IGNORED

Konami Code reference in Sabrina Carpenter's "Espresso"...

4 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Just pointing out the simple fact that the fact the this song is not on the list does not disqualify it from being a Konami Code reference. 🤷‍♂️

If you don't go and edit this song and the other song into this list, then I question your commitment to this silly obsession. A true fanatic would go to the ends of the earth to prove this point, and I do not think you're that fanatic.

I want you to put your money where your mouth is and edit that list. And put AirVillain Roolz! to prove it was you. 😛 

4 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Hahaha... I think it's funny how this is literally a reference that people here SHOULD understand, yet because she's a young pop star.... you just don't want to accept it??? 🤣

It's not that, it's just that it doesn't seem to be the full code when the other songs do work in the full code. Plus, she said Nintendo, not Konami. It's the Konami code, and Nintendo was known to have D-pads for almost all their controllers (or the sticks for the joycons, which is what the Switch uses.)

It's cool that she references Nintendo, but the Konami code is a stretch.

Unless it shows up on that list (with AirVillain Roolz! under it.)

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Okay... If that's the case she'd say "Up (N), Down (S), Right (E), Left (W)". Right?

My left is your right so it depends on if she's referring to her right or your right as a viewer. Each one can be east, relatively.

17 hours ago, Tulpa said:

If you don't go and edit this song and the other song into this list, then I question your commitment to this silly obsession. A true fanatic would go to the ends of the earth to prove this point, and I do not think you're that fanatic.

I want you to put your money where your mouth is and edit that list. And put AirVillain Roolz! to prove it was you. 😛 

It's not that, it's just that it doesn't seem to be the full code when the other songs do work in the full code. Plus, she said Nintendo, not Konami. It's the Konami code, and Nintendo was known to have D-pads for almost all their controllers (or the sticks for the joycons, which is what the Switch uses.)

It's cool that she references Nintendo, but the Konami code is a stretch.

Unless it shows up on that list (with AirVillain Roolz! under it.)

Haha, I just might have to do that. Later.... Maybe....

Okay, I get it... It's not the FULL CODE.... but that's part of what a "reference" is. It doesn't ALWAYS say exactly word for word whatever it's referring to..... that's literally what a reference is.

Once I have that updated I'll let you know... then it'll be official. 🤣

9 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Using the Konami code during sex should make you last longer, right?

Gives you 30 orgasms!

office space o face GIF

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

My left is your right so it depends on if she's referring to her right or your right as a viewer. Each one can be east, relatively.

Twilight Zone Getting Weird GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Haha, I just might have to do that. Later.... Maybe....

Okay, I get it... It's not the FULL CODE.... but that's part of what a "reference" is. It doesn't ALWAYS say exactly word for word whatever it's referring to..... that's literally what a reference is.

Once I have that updated I'll let you know... then it'll be official. 🤣

Gives you 30 orgasms!

office space o face GIF

Twilight Zone Getting Weird GIF by MOODMAN

Hahaha 30 orgasms?! Better ask @OptOut for confirmation 😉

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2024 at 5:31 PM, AirVillain said:

Possible... but the order is what gets me. Up, down, left, right... Seems very intentional.

Yes, it's intentional. Just not in the way you think.

Also, I've never heard someone say N S E W.

Never Eat Shredded Wheat, up here, son! (clockwise)

haha... or.... Never Eat Soggy Worms. 🤷‍♂️

You've never heard "north south east west"? Idk what to tell you. It's not unusual.

Can everyone please take a second and READ what Glovesy just said?

I did read it. I don't agree.

Example: Video Games by Classified is not even on the list. 🤔

It says "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start". That's the Konami code. Up down left right is not.

Up, down, left, right.... IN THAT ORDER?    🤔🤔🤔

I find it highly suspect it's a "general" d-pad reference when it's in that order. 🤷‍♂️

YES. That order is standard, as I've said. You're doing a backronym here.

On 6/30/2024 at 9:22 AM, AirVillain said:

Okay... If that's the case she'd say "Up (N), Down (S), Right (E), Left (W)". Right?

Wrong. Two different sets of directions, from different purposes and origins. We read left to right. We prioritize east before west same as north before south.

Untitled-2.jpg.8799be57c5961e26135b9fa0f65ffc10.jpg

On 6/30/2024 at 9:22 AM, AirVillain said:

IF IT IS ALSO NOT A REFERENCE ITSELF.

IT IS IT JUST ISNT TEH KONAMI CODE

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Link said:

Yes, it's intentional. Just not in the way you think.

You've never heard "north south east west"? Idk what to tell you. It's not unusual.

I did read it. I don't agree.

It says "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start". That's the Konami code. Up down left right is not.

YES. That order is standard, as I've said. You're doing a backronym here.

Wrong. Two different sets of directions, from different purposes and origins. We read left to right. We prioritize east before west same as north before south.

Untitled-2.jpg.8799be57c5961e26135b9fa0f65ffc10.jpg

IT IS IT JUST ISNT TEH KONAMI CODE

Okay so I don't talk about directions much.🤷‍♂️

To compare her saying "Up, Down, Left, Right" to "N, S, E, W" is more bonkers than saying it's a Konami code reference. 😅

She's just.... being navigational? Which happens to be RIGHT BEFORE a Nintendo line??? 🙈

Okay.... so first she's saying the line because of it's comparison to directional pattern but not really because it's switched because she's saying "left/right" instead....? So then it's a directional reference, but not actually accurate so it's not a "real reference" according to even your standards....?

Did you even read that? Hahaha.... fuck. Link, I'm too high for this bullshit.

