IGNORED

NWC Gold on Goldin Auctions

https://goldin.co/item/1990-nes-nintendo-gold-world-championships-missing-cartridge-usa-cartrwlodh

I didn't see this posted anywhere, so sorry if it already was. The last one just sold for $350,000. In my personal worldview, this should sell for much less missing the entire label, but I'm sure everyone who owns one will be riding the "It's an honor and privilege just to own one at all" train for the next few weeks. Also how on Earth do you get a 4.0 grade missing the entire label??

Anyway, neat.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, DefaultGen said:

You act like this isn't going to be bought by an investment pool already.

"Owning" a part of a rare game is the dream! It's like an NFT owned by a DAO! BUT REAL! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Don't they know I'm trying to take a break here?

Make your account now and make sure you up your spending limit.

Default spending limit is $10,000 for new accounts. I'll be bidding too, but I'll only be bidding my entire NWC Grey budget.

Also, I can confirm the cart as legitimate. Here's an old photo of the cartridge in my archive that shows the damage better.

nwcgold.png.d3b11eb646e33cc42f2f458fcd1a9acb.png

NOTE: This is not the other NWC gold that was owned by NintendoAge use "lagenfeld". His cartridge was met with a lot of controversy that made him sell off his entire collection and leave the community entirely. (Sad day)

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 3

22% buyers premium is f’n crazy - that’s exactly like buying a new car off the lot and it losing value as soon as you buy it (except about 15% worse). The NWC gold is worth X on its own but because you have to pay an additional 22% it’s immediately worth 75% of what you paid for it. Nuts. 

Fuck Goldin Auctions. 

Edited by a3quit4s

17 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

22% buyers premium is f’n crazy - that’s exactly like buying a new car off the lot and it losing value as soon as you buy it (except about 15% worse). The NWC gold is worth X on its own but because you have to pay an additional 22% it’s immediately worth 75% of what you paid for it. Nuts. 

Fuck Goldin Auctions. 

I'm saying this as a bidder: I factor in the premium in my bid price.

I just ignore the actual bid price and realize that instead of $10,000 I'm actually bidding $12,200 plus tax, shipping, handling, and for an item this large? Probably the cost of a plane ticket or hefty insurance for a week.

I'm pretty sure they also take a commission fee from the seller as well, so if one were to pop up on facebook somehow, you can say the fair market price is 60-70% of what it sells in a few days...BUT also bare in mind that the last private sale was a few months ago for $350k, and I don't see this breaking $250k without the label.

Edited by ThePhleo

14 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I'm saying this as a bidder: I factor in the premium in my bid price.

I just ignore the actual bid price and realize that instead of $10,000 I'm actually bidding $12,200 plus tax, shipping, handling, and for an item this large? Probably the cost of a plane ticket or hefty insurance for a week.

Yeah ok because it’s totally gonna sell for $10k lmao more realistically it sells for what $100k? That’s now $22k on top of your gavel bid and the cart is still now worth the $100k you paid for it. Like cmon man there is no reason to even be involved in this. For you especially, aren’t you still keeping track of NWC owners? One of them has got to be willing to sell to you at these prices lol Alim wouldn’t sell you the 105 at TMG?

Edited by a3quit4s

19 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Yeah ok because it’s totally gonna sell for $10k lmao more realistically it sells for what $100k? That’s now $22k on top of your gavel bid and the cart is still now worth the $100k you paid for it. Like cmon man there is no reason to even be involved in this. For you especially, aren’t you still keeping track of NWC owners? One of them has got to be willing to sell to you at these prices lol Alim wouldn’t sell you the 105 at TMG?

I don't track owners of the greys, but I do know where all the golds are and besides PatTheNESPunk and this copy? They're all in their forever homes. Meaning, the owners of the other 11 copies have to either go through desperation or worse for them to ever move.

I plan on bidding $50k which is every dollar I have saved up for Grey (yeah I know, still not enough) but you never know! Goldin is great because new buyers can only bid up to $10k, and once bidding is in only current bidders can extend the time.

So, if I put in a $50k bid then there's a very very small chance I can actually win.

1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

I don't track owners of the greys, but I do know where all the golds are and besides PatTheNESPunk and this copy? They're all in their forever homes. Meaning, the owners of the other 11 copies have to either go through desperation or worse for them to ever move.

I plan on bidding $50k which is every dollar I have saved up for Grey (yeah I know, still not enough) but you never know! Goldin is great because new buyers can only bid up to $10k, and once bidding is in only current bidders can extend the time.

So, if I put in a $50k bid then there's a very very small chance I can actually win.

Hey man I wish you luck I know you been tracking them forever and it would be cool to see you get one if you don’t already have one!

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Hey man I wish you luck I know you been tracking them forever and it would be cool to see you get one if you don’t already have one!

Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm basically buying a scratch-off, and hoping to win the million.

I WILL own a grey eventually though.

8 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Make your account now and make sure you up your spending limit.

Default spending limit is $10,000 for new accounts. I'll be bidding too, but I'll only be bidding my entire NWC Grey budget.

Also, I can confirm the cart as legitimate. Here's an old photo of the cartridge in my archive that shows the damage better.

nwcgold.png.d3b11eb646e33cc42f2f458fcd1a9acb.png

NOTE: This is not the other NWC gold that was owned by NintendoAge use "lagenfeld". His cartridge was met with a lot of controversy that made him sell off his entire collection and leave the community entirely. (Sad day)

You won't be bidding against me, I'm on an indefinite break after the last 2 years. For the first time in my life I've been turning people down on offers.

8 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Fuck Goldin Auctions. 

There are people paying that $22,000 premium simply because they had a good day at work last week. It's a different world.