IGNORED

2024 USA Presidential Election

For Whom The Vote Tolls  

36 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to vote for President of the USA, whom would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Donald Trump
    • Ron DeSantis
    • Doug Burgum
    • Chris Christie
    • Larry Elder
    • Nikki Haley
    • Will Hurd
    • Asa Hutchinson
    • Perry Johnson
    • Mike Pence
    • Vivek Ramaswamy
    • Tim Scott
    • Francis Suarez
    • OTHER -- Democrat
    • OTHER -- Republican
    • OTHER -- Independent

He's also a wife-beater, has several divorces, couldn't come up with a single bible verse during an interview, admitted to walking into the changing room of underage women "accidently", and told other men they should grab women by the genitals because they're rich/famous and can get away with it.

Political policies aside, how can you say this guy is appealing but "the other guy" isn't appealing because he fumbles his words?

I guess you could say that you support more isolationist policies and "small government" or whatever you think the R stands for, but you're still being complicit in hiring the guy described above to represent you. I'm sorry but that's reprehensible, mental/moral gymnastics aside.

"Is it because the other candidate is a few years older?"

""the other guy" isn't appealing because he fumbles his words?"

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that these two statements are representative of how a lot of the Trump supporters downplay the reality of some things that Trump has done/said. Biden isn't simply a few years older and fumbles some words. Dude is on the cusp of dementia or some serious cognitive decline, has constant gaffs, and needs to be replaced with another candidate. Like him or not, Trump is leagues better at speaking coherently and getting a message across at this point. 

You also have to think about the day to day life of the average person: Gas is higher, groceries are higher, mortgage rates and home prices are higher, there's active wars, the issues at the border, etc. etc. Regardless of if these are actually directly controlled by Biden and his Administration, these have an effect and people will look to the top to pin the blame. Nobody cares that inflation is on its way down if it's still higher than 2016-2019 or that the stock market is closing at record highs (mine recently just caught up to all the losses over the last few years FWIW) if their day to day seems shittier than during Trump's tenure. Like what percentage of voters actually read policies and watch C-SPAN and shit? You also have stuff like the hush money trial that really backfired for the Democrats IMO. The "convicted felon" label carries little to no weight. Both sides are dug in eyeballs deep at this point so it'll be an interesting election and subsequent 4 years. 

Edited by Silent Hill

5 hours ago, Khromak said:

You can also...run away? Or overpower them with your superior muscles. I mean, I can't, but someone could.

That's kind of the point of my knives vs guns point: you don't need a gun to stop someone with a knife. You can stop them with a log, or a bat, or your fists, legs, a pipe, etc. Good luck trying to take down a shooter with a rifle and 2 handguns with a baseball bat.

Also: the second you get shot in your face, you're done. If you get stabbed, there's a very high chance you can continue to fight (and maybe survive).

They're not really comparable. There's a reason we don't use knives as our primary weapons of war.

I certainly agree, your chances of taking down a shooter with a baseball bat is not nearly as good as trying to take down someone with a knife. But a few things, first if you can run chances are someone with a gun will be unable to hit you. It's surprisingly challenging to hit moving targets. Also, as someone that has not been either shot nor stabbed in the face, I'm going to say that one good stab and you're probably done too. Again, you do indeed have a better chance of surviving a stabbing than a shooting, but I would never underestimate a knife.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Khromak said:

You can also...run away? Or overpower them with your superior muscles. I mean, I can't, but someone could.

On a crowded train or market? There's nowhere to go, and the reality is by the time enough people realize what's going on, several people have already been stabbed.

3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

On a crowded train or market? There's nowhere to go, and the reality is by the time enough people realize what's going on, several people have already been stabbed.

Sure, but a whole hell of a lot more people would be shot. I'm not saying a knife can't kill people, I'm just saying a gun would be more lethal in...basically every scenario.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that these two statements are representative of how a lot of the Trump supporters downplay the reality of some things that Trump has done/said. Biden isn't simply a few years older and fumbles some words. Dude is on the cusp of dementia or some serious cognitive decline, has constant gaffs, and needs to be replaced with another candidate. Like him or not, Trump is leagues better at speaking coherently and getting a message across at this point. 

I do agree that Biden supporters sometimes downplay just how feeble he is (although not as much in recent weeks). Trump certainly seems less impaired than Biden when comparing them side by side, but that is a really really low bar. Everyone talks about how disastrous Biden's debate performance was (and it really was), but it doesn't get talked about enough that Trump was really bad too. If he had been up against anyone good, they would have wiped the floor with him. "We had H20." is a pretty embarrassing line, it just pales in comparison to "We finally beat Medicare." Trump is also showing signs of cognitive decline, even compared to four years ago, and makes plenty of his own gaffs. Neither of them is mentally fit. Trump is unfit for a variety of other reasons too.

I probably just won't vote, to be honest, unless they replace Biden.

Y'all are assuming the average American citizen is voting based on policy. The informed Democrat, and the informed Republican will always play team sports, but the Presidency is always chosen by uninformed swing voters.

The average swing voter votes on optics.

Current Optics?

Biden:

• Rapid mental aging
  • Weak
  • Timid
  • Uncharismatic
  • Low stage presense
  • Won't speak from his bedside with a virus no one cares about anymore, making him look even weaker. (not my opinion, just the optics)
  • The "Dark Brandon" phase demonstrates how the white house has been lying to the American people.