It's simple:

She says "Up, down, Left, Right, oh" IMMEDIATELY before a Nintendo reference.

It's the muh-fuckin' KONAMI CODE.

Also, I can respect the fact that the "Konami Code" has become ubiquitous in pop culture as a "video game"/cheat code reference so I am fully willing to admit that it's reference could very well simply be "video game code" reference, or "cheat code" reference...... BUT STILL.... that's the Konami Code to us. 😎👍

As in, input the cheat code for great sex.

GET IT GUYS???? IT'S AN INNUENDO FOR SEX LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME.

• Disagree 1

On 7/2/2024 at 9:47 AM, guitarzombie said:

This is a joke, right?

Yeah, I know....

I'm having a hard time comprehending how people can't understand this either.... 🤔

People say "jump the shark" all the time and probably have no idea what Happy Days is. 🤷‍♂️

Could be same situation.

Point still stands: "up, down, left, right" reference = cheat code for sex.

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2024 at 6:59 PM, FireHazard51 said:

Yeah, I'm going to say that it isn't a specific Konami code reference but a general gaming reference  that doubles as a sexual innuendo given the next line references the Nintendo Switch.

THANK YOU!!!

Okay so maybe I misread this before. My apologies.

Because I kinda agree.... like I just said.

Konami Code has become ubiquitous with "gaming cheat code"....  So yeah... that too. 😎👍

As in... People say it's a general gaming reference, which it is, we just happen to know and understand it's origins.... so when I see the reference I still call it "The Konami Code"... 🤔🤷‍♂️

Edited by AirVillain

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Tulpa said:

*checking TV Tropes Konami Code list*

*not seeing Espresso listed*

*moving to invalidate AirVillain's entire argument*

Just give it a bit more time. The song needs more time to seep into the fabric of society.

It being a huge hit this summer was just the beginning.... 😳

Edited by AirVillain
spelling

She's not big enough. This will be forgotten. 

If it were Taylor Swift, she could say "The Konami code is hitting A seventy times in a row" and everyone on earth would suddenly say "Yep, that's the Konami code." 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
30 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

If it were Taylor Swift, she could say "The Konami code is hitting A seventy times in a row" and everyone on earth would suddenly say "Yep, that's the Konami code." 

We need to find a popular enough celebrity who's desperate enough to have a presence on Cameo, and get them to say something ridiculous like that. 

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2024 at 1:11 PM, Gloves said:

We need to find a popular enough celebrity who's desperate enough to have a presence on Cameo, and get them to say something ridiculous like that. 

Just gotta shell out that $35 USD to get the "confirmation". 🤣

On 10/16/2024 at 12:40 PM, Tulpa said:

Being "forgotten" doesn't make it not true.

Sarcasm/jokes aside.... I still think it's funny that we get an OLD SCHOOL video game reference in a new song from a young pop star and you dorks still don't want to accept it. 🤣

Who cares if it's not "EXACTLY" the proper code?? It's a reference to a video game code.... still counts. That's what a "reference" is.

I attempted to make an illustration....

sabrinakonami.png.fbf25c6229169b9f519803e5447c6a68.png

Edited by AirVillain
conjugation...

18 hours ago, Sumez said:

the Switch isn't that old school yet

The "old school" reference is the "Move it up, down, left, right".... 😳

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

EDIT TO TRY TO EXPLAIN IT:

"Move it up, down, left, right, oh (THIS IS THE KONAMI CODE REFERENCE)
Switch it up like Nintendo".          (THIS IS A NINTENDO REFERENCE {Switch} WHICH IS WHY YOU KNOW THE PREVIOUS LINE IS A NINTENDO/VIDEO GAME REFERENCE)

Is it really THAT complicated??? 😳

Edited by AirVillain

17 hours ago, AirVillain said:

EDIT TO TRY TO EXPLAIN IT:

"Move it up, down, left, right, oh (THIS IS THE KONAMI CODE REFERENCE)
Switch it up like Nintendo".          (THIS IS A NINTENDO REFERENCE {Switch} WHICH IS WHY YOU KNOW THE PREVIOUS LINE IS A NINTENDO/VIDEO GAME REFERENCE)

Is it really THAT complicated??? 😳

I thought we established this already, lol. It's not a konami code reference, it's just a reference to controller inputs. It's pretty obvious that it's talking about the Nintendo Switch, with the "switch it up" pun.

Right, its not a Konami code reference.  If it was, it would be Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A.  It isn't, its a move direction which was conceived years before Konami because Up Down Left Right is an elegant way of saying those directions.  As well as North South East West.

It's a reach.  If you input Up Down Left Right in Contra, does the code work? No, so it isn't a reference to it.  This is craziness.

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

I did hear this used in an ad I saw online (YT maybe) just this weekend. It was something like 'You wanna down down, up, up, left, right, left right B A your meals" or something like that. Really weird stretch but it caught both mine and my brother's attention and we had a good laugh over it. I also remember reading that it works on select Fisher Price toys..

On 10/19/2024 at 8:48 AM, AirVillain said:

Who cares if it's not "EXACTLY" the proper code?? It's a reference to a video game code.... still counts. That's what a "reference" is.

That just means it's a shitty reference. 

AirVillain: Welcome!

VGS: Huh?

AirVillain: I was making a reference to Jurassic Park! I don't need to say the whole phrase! It's a reference!

Graphics Team · Posted

Yeah - I could definitely be wrong, but I'm inclined to believe "up, down, left, right" in this context is just a reference to d-pad inputs in general, not the Konami code. And this is coming from a guy who literally has the Konami code tattoo'd across my fingers haha.

[T-Pac]