IGNORED

Water Cooler!

a3quit4s

9 minutes ago, RH said:

david tennant hbo GIF by Camping

(Sorry, best gif I could quickly find.)

But, man, no sweat.  In fact, I don't understand the hate for these tools.  Just as others have pointed out, I use to do this manually, and we all know that the point of a 7-day auction, posted Sunday night is so that you can have 6 day, 23 hours and 45 minutes of "free advertising" before all of the real bidders show up at the end to vote.  On the whole, votes rarely trickle in during that middle-period.  If you have a rare item, you might get several bids in 24 hours of when it posts, but the rest, and probably 75-90 percent of them, will trickle in on the last hour.

So, why shouldn't I use a tool?  This doesn't really hurt the seller. In fact, I would say it helps them because when I did do this manually, I know I had several auctions I forgot about and then saw that the item went for less than I was willing to pay!

For the buyers, there's no excuse unless they are just ignorant. I have used Gixen for years and they have a free tier (or at least they did) that was good enough for most buyers. Plus, the cost is $6 a year, which I auto pay, and within the hobby of eBay bidding, it's the best $6 I spend every year.  Anyone can use this service, so being a buyer and complaining that it exists is pointless.  You can still manually bid if that's fun, but you know good and well you have to do it in the last 5 minutes and, preferably, last 10 seconds if you want to be sure you get it--and that might be even bidding against live humans who are waiting.  So why fight a tool that does this for you?  I can now go to bed at 9:30 on Sunday and peacefully wake up at 6:00AM and see if I won that auction that ended at 12:05AM. I'll take that service!

I’m still on the free version but I’m sure I’ll be on the paid version soon since it already would have paid for itself in one win that saved me like $25 from my max bid

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m still on the free version but I’m sure I’ll be on the paid version soon since it already would have paid for itself in one win that saved me like $25 from my max bid

Honestly, I don't think I need to pay for it any more.  I might use it 2-4 times a year.  However, back when I was flush with crypto-cash for the hobby, and I was going for my complete GB set, I used it a lot.  Probably 2-4 a month.  Still, even with 2 auctions a year, if it saves me $6, it's paid for itself.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably old man rant but I wish people would stop using USPS ground advantage to ship me stuff. I get it’s a few bucks cheaper but priority is such a better service. Or I wish there were options on eBay that I could choose and pay a few dollars extra for Priority. Also, people who print shipping labels and sit on them for days on end before going to USPS are the worst.