IGNORED

Nintendo Power Super Mario 2 Club

Yeah, I’m not going to dig up the past but in the past month, we already had a big discussion with this one guy trying to justify that a game with manual he had was worth $300, because someone on eBay had a cartridge listed for something like $120 and another listing of a manual was $150, so obviously the pair was worth more together. Not only was that nor correct, he couldn’t understand that just because there’s one example on eBay with an asking price doesn’t mean that’s the value of the item.  In fact, if no one bids or hits that BIN, it’s definitely worth less than that.

So, as cool as your jacket is, it’s not worth $5,000 for sure. In fact, an adult, Large Final Fantasy VII letterman jacket that was a promo item sold within the last year on auction. IMHO, it’s a true holy grail of clothing items, and it was in fantastic shape. I will have to dig through some history to find the screen grabs but I think it went for around $2,500-3,000. In my opinion, that’s the closest thing to a comp and I couldn’t see this jacket going for near that much since it’s used and also not sized for an adult. Anyway, I’ll see if I can find the thread on here for your reference. Final Fantasy and Mario are not apples to apples but they both do have their rabid fans.

• Agree 1

I am going to a few conventions this summer for retro stuff.  I am hoping to gauge interest amongst some of the collectors and people selling stuff.  This may help approximate the value.  I appreciate everyone's feedback to this point, you guys rock!

• Like 1