• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

449642866_10161315600594299_7106364966562717815_n.jpg

That was indeed true --

Woman finds 80 skeletons crammed into Ikea bags

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/08/02/newser-skeletons-ikea-bags/13505881/

shoved under a tarp in a Scandinavian church...There appears to be a (somewhat) reasonable explanation, at least for the initial excavation:

The church called in an archaeology team five years ago to exhume the skeletons—some estimated to be 500 years old—for a renovation, according to one of the scientists who spoke to the Local.

"The plan was to rebury them as soon as possible … but the county board said they couldn't leave church ground, and it became complicated," he says.

He does give props to the unusual storage containers, acknowledging that "the Ikea bags aren't actually that bad [because] they'd be great for stopping the molding process."

Social Team · Posted
3 hours ago, RH said:

#3 for sure, but what's that device at the bottom right?

It's an MP3 player.

Also I'm picking #2.  I feel like some things are not in their proper era.  #4 drinks are straight from the 80's.  Also #4 is the worst pick in my opinion.  I have no idea what the second game is for #3

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

It's an MP3 player.

Also I'm picking #2.  I feel like some things are not in their proper era.  #4 drinks are straight from the 80's.  Also #4 is the worst pick in my opinion.  I have no idea what the second game is for #3

I'm with you on #2. And the N64 game is Killer Instinct Gold.

Posted (edited)

I'm going with 2

It beats out 1 because Sonic and Mortal Kombat were cooler than Mario and Street Fighter. Coke is better than Pepsi, and old school Nickelodeon was awesome.

3 is just "meh" with the exception of Fox Kids

4 loses because I have greater memories with the 16-bit console wars (and arcade games at the time) than I do the Playstation

My own custom one would maybe be the Mortal Kombat 1995 movie, The Disney Afternoon, Sega Genesis (it just felt more 90s than the SNES with "Blast Processing" and "Attitude"), Streets of Rage 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, coke, a cassette player with The Simpsons Sings the Blue inside it, and some Mighty Morphin Power Rangers action figures 

Honorable Mention:

the Batman: Mask of the Phantasm movie

Edited by Astro Bot

14 hours ago, Tenjikuronin said:

Kca4Rr4.jpg

none of these are 100% for me, but I guess I'd go #2.

My 90s gaming nostalgia was mostly on PC. and at friend's houses I'd go Genesis with Toe Jam & Earl and MK2. For cartoon: Batman the Animated series (Is that Fox kids?). Music was CDs/boombox, for the movie maybe Akira? 

19 minutes ago, Astro Bot said:

Definitely not like that now LOL

Honestly, I think we do have numerous amazing games being released today. But, the golden age of AAA-games is long past in my opinion. For example, there can only be one original Super Mario World... and yes, I know there was a sequel 🙂 I'm saying the first was hugely influential in the industry, back when these games could never ever have been made by anything other than a large AAA studio. Today, that's no longer the case. I recently played Stray, it was honestly more fun than the last Fire Emblem game, even though the former is a small French studio and the latter a AAA studio with millions of dollars. But yeah, who doesn't miss the 90s...

super mario nintendo GIF

• Like 2