IGNORED

Special Movie Debate: Christopher Nolan

Reed Rothchild

Christopher Nolan  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of his movies have you seen?

• Following (1998)
    • Memento (2000)
    • Insomnia (2002)
    • Batman Begins (2005)
    • The Prestige (2006)
    • The Dark Knight (2008)
    • Inception (2010)
    • The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
    • Interstellar (2014)
    • Dunkirk (2017)
    • Tenet (2020)
    • Oppenheimer (2023)
  2. 2. What's his best movie?

• Following (1998)
    • Memento (2000)
    • Insomnia (2002)
    • Batman Begins (2005)
    • The Prestige (2006)
    • The Dark Knight (2008)
    • Inception (2010)
    • The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
    • Interstellar (2014)
    • Dunkirk (2017)
    • Tenet (2020)
    • Oppenheimer (2023)

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@ZeldaFreak I'm amazed you haven't seen Memento or The Prestige

Yeah, I will definitely see all of his movies at some point and I'm sure I'll love those too. Probably a good part of the reason I haven't seen those is keep in mind I'm very young, 21 (22 this month) so those movies had either come out before I was born, or when I was way too young to see them. The earliest of Nolan's stuff I remember is the craze around The Dark Knight around the time that first came out, but I didn't actually sit down and watch them until years later.

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I'm surprised anyone would consider themselves such a big Nolan fan without having watched his two best movies 😅

I mean I can't have seen every good movie out there, haha. Still plenty of stuff left for me to explore, and I'm sure those are both very good as well, and I definitely will watch them at some point.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Sidenote, (Very very very minor spoilers for Oppenheimer) I also noticed this and thought it was pretty funny:

Reveal hidden contents

7c013b080ae9952e10cc9ac8dc9299b9.png

That would be pretty interesting. I’d like to see him do Roosevelt, I don’t know much about him but he sounds like he was a very interesting president.

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Brickman said:

That would be pretty interesting. I’d like to see him do Roosevelt, I don’t know much about him but he sounds like he was a very interesting president.

Yeah, I mean those two played it off as a joke, and it is funny, but... honestly?

I would legitimately be pretty down for that concept, hahaha.

Editorials Team · Posted
13 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, I will definitely see all of his movies at some point and I'm sure I'll love those too. Probably a good part of the reason I haven't seen those is keep in mind I'm very young, 21 (22 this month) so those movies had either come out before I was born, or when I was way too young to see them. The earliest of Nolan's stuff I remember is the craze around The Dark Knight around the time that first came out, but I didn't actually sit down and watch them until years later.

I'll be bumping this thread every week hassling you until you watch them 😆

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
On 7/31/2023 at 3:32 PM, doner24 said:

My list from what I’ve seen, 4-8 could pretty much be rearranged in any order. 

1. Memento 

2. The Prestige

3. Batman Begins

4. Dark Knight

5. Interstellar

6. Insomnia

7. Inception

8. Dunkirk

9. Following

10. Dark Knight Rise

NR Tenet and Oppenheimer 

Here's mine:

1. The Prestige
  2. Inception
  3. Batman Begins
  4. Memento
  5. The Dark Knight
  6. Dunkirk
  7. Interstellar
  8. The Dark Knight Rises
  9. Following
  10. Insomnia

Insomnia is a fine movie, but his version never needed to exist.  Following is fine, but hardly essential.  I plan on grabbing Tenet from the library tonight.  I've put it off because everyone seems to hate it.

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I plan on grabbing Tenet from the library tonight.  I've put it off because everyone seems to hate it.

hand-up-raise-hand.gif

Me and my friend I watched it with both equally really liked it, haha. It kind of has a similar thing to Inception where everyone says it's incredibly confusing and hard to follow, but then just like Inception, me and my friend watched it and... neither of us had any trouble following what was going on, so... yeah I dunno, come to your own conclusions on it. Personally I very much enjoyed it.

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

hand-up-raise-hand.gif

Me and my friend I watched it with both equally really liked it, haha. It kind of has a similar thing to Inception where everyone says it's incredibly confusing and hard to follow, but then just like Inception, me and my friend watched it and... neither of us had any trouble following what was going on, so... yeah I dunno, come to your own conclusions on it. Personally I very much enjoyed it.

I watched Inception in the theater.  The first thing my buddy said afterwards was "that was a bit much.". He hated it.

We also went to Prometheus and Fury Road.  He won't go to movies with me anymore 😅

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I watched Inception in the theater.  The first thing my buddy said afterwards was "that was a bit much.". He hated it.

We also went to Prometheus and Fury Road.  He won't go to movies with me anymore 😅

I will at least give people credit in that Tenet is definitely MORE complex than Inception for sure. I was expecting to be so confused going in to Inception, but then it turned out, at least in my personal experience, to be dead simple to follow and I was just like "...What about this is confusing? Like, seriously? It really isn't THAT complex, like at all." Also happens to by my personal #2 spot in the ranking of Nolan's movies at the moment, since for a long while it was my personal favorite movie of all time.

Events Team · Posted

Just saw Oppenheimer today.  Truly a masterpiece of American propaganda and probably Nolan's best movie.  Might have to watch The Prestige again soon though.

Really enjoyed the tension, and the pacing well conveyed the sense of urgency in the race to the bomb.  Didn't feel like a 3 hour movie.  Probably give it a 9 overall.