IGNORED

Which game has the best online multiplayer experience?

World of Warcraft gets my vote, though I haven't played it in 15 years.  I'm sure it has changed, though I can't say how.  Some of my favorite video game memories were 40-man raids in Molten Core.  How many other activities do you do that involve intimately coordinating with 39 other people?  Maybe marching band?? 

• Like 1

Minecraft with some friends is probably the most fun. Path of Exile and Runescape are the most addicting but it's barely multiplayer outside being an online chat room. Path of Exile is essentially a single player game. It's literally too fast to meaningfully play with other people. Runescape is only fun as an ironman account that forces you to play solo because the entire MMO economy is pointless bot/p2w garbage.

Toss up between Counter Strike Source or Halo 2

New games online experiences are ass with having to sign up for an account everywhere and dead games flooded with bots or cheaters or cross play where I have a controller and am facing someone with a keyboard 

I think Splatoon was one of the more fun/competitive games I played online. I dropped off after playing S2 for a few months but had a lot of fun on that. Goldeneye Wii was fun because the community was small and I still have a solid group of friends that I talk to regularly and it's been 13-14 years. The game became overrun with hackers pretty quick though and went to shit shortly there after.

Mario Kart 8 online was a lot of fun too.. played the hell out of that.

• Like 1

I've thought about this one and personally, I feel like it's got to be GTA V for me. I don't play it as often, but there's so many different games within the online experience that make this such a well rounded game for multiplayer. Every time I hope on there's new game modes, heists and missions, races etc. The biggest downside is the fact people can troll you online, but that's part of the experience and there's a loophole to just hosting private lobbies (assuming it hasn't been patched). I would host private lobbies wanting to run their open multiplayer lobby missions that get bonuses when the lobby fills up and everyone ran their stuff and minded their business. There's so much to do on GTA V it's nuts.

I would mention Halo is still such a fun game to run online, but unfortunately it doesn't have as many customizable options as GTA does.

7 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

I think Splatoon was one of the more fun/competitive games I played online. I dropped off after playing S2 for a few months but had a lot of fun on that. Goldeneye Wii was fun because the community was small and I still have a solid group of friends that I talk to regularly and it's been 13-14 years. The game became overrun with hackers pretty quick though and went to shit shortly there after.

Mario Kart 8 online was a lot of fun too.. played the hell out of that.

Splatoon online is really fun and one of the few online games that is like competitive but like not rage inducing competitive just really chill. Even my wife likes playing it and that is saying something 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Splatoon online is really fun and one of the few online games that is like competitive but like not rage inducing competitive just really chill. Even my wife likes playing it and that is saying something 

Splatoon was a really fun game. I really enjoyed the first one, but lost interest in the others that followed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Splatoon was a really fun game. I really enjoyed the first one, but lost interest in the others that followed.

The first and the second were not different enough for me I guess, if you blindly gave me one to play I probably couldn’t tell you if it was the first or the second but it didn’t stop me from having a blast painting shit and beating down little kids hahaha

edit: wait maybe I’m thinking between 2 and 3 there wasn’t much difference, I totally forgot there was a third even though I own and have played it

Edited by a3quit4s

Just now, a3quit4s said:

The first and the second were not different enough for me I guess, if you blindly gave me one to play I probably couldn’t tell you if it was the first or the second but it didn’t stop me from having a blast painting shit and beating down little kids hahaha

or vice versa 🤣

I liked how original the paint tools were and had their own stats which essentially created different classes of players. If I fire the Switch back up, I may have to play a few games.

• 3 weeks later...