IGNORED

2024 USA Presidential Election

For Whom The Vote Tolls  

36 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to vote for President of the USA, whom would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Donald Trump
    • Ron DeSantis
    • Doug Burgum
    • Chris Christie
    • Larry Elder
    • Nikki Haley
    • Will Hurd
    • Asa Hutchinson
    • Perry Johnson
    • Mike Pence
    • Vivek Ramaswamy
    • Tim Scott
    • Francis Suarez
    • OTHER -- Democrat
    • OTHER -- Republican
    • OTHER -- Independent

22 hours ago, avatar! said:

It was as democratic as the RNC. And for the record, Biden won 99% of the pledged delegates in the primaries and caucuses. So yeah, you're right, he did "blow out his opponents" 🙂

My state wouldn't put any other names on the ballot, or else I might have voted.

Breath of fresh air.  Things were suffocating for a minute.  I keep hearing news networks talk about a compressed campaign for Harris.   It’s friggin July.   Seems they feel the only acceptable campaign season is an insanely long grind that completely destroys Americans will to live.  
I am also going to need to see Wanda Sykes Vs Shane Gillis at some point.  

15 minutes ago, MagusSmurf said:

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/25/vance-project-2025-book-trump-heritage-foundation

oh okay

we didn't REALLY need confirmation that trump supported project 2025

but thanks vance

Scary stuff --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

The 2025 Presidential Transition Project,[3] also known as Project 2025, is an initiative organized by the Heritage Foundation with the aim of promoting a collection of conservative and right-wing policy proposals to reshape the United States federal government and consolidate executive power should Donald Trump win the 2024 presidential election.[4][5] The Project asserts that the entire executive branch is under the direct control of the president under the unitary executive theory.[6][7] It proposes reclassifying tens of thousands of federal civil service workers as political appointees, in order to replace them with loyalists more willing to enable Trump's policies.[8][9] In doing so, proponents argue that the change would dismantle what they view as a vast, unaccountable, and mostly liberal government bureaucracy.[10] The Project seeks to infuse the government and society with Christian values.[11][12] Critics have characterized Project 2025 as an authoritarian, Christian nationalist plan to steer the U.S. toward autocracy.[11][13] Many legal experts have said it would undermine the rule of law,[14] the separation of powers,[5] the separation of church and state,[15] and civil liberties.[5][14][16]

• 2 weeks later...

Harris vs. Trump: New poll shows massive shift for independent voters

https://www.masslive.com/politics/2024/08/harris-vs-trump-new-poll-shows-massive-shift-for-independent-voters.html

What a difference two weeks makes.

A Marist poll out Tuesday showed a seismic shift in support from independent voters from former President Donald Trump to Vice President Kamala Harris.

Independent voters, who often play an outsized role in presidential contests given the deeply partisan split of the country, went for Harris by a margin of 53% to 44% — a 9% lead.

Well, the honeymoon period was nice while it lasted.

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-palestinian-protest-israel-michigan-1936333

I can't believe she said "Excuse me, I'm speaking" In Detroit, Michigan of all places! (state with the largest Muslim population) This was such an unforced error. She could have done the “I hear you, I see you” routine which would’ve let her not appear so fucking callous. She had just met with delegates from the uncommitted movement (which originated in Michigan) prior to the rally. More than 100,000 voters (13.3%), chose “uncommitted” in the primaries. In the 2020 election, Biden won the Michigan by just 154,000 votes. They are a must-win swing state and she really can't afford to lose those votes. Her school teacher act is going be a big a turn off. I foresee more protests at the rallies to come. Uncommitted is sending 30 delegates to the DNC. Lets hope this won't turn into another '68 convention.

• Angry 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, G-type said:

Well, the honeymoon period was nice while it lasted.

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-palestinian-protest-israel-michigan-1936333

I can't believe she said "Excuse me, I'm speaking" In Detroit, Michigan of all places! (state with the largest Muslim population) This was such an unforced error. She could have done the “I hear you, I see you” routine which would’ve let her not appear so fucking callous. She had just met with delegates from the uncommitted movement (which originated in Michigan) prior to the rally. More than 100,000 voters (13.3%), chose “uncommitted” in the primaries. In the 2020 election, Biden won the Michigan by just 154,000 votes. They are a must-win swing state and she really can't afford to lose those votes. Her school teacher act is going be a big a turn off. I foresee more protests at the rallies to come. Uncommitted is sending 30 delegates to the DNC. Lets hope this won't turn into another '68 convention.

I think she's handling it well. She's pro-Palestinian AND pro-Israel. Anyone that de-legitimizes the state of Israel and wants it "removed" is antisemitic and she's not having that. Good for her! As for Netanyahu, he's a piece of crap and I'm sure she's not having that either!

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, G-type said:

You are not the one she has to win over. It's the Uncommitteds. 

