• Seen it... *meh*
    • Seen it, didn't like it
    • Seen it, hated it
    • Never seen it, gonna
    • Never seen it, not gonna

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

Lol, ok ZeldaFreak. 😄

image.png Sure, I can give you a ZeldaFreak style explanation of how the visuals in the film relate to the music, no problem!

Daft Punk's "Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem" is a 2003 animated film created in collaboration with Japanese anime director Leiji Matsumoto. The movie is essentially a visual representation of Daft Punk's second studio album, "Discovery," with each of the album's 14 tracks being turned into its own music video that tells a continuous story.

One of the most striking aspects of the movie is how well the music matches the visuals. In fact, the music and visuals were created together from the ground up, with the music being composed specifically for the movie and the visuals being designed to match the music.

The reason why the music matches the visuals so well is that the two were created in tandem, with each element being influenced by the other. Daft Punk and Matsumoto worked closely together to create a cohesive and immersive experience that seamlessly blends the music and visuals into a single work of art.

The music in "Interstella 5555" is a combination of electronic, funk, and disco sounds, with each track having its own unique flavor and style. The visuals, on the other hand, are a combination of retro anime-style animation and futuristic sci-fi elements, with each scene having its own distinct look and feel.

The music and visuals work together to create a powerful emotional experience that draws the viewer into the world of the movie. The music sets the tone and mood for each scene, while the visuals bring the story and characters to life.

For example, in the opening scene of the movie, the track "One More Time" plays as the alien band The Crescendolls performs on their home planet. The upbeat and catchy music perfectly captures the joy and energy of the scene, while the colorful and vibrant visuals create a sense of wonder and excitement.

In contrast, the track "Something About Us" plays during a more introspective scene where the character Stella reflects on her past experiences with her love interest Shep. The slow and melancholic music perfectly captures the bittersweet emotions of the scene, while the soft and muted visuals create a sense of intimacy and nostalgia.

Overall, the music in "Interstella 5555" matches the visuals so well because they were created together in a collaborative process that allowed the two elements to influence and complement each other. The result is a stunning work of art that seamlessly blends music and animation into a single, immersive experience.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brickman said:

I actually really like the idea of an AI generating the theme and flavour.

Dude, I asked ChatGPT to give the rules of Werewolf, and they were perfect.  I asked for 18 balanced roles for a game setup, it worked well.  I then asked for a theme and it hiccuped and gave a story.  I told it that it gave a story explaining (basically) the results of a game, and it then gave me a medieval theme for werewolf.  Last, I asked it to do it again but for Star Trek: The Next Generation and it actually outlined a decent game theme, referencing most of the PT roles it outlined.

It’s not perfect but it sure did do a good job fleshing out the bones to a decent setup.

With a little effort, I bet someone could get it to generate a game, a balanced sheet of role cards, a fair theme and even the events if fed the results from each day or night.  I doubt. It can back track and map historical occurrences as you mention them because there was a bit of cross-talk and illogical conclusions from piecing together parts of it’s own conversation, but a GM could easily correct those errors.

• Wow! 1

Actually, OMG, I will have to post screenshots tomorrow when I get back to my PC, but in the same chat, I asked for a ChatGPT/AI themed Werewolf.

The thing suggested one and guess who the wolves are—humans and they want to shut down the AI! 😆

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RH said:

Actually, OMG, I will have to post screenshots tomorrow when I get back to my PC, but in the same chat, I asked for a ChatGPT/AI themed Werewolf.

The thing suggested one and guess who the wolves are—humans and they want to shut down the AI! 😆

This has to be our next WW game! 🤣

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

@Link care to share the hate for DP? Not judging, just curious your actual thoughts on em. 

Mainly it's the auto-tune and very repetitive lyrics. So grating, I can't even get past that to give the instrumentation a chance. 

6 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Link isn't allowed to like disco.

True. But also, counterpoint: My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult

• Love 1

On 5/3/2023 at 10:14 PM, RH said:

Ok, forgive me.  I made this at late night for me and was skimming my phone.  They theme is more AI Bots vs. AI Bots, however theme description does mention AI vs. AI and their human creators.  The theme description is also a bit vague in a way where you can't tell what's good or bad.  It also integrates roles into the description that were roles listed as part of a balanced set of players/roles, which is why some aren't familiar to us who play around here.  Here's a screen cap of my question and  response:

image.thumb.png.2380cfd8e0c4ee644b1e3c88966520a1.png

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Link said:

Mainly it's the auto-tune and very repetitive lyrics. So grating, I can't even get past that to give the instrumentation a chance. 

It's not auto tune, it's a vocoder...

That Julian Casablanca song being the exception (I think, it sounds like it anyway)

5 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Certainly groovy.  But more a 60s/70s informed industrial band imo.  

Daft Punk isn't exactly pure disco either 🤷‍♀️ 

5 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Just saw they are touring.  They're in Denver in a couple weeks.

Yeah they'll be here in November, already got my ticket! 😁

25 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Link and doner are grandpas, confirmed. 😛

Nah just  different  better taste. Not judging or anything. 
*says "one more time" literally forty-nine times in 5 minutes* 

44 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It's not auto tune, it's a vocoder...

If you say so. Sounds more like Keef than Herbie Hancock to me.

7 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

My personal favorite Daft Punk song is actually an instrumental

There's extremely little in the way of progression here. I can see this track being relaxing for some people. Not me (and "relaxing" has never struck me as their main appeal). Thanks for trying though. 

Administrator · Posted

I'm actually a bit surprised at all the Daft Punk hate, but to each their own of course.

I loved this - at the time it was just so... idk, different.  And interesting.  I liked the animation / story, and I felt the music really molded well with it.

It was interesting experiment and something unique, and I thought it was fun to watch and listen to.  It has been a few years since I've seen it, but I'd definitely watch again.