IGNORED

Hello fellow gamers

I've been a video game fan for a long time.  I like platformers and Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is one of my favorite games of all time.  I'm excited about the upcoming new Astro Bot game later this year. I'm also a fan of the Switch and have been playing a lot of games on it. I look forward to chatting with everyone about lots of fun game related topics, and maybe even sharing whatever new things come into my collection. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Splain said:

Welcome! What's your Switch collection look like?

Thanks for the welcome! I've built up a decent collection so far. It's not nearly as big as some collections I've seen but I've got some pretty cool games and a few that are a little tough to find. I may post some pics in one of the relevant threads.  

2 hours ago, spacepup said:

Welcome Astro Bot! 

I am also suuuuuper pumped for the new game!  I’m really looking forward to it.

Welcome to VGS!

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

NkEjT1S.png

2 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

greeting(s) to the party . . . 

4 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

SmWTNwi.png

Thanks everyone! Happy to be here!

Social Team · Posted
On 6/26/2024 at 7:15 PM, Astro Bot said:

I've been a video game fan for a long time.  I like platformers and Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is one of my favorite games of all time.  I'm excited about the upcoming new Astro Bot game later this year. I'm also a fan of the Switch and have been playing a lot of games on it. I look forward to chatting with everyone about lots of fun game related topics, and maybe even sharing whatever new things come into my collection. 

11c2.gif

If there is anything VGS needs more of is PSVR gamers.  Let me formally welcome you.  I look forward see you singing the praises of Astro Bot (I pre-ordered it too 😆) when it comes out and I'll be right there with you and @spacepup

Stephen Colbert Nerd GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Love 1

7 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

11c2.gif

If there is anything VGS needs more of is PSVR gamers.  Let me formally welcome you.  I look forward see you singing the praises of Astro Bot (I pre-ordered it too 😆) when it comes out and I'll be right there with you and @spacepup

Stephen Colbert Nerd GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Yeah, we seem to be a pretty small group in the Playstation community LOL. It's probably my favorite thing Sony did with the PS 4. I do have a few issues with the headset, camera, etc., but some of the software available for the PSVR is wonderful. Astro Bot was the first one that won me over and pretty much converted me into a fan of VR games.  That game is just pure joy in virtual form. I don't have a PSVR 2 yet, but I may pick one up at some point. I don't actually know much yet about the PSVR 2 library though.

Really happy to meet you FireHazard51! 

Social Team · Posted

Astro Bot is wonderful and I'm so glad it's been adapted as the new mascot for PlayStation.  My next favorite is Moss.  If you haven't played Book I & II then I highly recommend you do that.  

PSVR2 library is still growing with a decent amount of games be ported/upgraded from PSVR to PSVR2.  Which many may think isn't that big of a deal but they are wrong.  Beside better visuals you have MUCH better tracking of the controllers and haptic feedback.  It's like going from PS2 to PS3 in my mind.

PSVR2 isn't a priority for Sony or most developers.  It is a "niche" market and will be for a while on the PlayStation platform.  I have high hopes that it will become a common format, VR, to play games in.  And not much effort will be needed to covert it.  Basically VR is the second platform to play games on for PlayStation.  The PS Vita but better in that it will see continued support as VR isn't a fad. 

If you like to discuss VR more then maybe we can create a club on the site.  There are some other VR user but none seem to have a passion for it really.  I'm the resident fanatic though I do love play all kinds of other games/platforms.  I just have a super passion for VR since 2021 when I bought a used PSVR on a whim during the end of my Covid lock down.

• Love 1