True, and she's balancing between being too far-left and too right. Two of the so-called "Squad" members, both arguably antisemites as well as just assholes (my professional opinion) lost their reelection! Good riddance. We need someone like Kamala Harris to help unite the country. Pandering to the far-left will not win over uncommitted folk. I think she's doing good and I think at the rate she's going she's going to be our first female president 🇺🇸

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Two of the so-called "Squad" members, both arguably antisemites as well as just assholes (my professional opinion) lost their reelection!

it only cost AIPAC 23 million. Certainly good and normal to have a special interest group spending that much.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, G-type said:

it only cost AIPAC 23 million. Certainly good and normal to have a special interest group spending that much.

Yeah, if only Cori Bush had not misappropriated her funds, and if only the DOJ wasn't investigating, maybe things would have ended up differently for her --

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/01/30/congress/bush-confirms-doj-investigation-00138572

But no worries, after all Bush is like Jesus! She miraculously healed a woman with tumors by just touching her! or so she claims --

https://nbcmontana.com/news/nation-world/squad-member-claimed-womans-tumors-disappeared-when-she-touched-them-rep-cori-bush-d-mo-democrat-missouri-congress-politics-pbs-firing-line-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-r-ga

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she lost because she's a lying POS, not because of AIPAC, although can't blame them for spending money to get rid of such people.

ps I'm all in favor of getting rid of morons on the other isle too, hope MTG gets kicked out of office and then as far as I'm concerned she and Bush can both go rot!

Edited by avatar!

4 hours ago, avatar! said:

I think she's handling it well. She's pro-Palestinian AND pro-Israel. Anyone that de-legitimizes the state of Israel and wants it "removed" is antisemitic and she's not having that. Good for her! As for Netanyahu, he's a piece of crap and I'm sure she's not having that either!

Did you read what G-type wrote? Fucking, listen to the people! Respond empathetically to the aggrieved! At the very least some lip service! (But not too many times with the false promises...)

I know you think Israel has done no wrong over decades, but these are American residents with ties back there who know more about what's going on than you or I, and their people are in strife hundreds and thousands of times more than Israelis. Politicians need to listen to their constituents. This callousness of personal issues and dismissiveness is exactly why H Clinton lost this same swing state to this same opponent. It's just bad strategy!

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Link said:

This callousness of personal issues and dismissiveness is exactly why H Clinton lost this same swing state to this same opponent. It's just bad strategy!

I can very easily see this being a repeat of 2016. Except I think Hilary had about a 4 point lead in the polls going into election day, so Kamala has to gain even more ground.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Administrator · Posted

Clinton wouldn't shut the fuck up about being the first woman president as though thats a platform to win an election on. Kamala seems to be standing on her actual personal morals and accomplishments, which is way more relatable and worth noting. 

• Agree 3

16 hours ago, Gloves said:

Clinton wouldn't shut the fuck up about being the first woman president as though thats a platform to win an election on. Kamala seems to be standing on her actual personal morals and accomplishments, which is way more relatable and worth noting. 

I agree and I'm way more optimistic than I was 8 or even 4 years ago. 

I still think they have to win by a wide margin, down ticket too, if there is going to be any hope of improving discourse around here, without which any achievements will be hindered and hobbled by the loud, childish opposition, as with the Affordable Care Act (aka their nickname Obamacare, intended with malice).

1 hour ago, Link said:

hindered and hobbled by the loud, childish opposition

Indeed, the anti-Israel crowd with their antisemitic chants are loud and childish. From blocking traffic, to not letting Kamala Harris speak, to just spouting conspiracy theories, they're a waste of space. Fortunately, despite all the media attention they're getting they're just a small number of people. And at the end, what will they do? Vote for Trump?

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Indeed, the anti-Israel crowd with their antisemitic chants are loud and childish. From blocking traffic, to not letting Kamala Harris speak, to just spouting conspiracy theories, they're a waste of space. Fortunately, despite all the media attention they're getting they're just a small number of people. And at the end, what will they do? Vote for Trump?

Your toxic blend of arrogance, over confidence and dismissiveness is not doing the Kamala campaign any favors

• Haha 1

Just now, G-type said:

Your toxic blend of arrogance, over confidence and dismissiveness is not doing the Kamala campaign any favors

Funny, people have been saying the exact same thing about you!

Guess we're just going to have to try and make things work out anyway, going to be tough for you I know.

5 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Funny, people have been saying the exact same thing about you!

Guess we're just going to have to try and make things work out anyway, going to be tough for you I know.

You are incapable of interacting with anyone who disagrees without resorting to attacking them. If you are trying to be persuasive for your preferred candidate, you are certainly doing more harm than good. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, G-type said:

You are incapable of interacting with anyone who disagrees without resorting to attacking them.

I'm just going to leave up that you just said:

So, seems to me that you are the one that can not interact with people who have strong disagreements with you. You're the one that views people with other opinions as "arrogance" and "over confidence" and "dismissiveness[sic]". I never attacked anyone personally, other than Cori Bush, but she's a politician and a horrible human so I have no regrets about attacking her and the fact that she lost! Oh, and Bowman lost by more than 15 points, goes to show you people are tired of divisiveness from the left and right.