IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Flying Dragon - The Secret Scroll

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, fighters. I am sure you all are ready to show off your secret techniques in the arena after all the tribulations, tears and blood you went through to master them.

So... prepare for Flying Dragon - The Secret Scroll!

There rules for this bloody contest are:

• Play on beginner difficulty
  • Play till you lose your first life or till you reach the Mandara tournament
  • If you die, pause the game and take your picture to get your score
  • If you reach the Mandara tournament, pause the game as the elimination round 1 starts
  • Highest score wins
  • Genre: Beat' em up

The contest games now will run for 2 weeks instead of 1 week to help our contestants secure free time to participate in the games they enjoy. The contests will end at 8 pm instead of 11 pm so I can post the final standings on Sunday night.

Good luck and have fun, warriors!

The contest ends Sunday, 06/23/24 at 8 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 2

Im not sure this score counts, I paused it above at the beginning of what I think is the tournament but if I look at @NESfiends screen that is where the end of level one ends, but if you don’t get whatever the hell that item is you can just keep going through level one on an infinite loop. I didnt realize the goal of the level was to get whatever that thing was and I just kept scrolling along until I realized I was doing the same thing over and over again. I had no deaths though so I dunno

Either way yay for getting my NT back from analogue repair lmao

image.jpg

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Im not sure this score counts, I paused it above at the beginning of what I think is the tournament but if I look at @NESfiends screen that is where the end of level one ends, but if you don’t get whatever the hell that item is you can just keep going through level one on an infinite loop. I didnt realize the goal of the level was to get whatever that thing was and I just kept scrolling along until I realized I was doing the same thing over and over again. I had no deaths though so I dunno

You should be all good.  There is a time limit, so you cannot loop it indefinitely. 

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
56 minutes ago, PII said:

You should be all good.  There is a time limit, so you cannot loop it indefinitely. 

This. There are specific things you need to advance, but since it is one life and there is a time limit, I won't mind if people keep looping stages for score.

On 6/17/2024 at 6:42 PM, PII said:

I've been away for a bit, but it looks like the season is shorter this year. I would have liked to have tried to defend my beat em up title, but I've never even played this and I missed out on TMNT 3.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've been away for a bit, but it looks like the season is shorter this year. I would have liked to have tried to defend my beat em up title, but I've never even played this and I missed out on TMNT 3.

Wow!  Bearcat lives.  Welcome back, regardless!

• The topic was unpinned