IGNORED

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition

phart010

That makes me curious--has anyone done any lag-testing on wired vs. wireless controllers for the Switch? I mean, I know wireless has been the way to go for over 15 years(?) but still, you can't beat the speed of wired vs. wireless. Now, it might not matter if the difference is a few milliseconds but if it's 10 or more, then it might matter for speed running mini-games like this.  Especially when people are completing tasks in seconds.

On 8/1/2024 at 8:01 AM, RH said:

That makes me curious--has anyone done any lag-testing on wired vs. wireless controllers for the Switch? I mean, I know wireless has been the way to go for over 15 years(?) but still, you can't beat the speed of wired vs. wireless. Now, it might not matter if the difference is a few milliseconds but if it's 10 or more, then it might matter for speed running mini-games like this.  Especially when people are completing tasks in seconds.

For that, one would need special equipment or setup... too complicated. My wired controller feels really good in that regard... too bad the dpad is not like the NES, so I keep pressing diagonals when I do not intend it.

• 3 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, drxandy said:

I've been trying to play every week but not too seriously, was surprised by this tho

20240825_192620.jpg.f58773ff5d230f809f7a907a6ee4bcd3.jpg

20240825_192833.jpg.c4b72fc264c093244e1608d2b7f1aed9.jpg

Yeah, my kid has that time too.  I told him to push himself and get that 1.42, so he tried... a hundred times.  Then I googled best times and was like "oh... nevermind... stand down buddy."

One of the drawbacks to this game.  The challenges that have hard caps like this.

• Like 1