IGNORED

Cycling

Jeevan

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive. Fuckin' way more than I would touch.

On 4/13/2024 at 4:38 PM, Jeevan said:

I ordered a new seat for my Fezz.  The current one sucks, ordered a fizik tundra 2, hope it helps with the long ride.

Report? 7 ½ hours, I hope so! 

On 4/14/2024 at 8:03 PM, Jeevan said:

we plan on riding 100 miles in june together as a group, my riding buddies and i, hope we all make it 😆

Was this it? Did anybody die?

Events Helper · Posted
10 minutes ago, Link said:

Impressive. Fuckin' way more than I would touch.

Report? 7 ½ hours, I hope so! 

Was this it? Did anybody die?

seat is glorious, but after that much riding its gonna be sore regardless 🤣 even with padded shorts

It was it, sorta, we were only planning 80ish, but felt great, then didn't 🤣  No one died and no one wrecked..... 😏

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 7:16 AM, Jeevan said:

seat is glorious, but after that much riding its gonna be sore regardless 🤣 even with padded shorts

It was it, sorta, we were only planning 80ish, but felt great, then didn't 🤣  No one died and no one wrecked..... 😏

Congrats, that's awesome!

Regarding padded shorts, I've heard there's a difference in relief from ass soreness depending on the quality of padded shorts you own. 

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
53 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Congrats, that's awesome!

Regarding padded shorts, I've heard there's a difference in relief from ass soreness depending on the quality of padded shorts you own. 

its more the taint region that hurts for me.......sorry i know tmi 🤣

Any suggestions feel free, i am looking to get something that might be a bit better

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Any suggestions feel free, i am looking to get something that might be a bit better

I have no idea, my padded shorts are super budget at about $15 - $30 a piece. My dentist though used to buy ones that at half price ended up at about $300 a pair, and talking with another cycling buddy, he claims that the more expensive shorts are actually better in terms of comfort.

Just get them tight is all I can say, I wear a M size for those but generally wear a L or XL for regular clothes. The less movement and friction, the better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Don’t go cheap on the cycling shorts. Get good quality and learn to stand more, especially while going up hills. The chamois buttr is a life saver. Saddle sores are inevitable, you will just have to learn to live with them. But if you get some good shorts and a cream, your life will definitely be better. 

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted

officially 501 miles for the month of May, 1352.49 for the year.  goal of 3000 should be achieved at this rate, and I'm not even halfway through the season I have set for myself.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jeevan said:

officially 501 miles for the month of May, 1352.49 for the year.  goal of 3000 should be achieved at this rate, and I'm not even halfway through the season I have set for myself.

I need to get back into the saddle, unfortunately at the moment the weather has been finicky with thunderstorms and sudden but brief rain showers. Then there's the problem of my gears cable being broken.

Come August I hope to be in the saddle every morning. I'm going unemployed indefinitely, so my goal is to wake up early and go cycling several times a week.

• 2 weeks later...
Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, ChTe said:

I'm planning to do the C&O Canal Trail in a few weeks. The plan is to do it over weekend and stop at camp sites along the way. Mileage should be something like 50/65/65

c_and_o.png

what kinda bike u got?  I'm planning on 162 mile ride in July and a 50 in August and maybe a 60 in September if it is still a thing this year.  hit over 1500 miles for the year just yesterday.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

what kinda bike u got?  I'm planning on 162 mile ride in July and a 50 in August and maybe a 60 in September if it is still a thing this year.  hit over 1500 miles for the year just yesterday.

Random REI-brand mountain bike. Looks like this:

image.jpeg.77ca77aab2c7d734f28b7f019559cd1c.jpeg

I can't say I do a whole lot of mountain biking, though. When I eventually upgrade I'll probably get a road bike, but this thing gets the job done for casual biking.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, ChTe said:

Random REI-brand mountain bike. Looks like this:

image.jpeg.77ca77aab2c7d734f28b7f019559cd1c.jpeg

I can't say I do a whole lot of mountain biking, though. When I eventually upgrade I'll probably get a road bike, but this thing gets the job done for casual biking.

all that matters is u are getting out and doing something.  hopefully u enjoy it, mountain biking on trails is fun, I can't do much of that right now as I injured my shoulder, but late fall I will probably be out on the trail tearing it up on my trek.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Events Helper · Posted

Attacked by a pack of 3 dogs today, leg is sore, 3 punctures, should be good, cleaned it up and will be going to urgent care tomorrow.  Should be good to ride my 162 miles, but the worst thing about this is, there are irresponsible dog owners on a great route that I want to ride as much as possible........

• Wow! 2

13 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Attacked by a pack of 3 dogs today, leg is sore, 3 punctures, should be good, cleaned it up and will be going to urgent care tomorrow.  Should be good to ride my 162 miles, but the worst thing about this is, there are irresponsible dog owners on a great route that I want to ride as much as possible........

Sometimes I'd encounter packs of wild dogs while riding up I the mountains at nighttime.

Depending on the situation, sometimes the best thing to do is to just ride full force towards them, perhaps while even letting out a guttural yell. This will often be enough to scare them off, as they don't expect anyone to actually have the balls to do it. 

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Sometimes I'd encounter packs of wild dogs while riding up I the mountains at nighttime.

Depending on the situation, sometimes the best thing to do is to just ride full force towards them, perhaps while even letting out a guttural yell. This will often be enough to scare them off, as they don't expect anyone to actually have the balls to do it. 

it was uphill, coming into a small town, normally there is 1 dog there, just sniffs me, this time a pack of 3 and 1 charged me, i didn't see them all right away, filed a police report, will get checked out tomorrow, will be carrying pepper spray and a knife from now on no matter where i go in case i get knocked down i can defend myself.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

it was uphill, coming into a small town, normally there is 1 dog there, just sniffs me, this time a pack of 3 and 1 charged me, i didn't see them all right away, filed a police report, will get checked out tomorrow, will be carrying pepper spray and a knife from now on no matter where i go in case i get knocked down i can defend myself.

Oh wow that sounds horrible.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Oh wow that sounds horrible.

nothing scarier than being surrounded by 3 dogs, 1 biting you, feeling the jaws grasp your right calf muscle, and then coming around a corner into oncoming traffic, which helped me get away actually...........

• Wow! 3

13 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

nothing scarier than being surrounded by 3 dogs, 1 biting you, feeling the jaws grasp your right calf muscle, and then coming around a corner into oncoming traffic, which helped me get away actually...........

I've always said that the only dogs I like are my own. These were owned by people too, that makes it even worse.

• Agree 1