IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tetris

BeaIank

46 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Damn….,I will try to get back in here amd post more….. “dads ac service/car repair/appliance maintenance/lawn care/nursing/babysitting….” Tough to find time.

It’s not just you, I think a lot of people who used to play have moved on as well. Problem is the new people joining VGS don’t seem to be interested so replacement levels are nonexistent! I’ve never really played for the competitive aspect more to just get me to play these damn games I’ve collected I was hoping more people would join for that aspect at least

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
54 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Damn….,I will try to get back in here amd post more….. “dads ac service/car repair/appliance maintenance/lawn care/nursing/babysitting….” Tough to find time.

Games run for two weeks now so you have more time to get a score. Would be nice to see you around at least in some weeks.

• Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
10 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

It’s not just you, I think a lot of people who used to play have moved on as well. Problem is the new people joining VGS don’t seem to be interested so replacement levels are nonexistent! I’ve never really played for the competitive aspect more to just get me to play these damn games I’ve collected I was hoping more people would join for that aspect at least

lots of cycling for me.

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Games run for two weeks now so you have more time to get a score. Would be nice to see you around at least in some weeks.

did I miss the time change?  probably a good idea tho.  

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

did I miss the time change?  probably a good idea tho.  

Yeah, I started to let the games run for two weeks about a month ago. So there is almost always 2 games running and players pick when and what they want to play and post scores to.
People have been busier and busier lately, so I am trying to make it easier for them to come and play.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

it’s really more about making it more attractive and open so new people will come and play.

Which is exactly why forcing a level 1 start is odd. I'm not talking about making the game competitive, I'm talking about making it enjoyable :P

Allowing starting up to level 9 is definitely more fun, and you're not gonna miss out much in points by starting on a lower one if you're more comfortable with that!

I'm not gonna have the time to participate anyway, I was just asking, really. 🙂

Ashamed I haven't gotten a score up yet. I will fix that in due time. Love tetris, but I am not very good. 

Been preoccupied with the Wii I got for father's day. Mine had been broken for years, so I have had a great time diving back into my old games. 

All hail @mbd39, the VGA king of tetris. Ready to add another win to his wall

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I don’t have a game room anymore. Looking at shed options.

Which Batman villain would survive a zombie apocalypse? : r/whowouldwin

36 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

IMG_9053.jpeg

That is a sweet autographed piece of history there.  I wonder how long before it comes to market?

Fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

Score updated above. Really wanted to join the 100k club and got damn close. I loved this ruleset. It allowed me to finally get a better grasp on building for tetris's. Would love to see that rule set again. 

Also love that we have 3 games going right now. I'm sure it's extra work for the mods, but it sure is fun as a player.