IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Final Round - Balloon Fight

BeaIank

9 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I didn't think that Balloon Fight was super hard, but it would be a lot more fun without the point pressing.

Balloon Trip on the other hand..... I wish I could have broke 100k but it wasn't going to happen.

Eh, no way around pressing points in fight. 

Trip is ridiculous. I think I could maybe roll it with enough dedication. Once I was getting close to 1k for balloons I just tried not to die. 

Events Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

I’ve trained the minion with the master sword for my resets. 
@BeaIank

if she’s not around I’ve gotten pretty good at it myself (left handed even). 

That's awesome but what happened to that remote reset button you rigged?  I really want one of those...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

How did you make that thing? How does it work?

I gutted an Rf modulator and installed the button on the end. Had a broken controller so cut that end and connected (two of the five wires.) to the button inside the Rf modulator. 
inside the nes cut the connector off the controller port wires that go to the mother board and solder the same two wires from the button to the reset button board. 

Edited by skinnygrinny

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

I gutted an Rf modulator and installed the button on the end. Had a broken controller so cut that end and connected (two of the five wires.) to the button inside the Rf modulator. 
inside the nes cut the connector of the controller port wires that go to the mother board and solder the same two wires from the button to the reset button board. 

Okay so it's also a mod. You can't just plug this into any NES and have it work.

That's pretty cool though. Too bad you have to sacrifice the second player port.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

inside the nes cut the connector of the controller port wires that go to the mother board and solder the same two wires from the button to the reset button board. 

Easy there Doogie Howser

• Haha 1

Just now, mbd39 said:

Okay so it's also a mod. You can't just plug this into any NES and have it work.

That's pretty cool though. Too bad you have to sacrifice the second player port.

Ya it only works on my nes. hated to cut that connector off the controller port inside the nes but it was worth it 🙂 

5 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Ya it only works on my nes. hated to cut that connector off the controller port inside the nes but it was worth it 🙂 

Hey skinny, were you using both buttons in Balloon Trip or just the B button? For both modes I mostly just use B. The other button is almost pointless from what I can tell.

5 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Hey skinny, were you using both buttons in Balloon Trip or just the B button? For both modes I mostly just use B. The other button is almost pointless from what I can tell.

I had the opposite experience. The b button threw my control way off. I used the a button. 

4 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

I had the opposite experience. The b button threw my control way off. I used the a button. 

I dunno. I like being able to just hold the button to gain more elevation when I need it. The A button requires more constant tapping or you fall fast. It probably depends on what you're used to doing.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

I dunno. I like being able to just hold the button to gain more elevation when I need it. The A button requires more constant tapping or you fall fast. It probably depends on what you're used to doing.

Ya I just felt like I could control more precisely with the A button. 

Events Team · Posted

So for those interested, @bertsampson updated a score of 402,500 at balloon fight within the last hour, which tops Tablew\chairs score by a mere 600 points. This was enough for bert to take the championship home!!!

Congrats bertsampson for winning the 2019 championship!

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

2 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

So for those interested, bertsampson updated a score of 402,500 at balloon fight within the last hour, which tops Tablew\chairs score by a mere 600 points. This was enough for bert to take the championship home!!!

Congrats bertsampson to win the 2019 championship!

What a legendary snipe. Hats off to bert.

• Like 2

Theoretically someone could max out Balloon Fight on the first stage if they can keep dodging the lightning and keep the enemies from falling into the water, as well as have an unbelievable amount of patience.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Let's not forget @Tablew/chairs who finish 2nd, and came so close to win it all. You gave an incredible performance and I tip you my hat for this!

Also, special mention to @skinnygrinny, who grasp another third place prince title, and gave an overall awesome performance throughout the tournament. Keep grinding it man!

Thanks to everyone who competed in the tournament and made it all worth it! You guys are the core of the contest and I wish to see all of you back on the field for the 2020 season!

And I will personally thank @BeaIank for all the work she done this year to keep the contest running as smooth as usual. You are a very precious lady for the contest and I look forward to work with you again soon enough!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks @BeaIank and @guillavoie for doing what you do. Moving this all over from the old forum and letting this whole thing live on was amazing. You two are the real champs here. I feel I have taken what all you contest organizers do for granted. No longer. Thank you so much. If there is anything I can do to help in the future, just let me know. I owe it to you😁

Congrats On the championship @bertsampson
Screw you @skinnygrinny

I’m out to get you next season @mbd39

Hopefully @JamesRobot @SuperJimtendo and @Murray are able to put a little more effort in next year. 😁

Goodnight all!  It was a pleasure playing some Nintender tapes with you all!

• Like 2

Agree with Richard about Bea and guill. Credit to Gloves as well. The transition from NA to this forum was as seamless as could be. Everybody's all here. It feels even better than NintendoAge due to all the activity now. People who haven't posted regularly in years are posting.

• Like 4