IGNORED

2024 USA Presidential Election

For Whom The Vote Tolls  

36 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to vote for President of the USA, whom would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Donald Trump
    • Ron DeSantis
    • Doug Burgum
    • Chris Christie
    • Larry Elder
    • Nikki Haley
    • Will Hurd
    • Asa Hutchinson
    • Perry Johnson
    • Mike Pence
    • Vivek Ramaswamy
    • Tim Scott
    • Francis Suarez
    • OTHER -- Democrat
    • OTHER -- Republican
    • OTHER -- Independent

12 minutes ago, avatar! said:

The average college tuition in the U.S. is $9,349 for in-state students

So long as there is a college in your state which offers a competitive program for the degree you want to study...Seems like a strange restriction though. Are students in the UK, etc. restricted to only going to specific colleges if they want to get $1-10k/year tuition?

Sure, you can go to a community college for a relatively low fee, but you will get a lower quality education and will have fewer prospects in the future based on that. Guess you have to hope you live in a state which hosts a highly competitive college so you can take advantage of that in-state tuition.

7 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Come on, you know better than that!

If someone truly supports AND campaigns for Trump knowing his stances, yes, they are complicit. (not sure what "problem solved" is supposed to indicate other than just some hyperbole instead of discussion)

If someone votes for Trump and they are just "well, I don't like him, but I can't stand Biden" then I can't say that person is complicit. AOC fully knows that Omar is antisemitic and she fully supports her. So, problem not solved!

So just to be clear, voting for someone isn't supporting him, but being in a voting bloc with someone is supporting them?

I just want to make sure we're on the same page here about what supporting means, because I think we might have different definitions.

1 minute ago, Khromak said:

So long as there is a college in your state which offers a competitive program for the degree you want to study...Seems like a strange restriction though. Are students in the UK, etc. restricted to only going to specific colleges if they want to get $1-10k/year tuition?

Sure, you can go to a community college for a relatively low fee, but you will get a lower quality education and will have fewer prospects in the future based on that. Guess you have to hope you live in a state which hosts a highly competitive college so you can take advantage of that in-state tuition.

Basically every major state institution will offer a competitive (some more, some less) program in just about any field you can imagine. There are some exceptions if you want to be truly specialized, but in most instances very specialized degrees are for masters and/or PhDs.

In the UK, just like in the USA, it depends on whether you get accepted as well as where you are going.

Average is £9,250 per year -- which amounts to roughly $12,000. Certainly cheaper than many private institutions in the USA, but comparable to most major state institutions. Also, most private institutions that charge insane tuition often also have insane grants.

1 minute ago, Khromak said:

So just to be clear, voting for someone isn't supporting him, but being in a voting bloc with someone is supporting them?

I just want to make sure we're on the same page here about what supporting means, because I think we might have different definitions.

It's not all back or white. It depends on how you support and to what extent. I think we can agree that someone who votes for Biden is not the same as someone that has donated $10,000 to his campaign. If someone votes for Trump, that's not the same as someone that has donated time and money to fuel his campaign. Mind you, I can't stand Trump, but I'm also not going to hate everyone that votes for him, although I personally would rather vote for Donald Duck or just about anyone else than Trump!

2 hours ago, Link said:

On an all-hands call with campaign staffers, Biden made clear that he didn't plan to exit the race, telling attendees, "Let me say this as clearly as I possibly can, as simply and straightforward as I can: I am running," according to one campaign official on the call.

“No one is pushing me out," the president added, also saying, "I’m not leaving. I’m in this race to the end, and we’re going to win.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/biden-meet-democratic-governors-seeks-tamp-calls-step-rcna160104

The least you can do is give us the reality TV spectacle of Democrats scrambling for new candidate before we lose in November, Joe 🙏

I don't understand how they bungled the superbowl here. The minimum candidate Democrats need is someone conservative and charismatic enough to win over my "but her emails" mom (who doesn't like Trump but will surely vote him now "because Biden's old"). Unlike the "but her emails" nonsense which boomers didn't actually understand, "but he's old" is easy to understand and visibly correct.

• Like 1

I imagine many people feel like this...

