IGNORED

2023 MLB Thread

Bearcat-Doug

On 5/26/2023 at 4:42 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

E92nd3iVEAAfM5D.jpg

The Reds may be bad, but being the worst team in baseball that's probably moving to Las Vegas in the next few seasons is way worse. I guess if you follow the A's from Montana, the team moving might not be an issue and if anything it may motivate them to try and be competitive.

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Reds may be bad, but being the worst team in baseball that's probably moving to Las Vegas in the next few seasons is way worse. I guess if you follow the A's from Montana, the team moving might not be an issue and if anything it may motivate them to try and be competitive.

Worst team in the last 120+ years of baseball*

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They have 9 World Series titles. Maybe none in the last 34 years, but that's still better than Cleveland or the Cubs.

Oh, there's no doubt that they're a storied franchise that has kicked ass and deserves better.  But what ownership has done in the last decade is pretty deplorable.

And Cubs fans don't get to complain.  Winning a title = moratorium on complaining for at least 20 years.

44 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Popping in to say I was enjoying watching Boston quietly put together a decent year where they could still make a run at the wildcard. Now I am quietly pretending this year never happened and when do we give up on the Bloom experiment.

There used to be some Houston fans that would post in the MLB threads, but they haven't showed up this season. @NESfiend is a Cardinals fan, but I have a feeling that he doesn't want to talk about how they're doing.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

14 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

There used to be some Houston fans that would post in the MLB threads, but they haven't showed up this season. @NESfiend is a Cardinals fan, but I have a feeling that he doesn't want to talk about how they're doing.

Was this thread created to kick me while I am down? Mo needs to be fired 3 years ago. Strange as it may sound, I am also a tigers fan. Despite not being super relevant, they have been better than expected and show some promise for the future.  About the only positive I can think of this season. 

Edited by NESfiend

9 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Was this thread created to kick me while I am down? Mo needs to be fired 3 years ago. Strange as it may sound, I am also a tigers fan. Despite not being super relevant, they have been better than expected and show some promise for the future.  About the only positive I can think of this season. 

I make a MLB thread every year, but it usually turns into a support group for fans of losing teams. The Reds are hanging in there and they've brought up several of their best prospects already to get MLB experience, so at least next season could be interesting.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

On 5/28/2023 at 11:16 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

Oh, there's no doubt that they're a storied franchise that has kicked ass and deserves better.  But what ownership has done in the last decade is pretty deplorable.

And Cubs fans don't get to complain.  Winning a title = moratorium on complaining for at least 20 years.

You think the Cubs had it bad?  The Phillies had to wait 97 years (and only two NL Championships before that) just to get their FIRST World Series Championship!

@Bearcat-Doug a guy at work gave me a huge tote of opened packs of cards. He said he used to work at the dump and someone trashed them. He said his son opened all the packs pulled what he wanted and put the others back in (and that his son “really didn’t know what he was looking at”). Well I been going through them little by little and honest had given up finding anything. My one year old son pulled this pack out of the tote a few days ago and it’s been getting tossed around the living room. Tonight I decide to look through it and well….. it’s no 10 but I bet it’s a 50 dollar card.

IMG_5314.jpeg

Edited by docile tapeworm

On 6/14/2023 at 12:14 PM, docile tapeworm said:

Marlins looking solid so far. That new prospect is really showing promise. Just glad they are competitive.

The Reds actually have a winning record and are only 0.5 games out of first place. The Central divisions in both leagues are terrible, but for the Reds to go from losing 100 games last season to division winners without any real effort outside of promoting their top minor leaguers would be pretty wild.