IGNORED

Game Debate #143: Journey

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

3/10. It's a simple, boring, artsy platformer with an interesting gimmick. Remove the gimmick from the game and it's practically nothing. So the gimmick is that you get to play a boring game with a stranger.

To me, it's a contender for if not the single most overrated game of all time. This game got absolutely bombarded with GOTY awards and 10/10 reviews.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Administrator · Posted
21 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

3/10. It's a simple, boring, artsy platformer with an interesting gimmick. Remove the gimmick from the game and it's practically nothing. So the gimmick is that you get to play a boring game with a stranger.

To me, it's a contender for if not the single most overrated game of all time. This game got absolutely bombarded with GOTY awards and 10/10 reviews.

**BAN: @DefaultGen

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted
On 3/31/2023 at 11:43 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Never seen it, never will, because I'm JamesRobot and I've never played a game that came out after 1988.

I played it!  Suck it Reed! It's still over a decade old though. 😅

I'm a big fan of games as art.  Really enjoyed the way the story was told.  But I think messaging was a little heavy handed especially for how simple it was. 

Unfortunately, the twist was spoiled for me but still a cool feature.  Also splurged for the special edition and briefly played Flower and Flow and enjoyed both.

Overall probably a 7.  It's not an amazing experience or anything but definitely fun and unique.  

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

10 out of 10.

It's quite a unique and memorable game. It's a game that almost feels like it's trying to be a virtual spiritual experience.  It loses a lot though if you aren't able to play it online with an active user base. 

Another one of those titles that regularly comes up in the games as art discussion. 

Edited by Astro Bot