IGNORED

Movie Debate #133: Jurassic Park

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.

Probably my favorite movie as a kid.  I loved the movie, I loved the book, and I loved the action figures/toys of which I had pretty much all of them.  I also loved the video games and preferred the SNES version to the others.

As an adult, I don't enjoy the movie quite as much as I did when I was a kid (some of the acting gets pretty cheesy), but it's still a classic worth watching and the visuals still hold up today.  Also, it's still the best in the franchise.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This is one of the rare times like with the Lord of the Rings trilogy where I've read the book, but never saw the movie.

Bro... you gotta watch this movie. It probably won't hit you as hard as it hit 8 year old me, but it is fantastic. Not quite as dark as the book, but great in its own way.

10/10. This was an absolutely formative movie-going experience for me. This was Spielberg in his prime with yet another Summer blockbuster that changed the entire industry. I still remember being 8 years old, in love with dinosaurs, walking to the $3 movie theater with my brother to see it on opening weekend. I was scared and thrilled and mesmerized; I was literally on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. Every cast member was perfect, the dinosaurs were so real, and my mind was racing in hopes I could see a real dinosaur one day. I wanted to be Alan Grant. I will always love this movie. I can't wait to watch it with my son.

• Agree 2

This is my favorite Jurassic Park reference.  In the Japanese version it is a drinking contest which was changed to a soup guzzling contest for the Western Market.  

I never say "Jurassic Park", only Jurassic Pork.

Mmmm, nothing hits the spot like an oversized bowl of Jurassic Pork Soup and a nice Pterodactyl Drumstick!

Edited by PII

Editorials Team · Posted
58 minutes ago, PII said:

This is my favorite Jurassic Park reference.  In the Japanese version it is a drinking contest which was changed to a soup guzzling contest for the Western Market.  

I never say "Jurassic Park", only Jurassic Pork.

Mmmm, nothing hits the spot like an oversized bowl of Jurassic Pork Soup and a nice Pterodactyl Drumstick!

Jurassic Pork Soup.png

I only refer to it asimage.png.7ec20764cadf010414dc02963cbb617f.png

• Haha 1

I remember reading about it in Newsweek. The CGI. The mix of pixels and puppets. The DNA in the mosquitoes trapped in amber. 

My math teacher, who always wore button-down plaid shirts, wore a Jurassic Park t-shirt on opening day. 

I read the book a few years ago. The things I noticed most were Nedry's character was a lot different, and Lex's weird obsession with playing pickle. 

Anyway, I give the movie a high 8.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Anyone else a fan of the early 90s Land of the Lost?

I watched it. I remember the weird episode where they thought they got home and then everything went bonkers and a T-rex came running through their neighborhood.

Still not as trippy as the 70s version. That one was out there.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I remember renting this as a kid while I was looking for anything that could be "more" Jurassic Park.  I was still pretty young and we were watching it as a family.  We didn't make it too far into the movie before my Dad just said "nope."  

Yep.  We totally got this for a slumber party with friends on the heels of Jurassic Park.  I would have been 8.

I never let my dad live it down 😆

• Like 1