IGNORED

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition

phart010

Administrator · Posted

Here's mine - I know I could probably get a better time on Kid Icarus but I have been struggling with that one ha!  And I see several of you getting under 3.70 on metroid - I'm struggling to get anything quicker there!

Jeez... I really wasn't planning on picking this up and, honestly, I have no clue why I popped in here, but now I really want to get this game.

Gaming is fun.  Gaming with friends is funner.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
30 minutes ago, RH said:

Jeez... I really wasn't planning on picking this up and, honestly, I have no clue why I popped in here, but now I really want to get this game.

Gaming is fun.  Gaming with friends is funner.

Honestly.. it's pretty fun.  I'm not super competitive and I'm not 'great' at speedrunning, but there is a decent amount of content to the game, and the global challenges change every week.  I wish it had more integrated play / comparison with friends, but I suppose that is what this thread is being used for.

I like that some of the challenges are super short / bite-sized challenges, that only take a few seconds.  And it's addictive to keep practicing until you get a good score.  It's satisfying to get 'S' rank on one, for example. 

I'll definitely take this game for $30 (digital) that I actually enjoy playing, over paying 5 figures(+?) for an old even more limited NES cart just to show off haha.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, buttheadrulesagain said:

Hey, what kind of controller are you using? I am using a wired Genesis controller from Retrobit.

Great question! I've been using the Switch Pro Controller and also an 8Bitdo SN30+.

Both of which I don't like for this game, but just trying to do my best! Both controllers do not feel precise enough.

1 hour ago, CT said:

Great question! I've been using the Switch Pro Controller and also an 8Bitdo SN30+.

Both of which I don't like for this game, but just trying to do my best! Both controllers do not feel precise enough.

I was using the SN30+ as well, but the d-pad can hit the diagonals unintendedly. I bought the Genesis one, but it has the same issue.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, buttheadrulesagain said:

Did you all see the robbery of the Donkey Kong record in competition 2? Pfffff 

Oh yeah that the glitched run won the competition?  Yeah that seems a bit unfair, not sure how Nintendo let that one slide.