IGNORED

T-Pac Arcade

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted
54 minutes ago, G-type said:

When it comes to "room shooters" (since I agree they aren't really mazes) I tend to prefer the ones with an objective aside from just survival. Venture, Marauder, and especially Shamus are all similar games that I like a bit more.

I haven't played those ones, but I can see how an objective would make the formula way better.

Tron Deadly Discs is fun from the brief time I've spent with it, but it might suffer from the same aimlessness haha.

[T-Pac]

Shamus wasn't on the 2600 (although it should have been!) it was made by Atarisoft for their 8-bit computer and other early computer such as the TI-99/4a (what I had). It has a lot of the same elements as Berzerk: electrified walls, an invincible enemy that chases you if you linger too long... but it differs in being a persistent 128-room world, that you have to navigate and collect keys to unlock new areas.

Graphics Team · Posted

T-Pac Arcade : Super Aleste [Nintendo Super Famicom - 1992]

If you mixed the gameplay of Super Aleste with the visuals of Musha Aleste - you'd probably get the best Aleste game possible...

[T-Pac]

image.png.a74bf865126815e14636faaed12dc617.png

• Like 3

On 6/23/2024 at 10:58 PM, T-Pac said:

T-Pac Arcade : Kung Fu [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1985]

I'm generally not a fan of beat-em-ups, but Kung Fu is awesome.

[T-Pac]

image.png.d27f3564e5ac6cae2eaa00b4039d614b.png

I think for variety, more beat’em up reviews might gain more audience as well as spicing things up a little. In keeping with your general theme of simple gameplay from 8-16 bit era, I recommend Double Dragon, Shinobi (arcade or master system), Shadow Dancer (arcade/Megadrive), Golden Axe (arcade/Megadrive), Streets of Rage/Final Fight. Something to ponder on! 🤔

Graphics Team · Posted
23 hours ago, GPX said:

I think for variety, more beat’em up reviews might gain more audience as well as spicing things up a little. In keeping with your general theme of simple gameplay from 8-16 bit era, I recommend Double Dragon, Shinobi (arcade or master system), Shadow Dancer (arcade/Megadrive), Golden Axe (arcade/Megadrive), Streets of Rage/Final Fight. Something to ponder on! 🤔

I appreciate the suggestions, but as I've explained before: This is just a personal project for playing through my collection, not for reviewing games to actively gain an audience or whatever. If you want more variety and beat-em-ups, you'll have look somewhere else haha.

[T-Pac]

3 hours ago, T-Pac said:

I appreciate the suggestions, but as I've explained before: This is just a personal project for playing through my collection, not for reviewing games to actively gain an audience or whatever. If you want more variety and beat-em-ups, you'll have look somewhere else haha.

[T-Pac]

Yeah I know, after 50 episodes I got the hint! 😁

Just that I watched your Kung Fu Master video, and you didn’t seem to mind it. Shinobi and Shadow Dancer are the spiritual sequels to KFM. No rush on my part btw, I’m ok to watch that review in season 4 or 5! 

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

T-Pac Arcade : Strider [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1989]

This game didn't go over very well with me, but I'm still glad I played through it.

And a correction to the video ... I've learned that the final boss guy is not, in fact, Strider Kain. It's a different villain named "Matic." Which makes more sense, but still reinforces my claim that the story here is hard to follow...

[T-Pac]

image.png.8c63a37d2ac0d401063b3be9041d8905.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, T-Pac said:

T-Pac Arcade : Xenon 2 [Nintendo Game Boy - 1992]

Played this one on vacation in Colorado - good times.

[T-Pac]

image.png.e485b8c092e930b8ece90eca1fdbdc45.png

I was glad to see this one! Yeah, it was pretty easy but I really enjoyed the customizable mechanic of the game. I never understood the look of the shopkeeper either.  I know this is a remake of a game, but still.  Why something so creepy?

Graphics Team · Posted
On 7/29/2024 at 5:06 AM, RH said:

Oh, where did you go to in Colorado?

Grand Lake. I've never been before, and it's beautiful. The mountains up there make the mountains here in LA look like garbage haha.

[T-Pac]

1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

Grand Lake. I've never been before, and it's beautiful. The mountains up there make the mountains here in LA look like garbage haha.

[T-Pac]

Yeah, I've not seen the whole US of A, but I think Colorado could be my pick for the most naturally beautiful state in the nation. Alaska might beat that, but it's so cold and so much wilderness, I'll probably never see that.

I love where I live, and the Appalachian Mountains but, yeah, the Rockies are more amazing.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

No new episode this week. It's crunch-season at work and I've been crazy busy lately.

But even though I haven't had time to PLAY games, all the overtime I'm working has left me with plenty of extra cash to BUY games... namely an absurd amount of Mega Drive shoot-em-ups.

My 16-bit shooter collection is neeeearly finished now, and it feels real good.

[T-Pac]

Graphics Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, PII said:

Makes me think: Harder, Vertical Scrolling Sol Deace...

I literally just got a copy of Sol-Deace this week!

What are your thoughts on it? Something I should be looking forward to?

[T-Pac]

7 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

I literally just got a copy of Sol-Deace this week!

What are your thoughts on it? Something I should be looking forward to?

I like it a lot, although I've only made it about half way through.  Gotta get back to it one of these days.  I don't remember the reasoning why but somewhere or other I read that the Sega CD version "Sol Feace" is bad in some capacity and I've yet to play that version.  I really like the the spreading of the ship's guns and just like you said about Grind stormer it feels very intuitive.  It's good in all the usual ways that Genesis shooter's typically are, I especially like the latin themed music in the 2nd level.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

T-Pac Arcade : Zero Wing [Sega Mega Drive - 1991]

The origin of the immortal meme "All your base are belong to us."

If anyone here is a fan of Over Horizon or Violent Soldier, you'd probably like Zero Wing.

[T-Pac]

image.png.c912917f6d883f3dfa7e659a3ac5bdda.png

• Like 3