IGNORED

Beat Every Game Boy Game - 2024 - 123/566

1 hour ago, bronzeshield said:

I think it's getting to the point where someone needs to inspect the code and see what's happening! You've paid your dues so thoroughly that some heroic programmer will surely be moved by this injustice and remedy it.

The world needs to know if the game is intentionally denying you victory -- changing the rules when you get close to a win, or simply blocking you outright and making victory conditional solely on the outcome of an RNG.

It would be great to better understand how things work. I have no clue how to dig into these things. This is possibly the most difficult game I've played on any system. I'd say the first 50 hours was generally learning how to properly play, the next 50 was fine tuning and then these next 100 have been attempts where I was confident that I knew enough to get me through.

Once I'm done, I plan to write a gamefaqs guide that outlines everything, but I don't think the game is intentionally denying me specifically when I'm close to victory. It is actively trying to sabotage at every single step. There are still plenty of attempts where I cannot get past the first level. I find the 3rd level (USA) to be the easiest and most consistent and that also still knocks me out about 15-25% of the time.

The issue is that the strike zone almost always moves in some way. But, you don't know 1) when it's going to start moving, 2) which direction it's going to move in, and 3) how fast it will be moving.  There are some common patterns that you can guess because certain levels will be more likely to act in a certain way, but if you guess wrong then it's probably game over (especially in the later levels). And these variables change every single time you play.

In both of these last tries, I did have an opportunity to make up for the CPU BS, but the first time my guess was wrong. The second time, I pressed the button a little early and didn't hit the mark I was aiming for that maybe would have worked.

Tetris Plus (GB) - All Puzzle Mode levels beaten on Very Hard:

image.jpeg.c097cf5c4bb73f3ea5510839eef04a82.jpeg

That was bloody hard, thankfully the music is amazing.

Bonus pic with Classic Mode scores:

image.jpeg.2ee0eebacedbae93f8016f6931ad99e0.jpeg

Trying to get a 50 Tetris clears run as the last thing for RetroAchivements set, I failed a run on 48 and have gotten two 41 runs so far.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1