Screenshot-from-2024-07-05-14-52-23.png

Still, I'd vote for an angry gnat before I'd vote for Trump. Although I suppose gnats can't be president... but as someone said, Terry Crews can, he's got my vote 🙂

Shooting Terry Crews GIF by Idiocracy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Regardless of your political affiliation, the Supreme Court's decision should absolutely terrify you. It's insane. Never before in history has our President needed such 'power' for 'bold action.' No President should ever even think about doing crimes. Nixon proved no President is above the law. And now, whether it's a sitting Democrat, Republican, or Independent, they are. Literally, they are. That's batshit.

But the fact of the matter is that if the pundits on MSNBC and CNN shut up and the Democrats just back Biden, he is going to win the election. People are blowing his debate performance way out of proportion. Never has a debate ever been a deciding factor in any Presidential election in American history. It's just fluff. 

I recommend looking into the work of professor Alan Lichtman, the only man who has created a system that has correctly predicted 9 of the last 10 Presidential elections nearly flawlessly. He uses nothing but raw data. No feelings, no emotions, no debate performances for either side. And this year, his work shows one thing: if the Democrats rally behind Biden, he wins the Presidency. If they replace him, it becomes razor-thin close and they likely lose. 

Edited by KokiriChild
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

"Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin"

Ded Teletubbie GIF by MOODMAN

I know it's mostly a stupid gaffe while we're hyper focused on him, but I'll take anything that puts more pressure on the old man.

He also called Harris "Vice President Trump"

Literally can't make this shit up

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

Just wait until we overcorrect from the damage the elderly hath wrought upon our society and end up with a Logan’s Run kinda deal.  

Pretty sure it's already begun..

On 7/6/2024 at 2:01 AM, KokiriChild said:

I recommend looking into the work of professor Alan Lichtman, the only man who has created a system that has correctly predicted 9 of the last 10 Presidential elections nearly flawlessly.

I'm sick of this guy to be honest. The data science behind this is true, but stupid. There just hasn't been enough presidential elections to make any specific indicator statistically significant. If your whole job is just predicting a presidential election, (which you have a coin flip chance of just getting right by random guess)  and you've got all the polls at your disposal to look at, and can revise your prediction right up until the night of and still claim a win AND you still missed one, you suck at this.

Screenshot-from-2024-07-13-18-59-44.png

😮

Donald Trump's campaign said in a statement that he was “fine” after being whisked off the stage at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania after apparent gunshots rang through the crowd.

The former president and presumptive Republican nominee was showing off a chart of border crossing numbers during his last rally before the Republican National Convention opens Monday when bangs started ringing through the crowd. Trump could be seen reaching with his right hand toward his neck. There appeared to be blood on his face.

He quickly ducked behind the riser as agents from his protective detail rushed the stage and screams were heard in the crowd of several thousand people. The bangs continued as agents tended to him on stage.

The crowd cheered as he got back up and pumped his fist.

• Wow! 2

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Screenshot-from-2024-07-13-18-59-44.png

😮

Donald Trump's campaign said in a statement that he was “fine” after being whisked off the stage at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania after apparent gunshots rang through the crowd.

The former president and presumptive Republican nominee was showing off a chart of border crossing numbers during his last rally before the Republican National Convention opens Monday when bangs started ringing through the crowd. Trump could be seen reaching with his right hand toward his neck. There appeared to be blood on his face.

He quickly ducked behind the riser as agents from his protective detail rushed the stage and screams were heard in the crowd of several thousand people. The bangs continued as agents tended to him on stage.

The crowd cheered as he got back up and pumped his fist.

That was WAY too close.  Not to mention someone else could've been hit too!!

EDIT: At least one audience member DID get shot and killed!

Edited by Estil
  • Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, Estil said:

Is the world better off when we once again ditch every climate accord, and leave Ukraine up a creek?  Or undermine our own elections?  Order our Vice Presidents to commit treason?

This only hastens our decline.  All because the established parties were unable to overcome their own dysfunctions.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Well, his odds of winning have to be about 10,000% at this point

I fear you are right. Despite my disdain for Trump, I think him getting hurt or worse is just bad for the country. He simply needs to be defeated in the polls, but of course this attempt on his life is only going to look "good" for him and his election. You would think this image was curated, but it's not and will be one for the history books --

Screenshot-from-2024-07-14-16-51-20.png