lago @PII @BlackVega @Avgn Gamer @CT @Link

1ST PLACE WINNER
DefaultGen - 237,700

2ND PLACE WINNER
Vaosu  - 229,240

3RD PLACE WINNER
North - 224,890

------------------------

(If any of you would like to be removed from this ping list for future events, please let me know and I'll take your name off the list! Or, likewise, if you'd like to be added to the list, let me know as well! For these events, I ping people who have participated in previous events, and/or people who I think would be generally interested in future events.)

Heya there everyone! It's that time of year, love is in the air...

...and what better way to express love than with a RAP BATTLE?!

1280px-FNF-Logo.svg.png

For this year's Valentine's Day contest, we're going to be playing some Friday Night Funkin'! You'll be partaking in the most epic rap battle you've ever seen, all in the name of love. Who'll come out on top? Well, uh, HOPEFULLY you, haha.
Be careful of the guy you're goin' up against though, something seems... a little off about him...

You can play the game here!

For those of you who haven't played it, here's how it works: Friday Night Funkin' is a pretty simple rhythm game. Your opponent on the left will sing a pattern of notes, represented by arrows, after which you must then mirror that pattern using the arrow keys or the WASD keys (by default, you can change the controls in the Options menu if you'd like.) How you're doing against your opponent is represented by a bar on the bottom of the screen. The greener the bar is, the better you're doing. If you let the bar go completely red by missing too many notes, you lose. Very simple. If you've ever played or seen Dance Dance Revolution, it's basically the same concept. You'll get the hang of it quick!

f4addfdd454eca2fbfbffc02e16cb13b.gif

With that said, the rules for this contest are very simple: Boot up the game, select Free Play in the main menu, then if you've never played, I would recommend starting with the Tutorial, up at the top of the list to get used to how the game works. Once you've gotten the hang of it, or if you're already familiar with the game, go ahead and scroll down the list. Play Senpai, Roses, & Thorns on any difficulty you'd like, which you can switch between using the left and right arrow keys. Keep in mind higher difficulties will yield higher scores if you can manage it! Once you've played and beaten all 3 songs on any difficulty, and gotten the highest scores you can, submit your personal best scores for each song! Your personal bests are displayed in the top right of the Free Play menu whenever you hover over any given song, and select whichever difficulties you've completed the song on!

Prizes will be dealt out to those who end up with the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd highest collective scores across all 3 songs. As per usual, the prizes up for grabs are as follows:

1st Place:  $25 Amazon gift card or cash equivalent
2nd Place:  $20 Amazon gift card or cash equivalent
3rd Place:  $15 Amazon gift card or cash equivalent

The only further stipulations to the contest are as follows:

1. As you would expect, no cheating of any kind is allowed. Anything that would give you any kind of advantage over playing the base game is not allowed. If it feels like cheating, consider it not allowed.
  2. Submit your scores as either 3 separate screenshots of your scores for each individual song, or a short video/gif containing all 3 scores.
  3. When you submit your scores, make sure your VGS username is visible somewhere within view of the photos/screenshots/gif/vid/etc. It could be a slip of paper with your VGS username written down on it, or a text document displaying your VGS username. Use whatever method you like, so long as your username is clearly visible alongside your scores.
  4. Only scores that have been achieved after this contest has started will be accepted. As such, if you've already played the game before, and have already gotten personal best scores on these 3 songs in the past, I'd recommend playing the game in an incognito window so you can play with no prior personal best scores being counted. Or just, y'know, beat your previous personal bests! You can do it, I believe in you!
  5. If you've already submitted scores, and you end up getting better scores, you may of course submit the better scores, and it will simply replace your previous scores.

This event will last from now until 2/20/2023 at 11:59 PM EST, a little over 1 week from now. Once we make it past that deadline, that'll be the cutoff point for new score submissions. I'll tally everyone's final collective scores up, and deal out prizes accordingly!

Good luck, and I hope you all have fun! Remember that there are real prizes on the line here, so try your best!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

(If any of you would like to be removed from this ping list for future events, please let me know and I'll take your name off the list! Or, likewise, if you'd like to be added to the list, let me know as well! For these events, I ping people who have participated in previous events, and/or people who I think would be generally interested in future events.)

@Gloves should make one of them there groups 😉  

• Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
51 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

To be totally honest, I've always preferred the individual ping system anyway for a variety of reasons, but that's just me, haha.

I like not having to rely on the ring leader to remember everyone who wants to be in the loop on events/WW.

• The topic was featured
Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

Improved a bit.

will smith empty room GIF

Hey there's still a whole 6 more days for more people to show up, we've got time!

21 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

My son watches this game all the time on Youtube. My hand would be cramping 30 seconds in.night leg GIF

To be fair, the easy mode in this game is very easy, haha. The hard mode can be pretty intense though for sure, especially with some of the fan-made mods there are which can get absolutely insane.

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm really not very good at this at all.

You never know, might get lucky and get second or third place if nobody else participates. It's happened before!

Events Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

Read 'em and weep...

Compress_20230214_175426_6356.jpg

Compress_20230214_175426_6151.jpg

Compress_20230214_175425_5895.jpg

As always I'm pretty lenient about it so I'll still count it, but don't forget:

"When you submit your scores, make sure your VGS username is visible somewhere within view of the photos/screenshots/gif/vid/etc. It could be a slip of paper with your VGS username written down on it, or a text document displaying your VGS username. Use whatever method you like, so long as your username is clearly visible alongside your scores."

• Like 1