IGNORED

Another huge WATA mistake in the TG16 collectors field.

Just now, Scrobins said:

Don’t report stupid shit. We’ll just give you a warning and add to your own point total.

Seriously though how many points does fc even have at this point lmao

I’m reporting Mega Tank for the second gif because the backboard was not shattered and it has ruined my night

1 minute ago, Scrobins said:

Don’t report stupid shit. We’ll just give you a warning and add to your own point total.

I am tired of Mega Tank following me around, quoting me, and posting the dunking picture. This is harassment. I agree that it is stupid shit, and I have no idea what I ever did to him to make him act in this way, but it is getting old, real quick.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, fcgamer said:

I am tired of Mega Tank following me around, quoting me, and posting the dunking picture. This is harassment. I agree that it is stupid shit, and I have no idea what I ever did to him to make him act in this way, but it is getting old, real quick.

You run around with somehow both a superiority complex, AND a victim complex. Don't go around acting all superior and people won't point out your glaring flaws, and then people won't (rightly) respond to that with

Snap Oooooo GIF

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You run around with somehow both a superiority complex, AND a victim complex. Don't go around acting all superior and people won't point out your glaring flaws, and then people won't (rightly) respond to that with

Snap Oooooo GIF

Look man, I just want to be left alone. That's sort of hard to do when (certain) people are always chasing me around different threads posting gifs and making needless comments to try to get under my skin. It's hostile, it's not necessary, it certainly doesn't present a friendly environment.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Look man, I just want to be left alone. That's sort of hard to do when (certain) people are always chasing me around different threads posting gifs and making needless comments to try to get under my skin. It's hostile, it's not necessary, it certainly doesn't present a friendly environment.

You don't get to ebb and flow your behaviour, walking the edge one minute and then being all "oh please help me I'm being hawassed!" the next. 

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You don't get to ebb and flow your behaviour, walking the edge one minute and then being all "oh please help me I'm being hawassed!" the next. 

To clear things up, I'm not trying to walk the edge and then claim victim the next moment. If the kind of gif malarkey like Mega Tank is doing stopped, you'd likely see that my behavior would be totally different as well. I am a more than reasonable person, I even reached out to Mega Tank in a DM in the hopes of putting an end to this behavior. 

• Agree 1

Whether the ignore feature is turned on or not:

- You'll still be notified they posted
- If someone quotes it, you can read it
- Does not actually solve the problem

And the rules here are pretty clear what would come down as harassment, and that is harassment. Whether dave has a superiority and/or victim complex going has no relevance on it, neither are against the rules, while trolling harassment is.  Yet what we have is instead a threat of adding to the warning total for calling out rule breaking harassment.

Am I missing something here, or if you want him gone that bad given how this keeps happening why not just set the warning to 10/10, forego that had just kick the dude out, and not work some weird long game to push the dude into leaving on his own which doesn't seem to be working.

8 hours ago, DarkKobold said:

As someone with a Ph.D... WTF are you going on about? I have absolutely zero power in this world, just a shiny degree that cost too many years of schooling to make me an expert in a very niche part of science. Literally the opposite of what you're talking about. I was trained by people in my niche field, who are actually experts and have been studying the field I'm in for 30-40 years. I'm not sure if this was an intentional personal attack, or just a random happenstance mentioning Ph.D. in your reply... 

Further, no one has a Ph.D. in video game collecting, so it's even more irrelevant. 

It’s never too late to send your Ph.D. in to the pros at Wata to get graded.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I have no idea whether you have a PhD or not; a such, I am not sure why you would presume that this might be some sort of attack on you. As such, what I have outlined has happened, I'll send you a DM about it later today.

I sent this to fcgamer, but I also felt it should be public - 

"Fair enough - you can see where I'd see have originally it as a personal attack - my real name is pretty easy to glean, so finding my linkedin and such is super easy. I'm an easily stalkable to target, and it's happened before. Thus, without all this context you just gave, it seemed to come out of nowhere, which I wrongly assumed was directed at me." 

He wasn't attacking me at all, it was just an odd coincidence. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

Tyree Cooper is not my real name. It's a guy who made hip house. Not the rapper of the same name ok? It's all very confusing.

Hopefully the guys at Wata are taking notes for when we send you in for grading 😀

• 2 weeks later...

The origins of WATA seem to be more in having the expertise of NES to N64, and more the Nintendo systems in general. What this thread tells me is that they’re too keen in making shortcuts, without bothering to consult other experts in other fields. More importantly, what kind of basic research did they do to rule out a repro possibility? It’s got me truly curious now!