Huh.

Anyway,

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, G-type said:

Red Dead Redemption

8d880372f01c6489d3c6bbca8d30a295.gif

2 hours ago, spacepup said:

Echoes of Zelda: Majora's Tears of the Wild

OK I'll at least give you guys this; it's not a Zelda game, haha. That would be too obvious.

4 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

graphics looks too crappy for it, but Hell Divers?

wqde2fn05vkc1.gif

Correct!

20240624104136_1.jpg.1c9ec9c686a6492206e311852bc1ed60.jpg

This was a screenshot I took the other day after just barely completing a mission solo, but not having anywhere near enough time to extract, so I was left to die alone on this automaton-infested planet. I did my part!

Also, I use a mix of high to medium (and some low) settings to keep a stable, but consistently high framerate at 1440p, which is why the game doesn't look as good as it would if you crank everything up to max:

5783cc9d01ea21dcc28fc230259e81d0.png.53fe9080e76800515c7bcbb13caa784e.png

Very fun game if any of y'all haven't played it, would highly highly recommend it. Basically Starship Troopers: The Game in everything but name (or, a bit more Terminator-esque when you're fighting the Automatons. Either way, equally as fun.)

5 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

wqde2fn05vkc1.gif

Correct!

20240624104136_1.jpg.1c9ec9c686a6492206e311852bc1ed60.jpg

This was a screenshot I took the other day after just barely completing a mission solo, but not having anywhere near enough time to extract, so I was left to die alone on this automaton-infested planet. I did my part!

Also, I use a mix of high to medium (and some low) settings to keep a stable, but consistently high framerate at 1440p, which is why the game doesn't look as good as it would if you crank everything up to max:

5783cc9d01ea21dcc28fc230259e81d0.png.53fe9080e76800515c7bcbb13caa784e.png

Very fun game if any of y'all haven't played it, would highly highly recommend it. Basically Starship Troopers: The Game in everything but name (or, a bit more Terminator-esque when you're fighting the Automatons. Either way, equally as fun.)

Seen some streamers playing this a little while ago. I was thinking Destiny, but that was a no, so I figured another big name and Hell Divers came to mind. I don't know what the heck the game is, but there has always been massive shooting and running when I catch some gameplay. Something about spreading democracy too lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mega Tank said:

Something about spreading democracy too lol

Like I said, Starship Troopers in everything but name, including the indoctrination righteous spread of managed democracy!

Like I said, very fun and VERY chaotic, Plus several different difficulty levels to choose from so you can play at whatever level you find to be most comfortable.

15 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm sure the lack of stuff was a skill issue, but I did think "hey this looks kinda like that 3D software I used forever ago" when I saw the image.

Just to explain the connection, even if it's probably super obvious - it's because instead of using a full 3D polygon mesh to create landscapes, it's a lot easier - for resource intensive video games especially, to use a height map to define something that looks like ground, hills, valleys, etc. And that's what Bryce3D is based on as well.

But of course, the limitations of that method also gives it a very distinct look, that's super easily identifiable if the landscape isn't covered with "stuff".

12 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

So a AAA Earth Defense Force, eh?  I'm interested.

amJpExr.gif

2 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

So a AAA Earth Defense Force, eh?  I'm interested.

amJpExr.gif

Never heard of it before but from what I'm seeing here it does look surprisingly similar, yeah.

Also one of the few games I can think of where it's actually more chaotic in the actual game than what you see in the trailers. It devolves in to complete chaos on a regular basis and it's a blast.