IGNORED

Name the game!

10 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

I'm totally stymied. That salmon color is classic TMS9918 stuff you get from the ColecoVision, SG-1000, CreatiVision, MSX, etc., but I can't at all pin down the game.

I'm sure MSX just by itself has a huge amount of obscure titles so it could be anything.

33 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I'm sure MSX just by itself has a huge amount of obscure titles so it could be anything.

Not if it has "-vision" in the name. I thought about the SG-1000 clone, the Othello Multivision, which has a handful of exclusive (though SG-1000 compatible) games. Pop Flamer involves drinking, but I can't see that screenshot fragment in any of the playfields.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

Not if it has "-vision" in the name. I thought about the SG-1000 clone, the Othello Multivision, which has a handful of exclusive (though SG-1000 compatible) games. Pop Flamer involves drinking, but I can't see that screenshot fragment in any of the playfields.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I didn't see that clue. Thanks.

27 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I know it, but I kinda cheated because I went looking at games I had never played in the libraries of the most likely consoles until I found it.  Is that cheating?

It's fair play as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, wongojack said:

Ok, this might be too easy.  At least, I expect almost everyone to guess the system right away.

image.png.473443931173e6fbb0650b44c90b80e1.png

I'm staging this so that someone will definitely 100% get it on or before the 3rd reveal (at least I think they will).

I can't think of it off the top of my head, but I know I've seen that.  I've definitely played this game for sure.

• Like 1

There are spikes in at least one Battletoads game for the GB, but they aren't on the floor.

Man, I've skimmed every GB game title, and I can't figure this out. I also skimmed over a lot of longplays and still nothing's familiar and, yet, that ground spike seems super-familiar!

• Like 1