IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

1 hour ago, RH said:

Have... you never read the Far Side?

I grew up with them as the day to day calendars. I liked comics and enjoyed these. My mom enjoyed reading them too, but I'd have to explain and translate some as she was always trying to learn English. 🙂

This akes me want to buy them again, but would prefer a digital version. Time to reseeearch!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know anyone can google but for simplicity and the sake of easiness:

https://www.thefarside.com/

Mr. Larson also retired in the 90s because he got bored with drawing for a living. He literally just upped and quit, which is the most "Far Side" way to go, if by choice.

Anyway, someone around here, years ago posted his site above because he started drawing again.  Drawing on a tablet made drawing fun again, so he probably has 20-30 "new" comics on that site which he's made in the last 5-7 years, but he's not made anything new in a very long time.

https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff

38 minutes ago, RH said:

I know anyone can google but for simplicity and the sake of easiness:

https://www.thefarside.com/

Mr. Larson also retired in the 90s because he got bored with drawing for a living. He literally just upped and quit, which is the most "Far Side" way to go, if by choice.

Anyway, someone around here, years ago posted his site above because he started drawing again.  Drawing on a tablet made drawing fun again, so he probably has 20-30 "new" comics on that site which he's made in the last 5-7 years, but he's not made anything new in a very long time.

https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff

He had to retire because there was no topping this one:

image.png.044163532d06de06d2e3f8e755e14780.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

@RH @Tabonga @Mega Tank @avatar!

This bad boy contains every Far Side drawing that he ever completed before his retirement.  It weighs 20 pounds.  I was a HUGE far side fan as a kid, and I loved the small book collections of his drawings because it allowed me to read as many as possible.  I used to read ahead in the calendars and keep all of the daily calendar drawings.  I was super excited to get this since I didn't have to keep all of that old stuff.  It's a bit of a burden to read through due to the large size, so going through a digital collections is probably much more enjoyable.  But the physical collector in me is happy to have this piece.

Because of it's size, it has to sit on a table right behind my desk, which means, it's never more than a few feet from me any time I browsing VGS

20240829_085947.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

This bad boy contains every Far Side drawing that he ever completed before his retirement.  It weighs 20 pounds.  I was a HUGE far side fan as a kid, and I loved the small book collections of his drawings because it allowed me to read as many as possible.  I used to read ahead in the calendars and keep all of the daily calendar drawings.  I was super excited to get this since I didn't have to keep all of that old stuff.  It's a bit of a burden to read through due to the large size, so going through a digital collections is probably much more enjoyable.  But the physical collector in me is happy to have this piece.

Because of it's size, it has to sit on a table right behind my desk, which means, it's never more than a few feet from me any time I browsing VGS

20240829_085947.jpg

I'm gonna need a banana for scale.

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

20240829_085947.jpg

I have that too.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tulpa said:

457297862_923357109821715_5750743141297931369_n.jpg

The Untold Truth Of A.1. Sauce

https://www.mashed.com/243666/the-untold-truth-of-a-1-sauce/

It's English 🇬🇧

A.1. Sauce was first invented by Henderson William Brand, a personal chef for King George the IV from 1824 to 1831. Supposedly, King George tasted the sauce and voiced his approval by pronouncing it "A1."

After declaring bankruptcy, rebranding, and trading as "H.W. Brand," Brand was appointed the cook and manager of cuisine at the 1862 International Exhibition in London, where he debuted "Brand's International Sauce," where it was ranked, unsurprisingly, A1.

12 hours ago, Tulpa said:

457297862_923357109821715_5750743141297931369_n.jpg

6 hours ago, avatar! said:

The Untold Truth Of A.1. Sauce

https://www.mashed.com/243666/the-untold-truth-of-a-1-sauce/

It's English 🇬🇧

A.1. Sauce was first invented by Henderson William Brand, a personal chef for King George the IV from 1824 to 1831. Supposedly, King George tasted the sauce and voiced his approval by pronouncing it "A1."

After declaring bankruptcy, rebranding, and trading as "H.W. Brand," Brand was appointed the cook and manager of cuisine at the 1862 International Exhibition in London, where he debuted "Brand's International Sauce," where it was ranked, unsurprisingly, A1.

As soon as I saw the meme, but before I read your post @avatar!, I thought, "Ah! I bet it's British. I had no clue."

• Like 1