IGNORED

Beat Every Worldwide N64 Game - 2024/2025 - 72/388

6 hours ago, jrmrbcax said:

I’ve tried multiple times to play this but I just can’t get the hang of it lol I wish I could, looks like fun

Yeah, there's quite a lot to get your head around when you first start playing. The controls are not particularly intuitive, so they take some time to learn, and there's a ton of weapons with a million different effects to figure out too.

It is well worth it if you have time to get into it though, so much fun and a surprisingly deep and complex game despite the cute graphics!

• 2 weeks later...

A momentous completion in my personal journey through the N64 library today! @Splain sound the most resplendent ALERT!

Resident Evil 2 is complete, a most legendary N64 game!

IMG20240905012903.jpg.6855b9bfaade3d798bf84322b646bb5d.jpg

IMG20240905012931.jpg.ee9fabd6550efb6508949d36c7b4a3f4.jpg

IMG20240905012702.jpg.ce7cdf5368c0f286e6ed2a51a24fa657.jpg

What an amazing game, honestly, it's a masterpiece. I don't think game design gets much better than this. It's utterly captivating, from to beginning to end, an intense experience.

I've always enjoyed the Resident Evil games that I've played, but I've always found them incredibly intimidating. I feel lost and scared and vulnerable playing these games, and before today I only ever actually beat RE:4, out of all the games I've tried.

But, I really got to grips with this one from the start, and even though I was terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought on several occasions, I conserved my health and ammo, thought carefully about my route through the game and actually got through it far quicker and more efficiently than I had expected!

I absolutely loved time with this game, and I look forward to playing again with the other character, and on different difficulty settings and even maybe using the randomiser feature to shake up the game experience!

This game has definitely shot right up my personal N64 rankings, it's a fantastic game that every N64 gamer should own, it's really that good! 😄

• Like 1