IGNORED

Water Cooler!

a3quit4s

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I did find out the two gamestops near me are doing a midnight release. It’s not information you can find online I guess, I had to go in and ask. It must just be up to each store. Pre-ordered it there and will pick it up at midnight whoop whoop

Gonna pull an all nighter?

• Haha 1

I’m so annoyed right now. I ordered Golden Axe Warrior, CIB, on eBay on April 12. The seller kept making up stories about why it hadn’t been shipped and lied that they had shipped it but it was returned back to them. Finally got it today and the wrong fucking manual is in it. I already had a case open with eBay because I was tired of waiting for shipping and now just more bullshit. 

44 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m so annoyed right now. I ordered Golden Axe Warrior, CIB, on eBay on April 12. The seller kept making up stories about why it hadn’t been shipped and lied that they had shipped it but it was returned back to them. Finally got it today and the wrong fucking manual is in it. I already had a case open with eBay because I was tired of waiting for shipping and now just more bullshit. 

What manny? PAL? I’ve been after a GAW for years now.

12 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

What manny? PAL? I’ve been after a GAW for years now.

I dunno man I’ve been looking on Sega Retro trying to figure out if it’s NTSC or PAL but there is no difference in the cover artwork on the box. I think it’s a NTSC copy based on the board. 

The disaster of a seller is going to look for the manual because I definitely paid for a CIB copy

Edited by a3quit4s

2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I dunno man I’ve been looking on Sega Retro trying to figure out if it’s NTSC or PAL but there is no difference in the cover artwork on the box. I think it’s a NTSC copy based on the board. 

The disaster of a seller is going to look for the manual because I definitely paid for a CIB copy

Can you post a picture of the back of the box?

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I think that’s the PAL version, but that’s just my opinion. Usually the NTSC has a po box address of south San Francisco, California. I may be incorrect, however. I do know that the PAL  versions are region free and will work on an NTSC system.

Yeah no clue, the scan on Sega retro doesn’t have the PO Box address either? Where is it usually located?

https://segaretro.org/Golden_Axe_Warrior

Edit: I dunno I think this PAL - the NTSC ones on eBay seem to have a different UPC in the form of a sticker over the original

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Yeah no clue, the scan on Sega retro doesn’t have the PO Box address either? Where is it usually located?

https://segaretro.org/Golden_Axe_Warrior

Usually at bottom. Cant find a picture now so I may be wrong. 

Here’s a link to an “NTSC” version supposedly that has a UPC sticker, an additional Sega sticker

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185863451664?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Q2atVazpRnq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=NEAZb2fyQx2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:

Usually at bottom. Cant find a picture now so I may be wrong. 

Here’s a link to an “NTSC” version supposedly that has a UPC sticker, an additional Sega sticker

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185863451664?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Q2atVazpRnq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=NEAZb2fyQx2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I saw those too, and edited my post, but someone on here says the US version has battery backup, which mine does. Unsure if true. 

https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?130200-Golden-Axe-Warrior-PAL-or-NTSC

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I saw those too, and edited my post, but someone on here says the US version has battery backup, which mine does. Unsure if true. 

https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?130200-Golden-Axe-Warrior-PAL-or-NTSC

Do you know of a upc scanner? I wonder if that would show any regional difference. The sticker has to mean something. 

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

If you read carefully (it is pretty disjointed) - it looks like they are now talking about Phantasy Star.  And it looks like they are talking about whether it says battery backup as opposed to actually having/not having it.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 6:48 PM, a3quit4s said:

image.jpg

On 4/28/2023 at 6:53 PM, MrWunderful said:

I think that’s the PAL version, but that’s just my opinion. Usually the NTSC has a po box address of south San Francisco, California. I may be incorrect, however. I do know that the PAL  versions are region free and will work on an NTSC system.

@Kobun Heat has you covered. 

This is why VGS really needs a more accessible, collector focused version. A collecting guide for every console should be easily accessible.

• Like 1

If I remember this correctly here's how it goes with the SMS in the US.  As it was failing more stuff was going on in the PAL region that wasn't failing as fast.  The SMS was never made region specific exactly so PAL games work on the US system just fine.  Seeing a need to try and move more product and keep people caring Sega pulled four games from the PAL region and just brought them over as is basically, the one difference, they put this white faced barcode sticker in the rear over the PAL region one I think the underside was this metallic black color to it.  EIther way, there was SONIC, GOLDEN AXE WARRIOR, SPIDER MAN, and STRIDER.  That's it.  Back when I really cared a lot about SMS last to own one and put some effort in I had 3/4 (never liked/wanted Spiderman.)  Strider I had was a PAL box, I had the stupid rare of rares Sonic box and then Golden Axe Warrior too with the stickers.  Not sure if this helps or not, but I do remember that much.

@DoctorEncore @Tanooki

I figured it was the PAL version since the ones with stickers sell for much more. Since the seller didn’t include the correct manual with the game I got $75 back so it only cost me around $200 which was the going rate for a PAL anyways. I don’t care enough to spend the extra cash to get “NTSC” simply because it has a sticker over the UPC lol

Thanks! And thanks to @Kobun Heat for the guide

• Like 1

@a3quit4s I don't blame you, those stickers are toxic even in the roughest of shape going back at least a decade now.  I got shipped from the UK of all places the US copy of Sonic and I paid the UK price average for a complete copy on ebay. They didn't take a rear shot of the thing when I had got it, I was confused at first, and did research and was utterly stunned.  Even taking images and asking about I found out that a pristine like new box with a perfect sticker a decade ago was worth upwards of $1000 for that title.  I had people begging me for it and eventually even as bad as mine was (dead mold and water mildew damage) I had people battling over it to complete their set and well I felt it was insane what I was paid, but at least it was a fair little bit under half which shocked me.  It funded a nice NES cart I couldn't have paid for otherwise so win win. 🙂

New firmware out for pretty much all the new analogue systems. Installed on Mini NT Noir, Super NT, and Mega SG last night. Be curious if it fixes some of the issues I’ve been seeing on the Broke Studios PCBs. 

https://www.analogue.co/support

Get your SD cards ready and happy new firmware! It’s been awhile for the older systems  

• Love 1

The console pair seem to be some solid largely targeted fixes on games or modes that had issues.  The pocket one though, it's largely a shit show.  They added some modes no one asked for, still haven't implemented what was promised nearly 2 years ago now (still on their site), and the controller detection (wired and not) let alone button configuration setup is all still broken or still not enabled at all.  They need to FIX THE DOCK and add the paid for features, it's already tipped into fraud for sales on what you get vs what they sell.

So my local GameStop is doing midnight for Tears of the Kingdom. I preordered the standard edition and you can come by at 3pm and get a number for your spot in line. They actually have extra collections editions so if your GameStop is doing the same midnight number system check and see if you can upgrade to a collectors edition

Edited by a3quit4s