IGNORED

April Movie: Ninja III The Domination

8 hours ago, G-type said:

Even though it ultimately had a decent box office, I think it was a little disappointing when it opened. This was Lucinda Dickey's first movie, but it was released after Breakin' which was a big hit. So Ninja 3 not living up to that, combined with Breakin' 2 completely flopping, led to Breakin' 3 being cancelled and they ended up giving King Solomon's Mine to some actress named Sharon Stone.

Interesting. I saw that she was in a movie called Breakin’ and I plan to check that out at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

I had to break it up into 3 different nights to fit it into my schedule, but I finally finished my rewatch of Ninja III

I think I'd be perfectly content just watching Cannon films every month 😆 They never get old.  Maybe someday we get to American Ninja too, because I'm kind of a Michael Dudikoff fanboy.

Events Team · Posted

Checked this out last night. Totally legit.  I would've loved this movie as a kid.  Leans way into the 80s era styles and fads.  Love all the neon, hair, and leg warmers.  The possession through her arcade machine was pure gold. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, heres where Im at.  I refuse to watch a sequel of a movie before watching the previous movies in the story.

With that said, I decided to start Enter the Ninja, the first film of the trilogy, and I could only bare it for about 10 mins before I had to shut it off. I dont know if all 3 movies are like the first 10 mins of the first movie, but if they are, then Im just not into that kinda movie. The Martial arts movies I like are the Bruce Lee movies, Last Dragon, Kickboxer... Movies with a good story behind it, like Mortal Kombat, but not something that is nothing but well acted fight scenes from beginning to end. Go ahead and flame me, Im ready...

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Ok, heres where Im at.  I refuse to watch a sequel of a movie before watching the previous movies in the story.

With that said, I decided to start Enter the Ninja, the first film of the trilogy, and I could only bare it for about 10 mins before I had to shut it off. I dont know if all 3 movies are like the first 10 mins of the first movie, but if they are, then Im just not into that kinda movie. The Martial arts movies I like are the Bruce Lee movies, Last Dragon, Kickboxer... Movies with a good story behind it, like Mortal Kombat, but not something that is nothing but well acted fight scenes from beginning to end. Go ahead and flame me, Im ready...

I have nothing to add, other than that none of the Ninja movies will not bring you any clarity,regardless of the order you watch them 😂

3 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

That's what these B movies are all about! Bad stories, sub par acting and cheesy effects and shoe string budgets. MK had a budget of $20mil which is way more than Enter the Ninja's budget of $1.5mil 🤣 

But these movies definitely aren't for everyone so I can see why you would have to turn it off. Ninja III has an awesome intro so maybe check that one out. I had never seen any of the movies in the series and it didn't seem like I needed to.

18 hours ago, Brickman said:

That's what these B movies are all about! Bad stories, sub par acting and cheesy effects and shoe string budgets. MK had a budget of $20mil which is way more than Enter the Ninja's budget of $1.5mil 🤣 

But these movies definitely aren't for everyone so I can see why you would have to turn it off. Ninja III has an awesome intro so maybe check that one out. I had never seen any of the movies in the series and it didn't seem like I needed to.

I can atleast check out the beginning of part 3 since I dont have any interest in the first two, so I will do so tonight.