IGNORED

VGS Survivor: Oasis of the Oracles (Season Three) SIGN-UP THREAD!

KokiriChild

Hello, everyone, and WELCOME to the third season of SURVIVOR on VGS - OASIS OF THE ORACLES!

After a year-long hiatus the beloved game of cutthroat strategy, betrayal, and gaming is back for 2023! 

Your strategy is up to you, yourself, and your (optional) alliance! Lie, cheat, steal, and vote out the competition. Plus, this year, there will be extra twists and turns which will push you to the absolute limit of both your social abilities and gameplay skills. Who will become the SOLE SURVIVOR and claim the GRAND PRIZE?

This year, I will be joined once again by my co-host, the one and only @Jeevan SOLE SURVIVOR and WINNER of the first season!

THE PRIZES: 

1. THE SOLE SURVIVOR will win $100 cash (PayPal, or equivalent) along with a one-of-a-kind art poster designed by @CasualCart. This design has been the prize for the previous two seasons, with each poster slightly edited for the new season. This poster will be the only official copy in the world making it a one-of-a-kind prize! We're also keeping the design a secret 🤫 Who will join @ZeldaFreak and @Jeevan in this elite secret poster-having club?
  2. SECOND PLACE (1st Runner Up) will win $50 cash (PayPal, or equivalent)
  3. THIRD PLACE (2nd Runner Up) will win $25 cash (PayPal, or equivilant)

Note that this sign-up thread is simply to determine interest, the game is still a month or two out, and will start in early May.

Surivivor_3_Logo_Version_2.png

FAQs

How many players can play?  

We are limiting the number of players to 18. If there seems to be a lot of demand, it will be on a strictly a first-come, first-serve basis. If you have any interest in playing, I suggest signing up early. If we are already full, or you are unsure if you will be able to commit, you are more than welcome to sign-up as a back-up player if someone needs to drop out. Again, the entry of back-ups into the cast of players is first-come, first-served.

How do you play online Survivor?  

All of the rules will be posted in the main game threads when the game begins - don't worry! The game will follow all of the traditional rules and layout of the game as seen on the popular TV show... complete with alliances, camp life, challenges, hidden immunity idols, and, of course, the dreaded Tribal Council!

Where on the forum will the game be played?  

All majorly relevant threads will be posted in a club specifically used for Survivor. You will need to join it in order to play.

Do I need to know about the Survivor TV show to play?  

The short answer is no, but being familiar will definitely help you. If you have never seen the show, or it has been a very long time, and you want to try it out, two modern seasons that I always recommend to newcomers are Season 28 - Survivor: Cagayan, and Season 37 - Survivor: David v. Goliath

How long will the game last? 

The start date for the season is TBD, but will likely be the start of May! The game takes just under a month and a half to play. That means the game will continue until early-to-mid-June. Please keep this in mind when signing up.

About the challenges... 

Yes, the challenges for Reward and Immunity will consist of a variety of video games, puzzles, riddles, and a whole secret surprise mixed bag o' fun! And yes, as long as save states/cheats are not used, emulators are allowed (we will pretty much be following the same rules as the "Can VGS Beat..." and Weekly Contest threads.)

Note that if you have played in past seasons, we are focusing heavily on lowering the necessary time commitment by doing less high score challenges and adding more variety!

Is there actually a prize for winning?  

YES! It's not quite a million dollars but there will be a grand prize for the winner, as well as prizes for the 2nd and 3rd place finalists.

Sign-Ups

1. Gloves
2. Brickman
3. AVGN Gamer
4. Murray
5. G-Type
6. BlackVega
7. OptOut
8. RH
9. MagusSmurf
10. WalterWhiteJr
11. Jmbarnes101
12. FireHazard51

Back-Ups

1. PuppyWaffles 

Edited by KokiriChild
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• The title was changed to VGS Survivor: Oasis of the Oracles (Season Three) SIGN-UP THREAD!

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

Please note there are going to be very few traditional high score challenges for that very reason. Jeevan and I are working to drastically change the challenge structure to more creative challenges like the annual art challenge to make the time commitment significantly less.

Cool.  Let me contemplate.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I saw it.  And I'd really like to since it's so much fun.  But it's hard knowing you can only dedicate like 30-60 minutes to a game while @ZeldaFreak is pulling all-nighters with everything 😆

Well you'll be pleased to hear I don't particularly want to do that much severe damage to my health ever again, haha.

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, KokiriChild said:

Oh yeah sign me up, I am ready for round 2

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Why am I actually considering this?  She already hates the Werewolf and only grudgingly accepts that I’m going to keep playing 😆.  This could end badly for me. 

I‘ll let you know 😉 

Theoretically........This should be a lot less stressful than previous years due to all the score breaking etc.  Not as many score challenges that should help out.  Just letting you know in case you missed Kokiri's post to Reed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I saw it.  And I'd really like to since it's so much fun.  But it's hard knowing you can only dedicate like 30-60 minutes to a game while @ZeldaFreak is pulling all-nighters with everything 😆

I've made it into the top 5 twice... despite not knowing how to hold a N64 controller. (I only have 2 hands!)

• Like 1