IGNORED

Digital Madness

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

If you ever find any single piece of DLC of the same quality as any individual Mega Man sequel on NES, be sure to call me up 😄

(to answer myself, the Dark Souls 2 DLC is probably a good/the only contender, but fortunately it's available on disc now)

Also The Old Hunters (pretty much any From Software expansion tbh)

Id say Heart of Stone (best story and quest design) and Blood and Wine (coolest area) are better the already great Witcher 3 base game

Graphics Team · Posted
On 5/27/2024 at 5:55 AM, Sumez said:

I think there's a fine line between having irrational spending habits, and actually encouraging a predatory system that abuses people's addictive behavior patterns.

Where that line is drawn is definitely arguable, and probably somewhat subjective. I don't think we need to necessarily agree on it. But I do think it's important to maintain that it at least exists somewhere, because there's some absolutely cynical and despicable stuff going on out there once you start delving into the rabbit hole of the worst examples.

Definitely - there's an element of self-restraint to personally combat bad spending habits, but that doesn't exonerate business models designed specifically to take advantage of addictive behavior.

[T-Pac]

@AirVillainI used to say that Megaman 3 was my favorite Megaman (I think I still would) but a complaint I heard a few times with it is that the game feels like it drags because it reuses old robot masters in the doc robot stages. I never minded this because MM3 was my first Megaman and Megaman games aren't excessively long to begin with. I was under the impression it was a somewhat common thing people said about the game, but I might've overestimated how many people feel that way about it

• Like 1

Outside of the Mario Kart 8 stuff I really have never purchased anything digitally, unless it's a game that likely wouldn't get a physical release, but those are very few and far between. I don't even like paying a subscription for online gaming... like giving Sony or Nintendo money to use your own internet, especially with Nintendo since their servers are usually butt-cheeks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, inasuma said:

the sprite work is unmatched amirite

Haha, gotcha.... And yes, you are most certainly correct. UNMATCHED!

16 hours ago, Ankos said:

@AirVillainI used to say that Megaman 3 was my favorite Megaman (I think I still would) but a complaint I heard a few times with it is that the game feels like it drags because it reuses old robot masters in the doc robot stages. I never minded this because MM3 was my first Megaman and Megaman games aren't excessively long to begin with. I was under the impression it was a somewhat common thing people said about the game, but I might've overestimated how many people feel that way about it

Yeah... I get that.

If you're referring to re-using boss' from Mega Man 2, then yeah... that drags. I think it's MM3 that does that? (I'm actually ashamed I don't know that 100% 😔)

But EVERY Mega Man has a "Boss rush" where you have to beat most/all of them in a row. I like it... never really heard anyone say it's a reason why MM games "drag on", though.... 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Outside of the Mario Kart 8 stuff I really have never purchased anything digitally, unless it's a game that likely wouldn't get a physical release, but those are very few and far between. I don't even like paying a subscription for online gaming... like giving Sony or Nintendo money to use your own internet, especially with Nintendo since their servers are usually butt-cheeks.

I think what you just said is possibly the MOST important aspect of this whole deal... When you have to pay a monthly/yearly subscription to get access to the "online gaming" etc. for each console that is a FUCKIN' RIP!

Of course if I ever buy a Switch I will pay for it (at least to try it out) and then if I get to liking any online games, I'll be fucked.... so I am not at all looking forward to that.

It's complete bullshit. You are literally paying for them to allow you to use your own internet like Andy said. It's fucked.

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 2