Trump

• Can still speak his mind
  • Strong
  • Bold
  • Charismatic
  • High stage presense
  • Got shot, and went on stage making him look stronger.

So, with those optics how do you defeat Trump? Well, like Biden, Trump 2024 isn't Trump 2020/2016. You need to DEMONSTRATE how he's also a weak old man too.

How? Put someone on stage who actually DOES have charisma, youth, intelligence, and all of their mental facilities on their side.

Just, stop throwing stones in a glass house.

Screenshot-from-2024-07-21-14-31-23.png

An election to remember! Kudos to President Biden for making the right decision. I think this will cement his legacy as a genuine American President who did what was best for the country! Now, let's see who Harris chooses as her running mate, and hopefully we can salvage this election 🇺🇸

19 minutes ago, G-type said:

She still has to win the nomination at the convention which is still up in the air

I imagine at this point it's just going through the motions. I think the real question right now is who is going to be her running mate.

Damn it, he endorsed Kamala.

I SAID THE LEFT NEEDS SOMEONE WITH CHARISMA AND INTELLIGENCE....Well, at least she has youth going for her. Just a mere 59 years old! Practically an infant compared to the alternatives.

• Eyeroll 1

Replace Biden? Some Republicans say that's illegal and plan to file lawsuits to stop it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/replace-biden-some-republicans-say-thats-illegal-and-plan-to-file-lawsuits-to-stop-it-195047059.html

The Heritage Foundation, one of the conservative groups that crafted Project 2025, the blueprint that would restructure government agencies and dismantle environmental regulations should Republicans retake control of the White House, drafted a memo in June that asserted that the laws in some states do not allow for removing a candidate from ballots for reasons other than death.

Mike Howell, the executive director of the Heritage Foundation’s Oversight Project, told Newsweek that the group has set aside millions of dollars for the coming legal fights.

There’s a simple reason most legal experts believe that the Republican lawsuits have little chance of success: Biden has not yet received his party’s presidential nomination.

During the Democratic primary, Biden earned roughly 99% of his party’s pledged delegates thanks, in part, to the fact that he didn’t face any serious opposition. While those delegates had pledged to vote for Biden at the Democratic convention, they were not legally required to do so under party rules and are unlikely to do so now that Biden has dropped out of the race.

But you know, the Republicans are shitting themselves now that they realize Trump is in trouble, and so they'll try and circumvent due democratic processes in order to make their king president again.

6 hours ago, avatar! said:

Replace Biden? Some Republicans say that's illegal and plan to file lawsuits to stop it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/replace-biden-some-republicans-say-thats-illegal-and-plan-to-file-lawsuits-to-stop-it-195047059.html

The Heritage Foundation, one of the conservative groups that crafted Project 2025, the blueprint that would restructure government agencies and dismantle environmental regulations should Republicans retake control of the White House, drafted a memo in June that asserted that the laws in some states do not allow for removing a candidate from ballots for reasons other than death.

Mike Howell, the executive director of the Heritage Foundation’s Oversight Project, told Newsweek that the group has set aside millions of dollars for the coming legal fights.

There’s a simple reason most legal experts believe that the Republican lawsuits have little chance of success: Biden has not yet received his party’s presidential nomination.

During the Democratic primary, Biden earned roughly 99% of his party’s pledged delegates thanks, in part, to the fact that he didn’t face any serious opposition. While those delegates had pledged to vote for Biden at the Democratic convention, they were not legally required to do so under party rules and are unlikely to do so now that Biden has dropped out of the race.

But you know, the Republicans are shitting themselves now that they realize Trump is in trouble, and so they'll try and circumvent due democratic processes in order to make their king president again.

Let's leave this with the fringe group because this is the first of I've heard of something like that. Most things I've been seeing since Biden dropped out are "I told you so's" and optimism in taking on any D nominee, especially Harris. 

7 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

The Democratic voters clearly spoke in the primaries. Joe Biden blew out his opponents No Preference, Uncommitted, and Noncomitted Delegate. Truly it was the embodiment of democracy.

It was as democratic as the RNC. And for the record, Biden won 99% of the pledged delegates in the primaries and caucuses. So yeah, you're right, he did "blow out his opponents" 🙂

Editorials Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I wonder what the next episode will bring 🙂

A president pardoning his own felonies?  What a time to be alive.  God speed other countries, because our train's going somewhere at very high speeds

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I gotta admit, this season has been great entertainment. I wonder what the next episode will bring 🙂

I just wish it wasn't real life...

It’s Michelle Obama with a steel chair! Obamamania is running wild in the DNC, JR!

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

It’s Michelle Obama with a steel chair! Obamamania is running wild in the DNC, JR!

Elizabit! Elizabit! 

Willll yoouuu marry meeeeee? 

Ohhhh... Yeaahhhh. 

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

A president pardoning his own felonies?  What a time to be alive.  God speed other countries, because our train's going somewhere at very high speeds

No thanks. Just make those tracks do a loop around the US.

/Signed the rest of the world.

22 minutes ago, Brickman said:

No thanks. Just make those tracks do a loop around the US.

/Signed the rest of the world.

Oh, you're coming with us, like it or not.

We're the fat man pushed off the cliff, and the rest of you are the skinny dude chained to him. 😛 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2