IGNORED

The Florida collection. Established. Clout. Pedigree. Recognized.

docile tapeworm

45 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I believe we all thought the Ducktales was in a normal NES box, not a rental box with a cut up original box sort of abomination 😂

Oh I knew you all thought it was cib I was asking tank what the hell is it since he proclaimed himself the clamshell rental guru 😁

31 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Yep. I don't remember which instruction set was blue text.

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Oh I knew you all thought it was cib I was asking tank what the hell is it since he proclaimed himself the clamshell rental guru 😁

Nope. I was collecting clamshells for sometime trying to use the cover art project. I had no space at the time and they were just sitting there. Got rid of them. I was also trying to get a full set of Permastruct Labels, but abandoned that as well. I enjoy rental stickers from stores though. Also blockbuster labels on games.

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Nope. I was collecting clamshells for sometime trying to use the cover art project. I had no space at the time and they were just sitting there. Got rid of them. I was also trying to get a full set of Permastruct Labels, but abandoned that as well. I enjoy rental stickers from stores though. Also blockbuster labels on games.

IMG_8801.jpeg

• Love 1

On 8/24/2024 at 6:32 PM, docile tapeworm said:

Duck tales is in one of those plastic clamshell things with the instructions glued to the inside like a rental. 

Ah, I thought it might be CIB. i'm gonna have to pass on that.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 6:41 PM, docile tapeworm said:

The horror 😦

Yeah I know, those ugly as fuck rental stickers that have no good use or purpose anymore utterly destroying the quality of such a fine game.  It pleased me to no end working on that for nearly an hour to get it as excellent a copy as it could be without causing any damage to it at all which was highly rewarding.  I do this to ever scrap of rental defacement I find on gaming stuff and have a very high success rate.  I'll seek out recoverable turds because the savings behind a bit of work is great and equally rewarding.  Thanks to its nastiness, that cost me all of $5 to get it. 🙂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah I know, those ugly as fuck rental stickers that have no good use or purpose anymore utterly destroying the quality of such a fine game.  It pleased me to no end working on that for nearly an hour to get it as excellent a copy as it could be without causing any damage to it at all which was highly rewarding.  I do this to ever scrap of rental defacement I find on gaming stuff and have a very high success rate.  I'll seek out recoverable turds because the savings behind a bit of work is great and equally rewarding.  Thanks to its nastiness, that cost me all of $5 to get it. 🙂

What about the history?! 

25 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

What about the history?! 

What history?  That's just an excuse, there is no history tied to that game except maybe if you were the actual person that rented it, then when they sold it went back to get it.  There is no history or historic value to a rental sticker on some random game unless there's a personal story attached to that very copy, that very sticker, something meaningful.  I mean if you care so much about Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, The Warehouse, or the rest, go get some store merchandise and idolize it like people who buy a Nintendo kiosk or display piece like my SNES Mario/Yoshi hanger I still have.  Some random rental sticker defacement of a cartridge box or sticker has no value other than DEvalue, which is why you can score games like that for far less as sane people consider it damage, if not damage, too much work to deal with so the value tanks.  The only game I'd put to having historical value tied to that store would be the competition carts like the DKC one or the 'new leaf' sega carts for genesis.

42 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

What history?  That's just an excuse, there is no history tied to that game except maybe if you were the actual person that rented it, then when they sold it went back to get it.  There is no history or historic value to a rental sticker on some random game unless there's a personal story attached to that very copy, that very sticker, something meaningful.  I mean if you care so much about Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, The Warehouse, or the rest, go get some store merchandise and idolize it like people who buy a Nintendo kiosk or display piece like my SNES Mario/Yoshi hanger I still have.  Some random rental sticker defacement of a cartridge box or sticker has no value other than DEvalue, which is why you can score games like that for far less as sane people consider it damage, if not damage, too much work to deal with so the value tanks.  The only game I'd put to having historical value tied to that store would be the competition carts like the DKC one or the 'new leaf' sega carts for genesis.

You’ve taken away an opportunity for a gen z to realize by seeing the sticker on that cart, that at one point in time, you could rent video games from a physical location dedicated to renting games/movies…. How do you sleep at night 🥺

36 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

So yea, if you ever have rental store sticker games, let me know @docile tapeworm I'm not going to contribute the derailment that is already going on.

No way I keep them all. My favorites are the mom and pop ones and/or the personal art/names drawn on by the kids that owned them.

• Haha 1