IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Antarctic Adventure

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
This week, our fast players will put their penguin legs to the test, running around Antarctica bases as many time as they cab to prove their prowess at ANTARCTIC ADVENTURE!
The rules for this week are very simple:

• Pick level 1
  • Run for as long as you can
  • Loop the game as many times as your poor endurance allows you too
  • Either pause the game when you run out of time to take your picture or take it during appraise mode to get your score.
  • Highest score wins
  • Genre: Sports

The contest ends Sunday, 07/21/22 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

This game is so fun! Reserved.

I will always stand by that Konami not bringing this to the western market was a massive mistake. This game is a lot of fun!

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
10 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

I will always stand by that Konami not bringing this to the western market was a massive mistake. This game is a lot of fun!

big mistake!

I have played this game off and on ever since the first contest it was in, hope to do well, although it gets a bit difficult the longer you go lol

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

A first effort from the 2021 penguin racin champ. I don't remember this game being so hard on the left thumb, but I will power through. 

No time to take a picture. Assume the high score bar on a new game works?

20240708_204720.jpg

once u reach the highest speed you don't have to hold up, i had the same problem until i realized i didn't have to HOLD up.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

once u reach the highest speed you don't have to hold up, i had the same problem until i realized i didn't have to HOLD up.

I didn't know that and will give it a try, but I am always speeding up and slowing down for flags. That's where the real points are at. Time bonus is for shit comparatively, if memory serves 

On 7/7/2024 at 12:08 PM, mbd39 said:

kr8pRta.jpeg

Smoked your score from last time and came close to the coveted 300k. With 10 days to spare. @PII is just warming up and still looking strong. @Jeevan vowing to go hard could be a big x-factor - he is a score HOLDER. Looks like we will have some great competition in this one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
33 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Smoked your score from last time and came close to the coveted 300k. With 10 days to spare. @PII is just warming up and still looking strong. @Jeevan vowing to go hard could be a big x-factor - he is a score HOLDER. Looks like we will have some great competition in this one!

i warmed up, need to make a serious run, gonna stream it some over the course of the next week, the only thing you might have is it's the ride week, i am gonna be out saturday for 162 miles and prepping a bit prior to that along with an mri on friday.

I'll see if i can get a potential good score coming up though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

That is an amazing score! Nicely done!

Thanks. I figured out the high score strats so it was a matter of keep trying until finally having a good run. I really got into it this week.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Thanks. I figured out the high score strats so it was a matter of keep trying until finally having a good run. I really got into it this week.

Nice score!! You cleared mine from last time I went hard to beat @PII that week, 306 to 303. I have been regressing and have had little reason to think I will get to my score from last time. That one is going to be tough to beat, but @PII getting two weeks to race is dangerous. He is a wiley holden mugroin

• Haha 1