IGNORED

Name the game!

Events Team · Posted

I haven't had a machine to play this natively since the era.  Gotta be emulated (probably for most of us).

On 9/11/2023 at 12:35 AM, Sumez said:

Mega Man 2

Same era.  Would have been released the same year as Rockman 2. (MM2 is probably the next year.)

I'll reveal more of the screen later tonight when I have a little time.

Events Team · Posted
16 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I am playing this right now and am currently stuck.

I figured out what to do.  I had the right idea but syntax is a big thing with this game.  If that doesn't give you enough of a clue, my next screenshot should hopefully do the trick for anyone familiar with this game.

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Sumez said:

That palette looks very NES. Art style looks American.

Def American.  Def not NES.

On 9/12/2023 at 6:33 PM, JamesRobot said:

I haven't had a machine to play this natively since the era.  Gotta be emulated (probably for most of us).

Events Team · Posted
4 hours ago, G-type said:

I never made it past the boat either. All the time limits made it too difficult.

15 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I figured out what to do.  I had the right idea but syntax is a big thing with this game.  If that doesn't give you enough of a clue, my next screenshot should hopefully do the trick for anyone familiar with this game.

I'm past the Boat and off the resort island.  I got stuck on the island because you have to dress up as a a lady in a bikini to sneak past the KGB which involves stuffing your bikini top with the wad of dough.  

As you are aware, the game is command based, so syntax and language are fairly restrictive.  I used a couple commands along the lines of, "stuff top with money," which results in a response of, "Nah, you better not."  Leaving you thinking that you have the right idea but you're using the wrong inventory item.  

I eventually realized I had the the wrong phrasing.  "Put money in bikini top," worked but you also have to be off screen to accommodate Larry's "modesty." 

It's all fairly obtuse.  Larry 1 received an early "remaster," that turned the game into a point and click, eliminating the command element of tha game.  It was quite a bit more accessible but ruined a lot of the "logic" fun IMO.  Larry 2 and 3 never got the same treatment as far as I'm aware.

50 minutes ago, srbossman79 said:

Virtual Bart?

That's it!  Well, I thought it might be a bit tougher considering this crowd couldn't figure out Leisure Suite Larry and I only got it by googling Sierra games.  Regardless, yes.  It's Virtual Bart.  I played this game a TON with my cousin.  We especially loved the throwing tomatoes level.

image.png.9f10d19b1ce5c1f159705e0690253815.png

• Like 1

That's funny.  My cousin had this on Super Nintendo and that's how I played it as well.  The tomato level is probably the most fun of all the games in the collection.  My least favorite was the baby Bart level.  This is one of the better Simpson's games out there and it continues the tradition of being d&@* near impossible.