IGNORED

2024 Nintendo World Championship (NES Edition)

Deadeye

I don't like the lame collectors boxes and have avoided them since the PS3 era, but this one, with the art cards and the rest that is tempting.  I could see framing those tiled into one thing if they're not overly large, which given the box likely aren't.

• 2 months later...

Pre-ordered the Deluxe Set at Walmart a couple weeks ago (GameStop was sold out) and it says it can be picked up on the 24th. Can't wait to win online again like I did in Mario Kart, Tetris 99, Pac-Man 99, and Super Mario Bros. 35. 😎 

image.jpeg.74cd609931d2d3f655cf860b6be6168b.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52

Was just in Japan and this was on every shelf in every shop I saw that was selling Switch games.  I didn't try to buy it, but it was out on display with all the currently available games in big quantities, and they had stuff out (take this slip to the cashier) for those famicom controllers too.

19 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Man that is a super bummer, usually it’s GameStop this shit happens with

Best Buy has missed numerous times with preorder for me in the past. They did not receive the Gamecube release of Madden on Gamecube the one time I bought it for Nintendo, bonus items not included for the Halo Reach or Halo 5? release, whichever it was, and chaotic midnight releases and delayed releases since they weren't ready several times. 

On 7/17/2024 at 6:52 PM, wongojack said:

Was just in Japan and this was on every shelf in every shop I saw that was selling Switch games.  I didn't try to buy it, but it was out on display with all the currently available games in big quantities, and they had stuff out (take this slip to the cashier) for those famicom controllers too.

Is the game actually called the same in Japan? And not just Famicom Remix 3?

I'm surprised they'd use the same branding, considering no one outside of the US ever heard of the Nintendo "World" Championship, and they seem to be banking pretty hard on that nostalgia for their American audience.

Edited by Sumez

I posted a leaderboard thread in the leaderboard section if anyone wants to share scores. First contest ends on Monday. Please post your scores.

I am trying to rank high, but unfortunately Nintendo gives you no indication of how you rank against others. At least we can get some idea of what’s possible among the people on this forum

Edited by phart010

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

Is the game actually called the same in Japan? And not just Famicom Remix 3?

I'm surprised they'd use the same branding, considering no one outside of the US ever heard of the Nintendo "World" Championship, and they seem to be banking pretty hard on that nostalgia for their American audience.

It definitely has the phrase "World Championship" in English on the cover with some other Japanese writing.  It seems that I didn't grab a clear picture of it, but it was for (pre)sale everywhere I looked.

Reference: Nintendo World Championships family computer world meeting [Switch] Nintendo | Nintendo mail order | BicCamera. com (transer.com)

Edited by wongojack

I preordered mine from Best Buy and got it no problem yesterday. I’ve always tried to do preorders at BB because I used to do them at GameStop and had problems all the time; whether being delayed or cancelled altogether after placing the order. 

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Thanks! I fucking hate best buy, but copied the name and got it from Target. Appreciate the help.

Cool. It's been available for some time for preorder. I'm genuinely surprised they aren't sold out. There's people reselling these locally.

Edited by Mega Tank